• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Capcom Super Elections (40th anniversary vote) results site is up

Pejo

Lots of interesting results, Devil May Cry is still really popular despite the last game coming out 5 years ago.

The one that I was most curious about:

0nHpFoL.jpeg

FeralEcho

If they do, they have to mimic the Guilty Gear pseudo 2D/3D style. I would HATE Darkstalkers with SF6's art style.
I agree, it would be the best case scenario but at this point...anything they do with the IP I'll take it...

NotMyProblemAnymoreCunt

Biggest Trails Stan
Darkstalkers with a full on Story Mode please. Just do anything with this IP for the love of God, it's such an awesome series.

Breath of Fire 6 with Sexy Fanservice pls

onimusha
dino crisis
okami
god hand
and
street fighter 1 REMAKE

Breath of Fire 6

If they do, they have to mimic the Guilty Gear pseudo 2D/3D style. I would HATE Darkstalkers with SF6's art style.

Breath of Fire 6 in full 3D Celshaded Graphics with a turn based battle system pls

IDKFA

I am Become Bilbo Baggins
There's an weirdly large amount of Dino Crisis love in that poll considering there hasn't been a game in over 2 decades and a good one a few years longer.

The first two were great. Even people who haven't played them understand it's Resident Evil with dinosaurs. Imagine how amazing that would be with current hardware?

That's why it's number one.

Mr Hyde

A remake of Dino Crisis or a new entry would be awesome. But most of all, I want a new Okami. It's been too long since we last saw Amaterasu.

So we are getting Dino Crisis with an attractive lead then......I wish Okami did better. Could have been Capcom's equivalent to Zelda.

FunkMiller

'Resident Evil with dinosaurs' was/still is one of the greatest video game pitches ever. No wonder people want another one all these years later.

Jinzo Prime

There's an weirdly large amount of Dino Crisis love in that poll considering there hasn't been a game in over 2 decades and a good one a few years longer.
It's an internet meme at this point. Notice how it doesn't show up in the Japanese lists at all.

Northeastmonk

Gold Member
May be an unpopular opinion, but Okami and Ace Attorney would be last on my list. Japan wanting so many Monster Hunter games. Why isn’t Japan big on BioHazard and DMC? I have tried Okami multiple times and I could never get into it. I don’t disagree with the 🌎

yurinka

I'm surprised to see so much love for Dino Crisis, Mega Man, Okami and Darkstalkers. Very different than what game sales show.

Also, let's hope they take into consideration this survey for something and that they make more surveys, both general and franchise specific, to get a better idea of what their fans want.

Last edited:

Fake

Gold Member
That list break most of the resetera lmao.

And imo Jill win is kinda misleading because the old Jin design probably got the vote. The recent Jill is not appealing at all.

ReyBrujo

Gold Member
Happy that Breath of Fire appears so many times even in the World surveys. But what is all about DMC and Dante, way too many <10yo boys voting :V

Last edited:

Calverz

let’s be honest here, dino crisis is only that high up probably because of that dude over in ree who won’t shut the fuck up about it.

Roni

Dino Crisis is a wonderful franchise. With RE1's experience, Mikami designed Dino Crisis 1 as a very deep Survival Horror game. Fans of the genre itself love it precisely because it is so much deeper than RE. Dino Crisis 2 is, for all intents and purposes, the blueprint for Resident Evil 4. In terms of game design, the Dino Crisis franchise is superb and way ahead of its time. For my money, I guess what killed it was the clunky time travel backstory; which was too complicated for Capcom to make it work over several sequels and the horrible gamble on space in Dino Crisis 3. The bioweapon angle from RE was much more grounded and palatable for the public.

Shame.

I'd be okay if they removed time travel from the backstory for a remake to make it easier to keep the franchise going.

Last edited:
I'm shocked Capcom hasn't already made another Dino Crisis since the the revived success of Jurassic Park/World.
Okami or Onimusha.
Not quite what you want but that new Kunitsu Gami: Path of the Goddess game looks to have a bit of both in its DNA. Probably the closest you get for a while.

I'm surprised to see so much love for Dino Crisis, Mega Man, Okami and Darkstalkers. Very different than what game sales show.

Also, let's hope they take into consideration this survey for something and that they make more surveys, both general and franchise specific, to get a better idea of what their fans want.
That's the thing, can't always trust surveys to reflect anything but responses of hardcore fans.

No one would buy a Breath of Fire remake or Okami sequel.

Unfortunately that's the truth and Capcom knows that.
At best we will get some low-budget port of Breath of Fire or some Okamiden 2.

Here Capcom, listen to the voice of reason instead. Remake THOSE GAMES:

4332400-shadow-of-rome-playstation-2-front-cover.jpg
10418354-power-stone-dreamcast-front-cover.jpg
3987609-mega-man-legends-playstation-front-cover.jpg
Power Stone reboot was in that leaked Capcom release doc from ages ago, most of which have panned out. That and a new Final Fight.

Vick

Gold Member
Did it all, and voted for Dino Crisis only.
And I voted for DC only because a Remake of it should have been released last gen already, so that I would be right now waiting for DC2 Remake, also known as the best videogame of the decade, to release soon.
SYrwZnF.jpg

GSFeuXS.png

The Man Reaction GIF by ION Mystery

Hudo

Can we please get Mega Man Legends 3? If you have money to fund something like Exoprimal, surely you've got money for Mega Man Legends 3.

Top Bottom