• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Capcom Nightmare Before Christams pix (looking good)

TTP

Have a fun! Enjoy!
ntm03.jpg

ntm08.jpg

ntm15.jpg

ntm17.jpg

ntm20.jpg

ntm10.jpg

More here

StoOgE

First tragedy, then farce.
why is Jack killing people in Halloween land? Boogie was the only real badguy. I hate when they make games based on movies that dont have enough action to justify a game, so they make up shit that has nothing to do with anything :(

Socreges

Banned
StoOgE said:
why is Jack killing people in Halloween land? Boogie was the only real badguy. I hate when they make games based on movies that dont have enough action to justify a game, so they make up shit that has nothing to do with anything :(
Yeah, I wish this was an Adventure game. Damn you, Capcom! Can't you do anything else!

StoOgE said:

It's not based on the first movie. IIRC, it's after.

megateto

Have they added some new filter... or something.. it doesn't look as jaggied as before (like if I cared then)...

Looks way better than before.

TTP

Have a fun! Enjoy!
StoOgE said:

Who cares if the game turns out to be fun? If this was going to be some new IP (say, a Rygar like action game) and Capcom decided to put a license on it for marketing reasons more power to them. It worked for Square and Kingdom Hearts: it sold very well and it's the most innovative (the best probably) game produced by Square this gen.

jarrod

Banned
FoneBone said:
You're thinking of the GBA game (which is being published by Disney itself).
Actually I thought Tose was doing both? Massive Attack or someone mentioned it I think?

funcojoe

God how I wish this was being made for the Xbox ground up, a license like this needs to have the best graphics.

BuddyC

StoOgE said:
Boogie still is the only real bad guy: these are his henchmen. Boogie has returned, and stuff.

While the game may be looking good, I'm hoping it gets polished up a bit beyond what was shown at E3.

TTP said:
Who cares if the game turns out to be fun? If this was going to be some new IP (say, a Rygar like action game) and Capcom decided to put a license on it for marketing reasons more power to them. It worked for Square and Kingdom Hearts: it sold very well and it's the most innovative (the best probably) game produced by Square this gen.

Because if you're going to bother to use a licensence, you should at least stay true to its roots. What if they made a game starring your favorite super hero (if you have one that is) and made it a gardening sim?

I was far more intereted in this game till I discovered it became Devil May Trick or Treat.

It's not impossible for Halloween Town to have some sort of uprising by more evil characters. It doesn't stick with the original movie and I can't say I'm ecstatic about it, but it isn't completely out of the realm of possiblity. I still think it should be an adventure game, either way.

This honestly looks ten times better than the old shots though.

TTP

Have a fun! Enjoy!
FortNinety said:
Because if you're going to bother to use a licensence, you should at least stay true to its roots. What if they made a game starring your favorite super hero (if you have one that is) and made it a gardening sim?

True to its roots? We are not talking about a Nightmare Before Christamas scrolling shoot'em up or gardening sim here (albeit the latter would be interesting actually). It's just Jack fighting in his universe. I don't find this that much untrue to its roots. It is as "untrue" as it is needed to make it a fun action game without messing too much with the license.

The Nightmare Before Christmas level in Kingdom Hearts was fun as hell and it was for the most part about fighting.

etiolate

Banned
I wonder if this will ever get ported to Gamecube?

If this is set at some time other than the movie, will Jack go to other holiday towns? I see one shot of him in his santa suit, but it doesn't look like Christmas town.

rygar mod

That could be good.

BuddyC

Later in the game, you'll travel to Christmas Town, among other locations. You are also be able to change into Santa and Pumpkin King costumes at any time, each with their own abilities. Set for a release this October, The Nightmare Before Christmas: Oogie Boogie's Revenge looks to be a solid title for fans of the film.

From my overly enthusiastic, PR-sounding E3 impressions located here.

Top Bottom