• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Capcom: "Get us 1,000 Pre-orders & we'll Publish it" (DMC I&II Soundtracks)

Trevelyon

"TOKYO--Even though the Devil May Cry series has become one of the biggest titles for Capcom, the game has yet to see a soundtrack release. That may now change. Japanese game-niche-product company Tanomi.com has persuaded Capcom to release soundtracks for both games in the Devil May Cry series, provided that there is sufficient proof of demand for the product.

Capcom has agreed to publish the Devil May Cry soundtrack if 1,000 people agree to preorder the product. Although the pre-order count was 768 as of press time, the details for the Devil May Cry CD have already been revealed. The 7,980 yen ($72) set will consist of 73 tracks on two discs for the first Devil May Cry and 51 tracks on two discs for Devil May Cry 2. The first shipment of the CDs will come with a revamped edition of the Devil May Cry comic book, which is published in North America."

http://www.gamespot.com/news/2004/08/10/news_6104508.html

dmc2dvd_main.jpg
dmcalbum_main.jpg

dmcdvd_main.jpg

Hey Capcom! while you're at it, can we finally get a Marvel vs. Capcom 2 OST, eh?

Alex

I don't want a MvsC2 OST. I want a MvsC2 single featuring the character select tune as the only track, I promise to purchase 10 copies and distribute them as christmas presents this year.

Merry Christmas, and thanks for the card, you cheapass.

dark10x

Digital Foundry pixel pusher
Heh, I recieved an e-mail about that from Tanomi...

I guess that petition actually worked! I signed it a WHILE ago...

http://www.tanomi.com/metoo/naiyou.html?kid=28900

I'd like to see an actual OST for those games. There was some good music, but all of the rips were pretty poor. Hopefully Capcom can mix them properly and make something good out of it...

Trevelyon

"Assuming the CDs are actually released, the only way to get them will apparently be through the Tanomi.com Web site, even though the soundtrack would be released by Capcom under its own Suleputer label."

Best of luck. ;)

Grizzlyjin

Supersonic, idiotic, disconnecting, not respecting, who would really ever wanna go and top that
Trevelyon said:
DIE

I'M GONNA TAKE YOU FOR A RIDE... DO... DO... DO.... DO I'M GONNA TAKE YOU FOR A RIDE!!!!

Don't forget the song in the ice stage.

Dice

Pokémon Parentage Conspiracy Theorist
Does anyone have the art from that third pic in a larger size? It rocks and I would like it for my Capcom art collection (currently at 115MB, weee)

dark10x

Digital Foundry pixel pusher
FortNinety said:
Daytona USA soundtrack's fruitiness > MvsC2 soundtrack's fruitiness :)

Heh, the first track on that Street Fighter 2 tribute album certainly brought back those memories of Daytona's music as well (which should make sense cnosidering it was arranged by the same guy, Tanenobu Mitsuyoshi). :p

Top Bottom