• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Capcom Super Elections (40th anniversary vote) results site is up

Hot take but Okami was 2 acts too long. And no idea the recent obsession with Dino Crisis, but I would not take that seriously - from a small but vocal fanbase. Pretty much every Dino Crisis fan responded to that poll.

Meh.... Let me know when we get a mega man legends sequel or port of the first trilogy. Oh wait they don't like money. Same with konami.

Diddy X

Hot take but Okami was 2 acts too long. And no idea the recent obsession with Dino Crisis, but I would not take that seriously - from a small but vocal fanbase. Pretty much every Dino Crisis fan responded to that poll.

It's pretty obvious after RE remakes people see potential in giving Dino Crisis the same treatment.

AREYOUOKAY?

Yes very smart Capcom fans. Waste votes on something that gets guaranteed remakes or new games just about every year. I’m surprised Street Fighter or Monster Hunter wasn’t on the top as well.

proandrad

Enough with the monster hunter. Monster Hunter fans have been getting fat with too many games. Give us more Devil May Cry.

Dacvak

No one shall be brought before our LORD David Bowie without the true and secret knowledge of the Photoshop. For in that time, so shall He appear.
No Viewtiful Joe makes me a sad panda.

Jesb

I don’t get the death of mega man. One of the games that put you on the map and you don’t need a big budget like some of their many other games they put out.

I don’t get the death of mega man. One of the games that put you on the map and you don’t need a big budget like some of their many other games they put out.

Agreed. They could even farm out development duties to a proven indie studio. Advertising is basically free because Nintendo or Sony will reserve time for it during a showcase over some other unknown commodity. Then, even if it otherwise bombs, they’ll get a nice payday when it inevitably hits Gamepads and PS+.

Ivan

New DIno Crisis (or remakes) would require very interesting approach to shooting mechanics I think. It was much easier to do it in Resident Evil since it's a safe, logical way to do it in that genre. But How do you make something like Dino Crisis 2 gameplay in a modern game...?

Astral Dog

It seems to me Keiji Inafune was the main creative behind the series, and the executive who pushed for new MegaMan projects back then, he designed the Zero and Battle Network series (that continued until DS although with slightly different brands), after that Capcom seems content with just rehashing the original series for nostalgia i been hoping to see something more ambitious from them but so far nothing

Shut0wen

Banned
Interesting to see the Top 10 favorite Capcom games and the different rankings in Japan versus the rest of the world.

6tFttcu.png
Makes me sad no one like the ace series, hands down the best point and click game series of all time

ABnormal

No one would buy a Breath of Fire remake or Okami sequel.

Unfortunately that's the truth and Capcom knows that.
At best we will get some low-budget port of Breath of Fire or some Okamiden 2.

Here Capcom, listen to the voice of reason instead. Remake THOSE GAMES:

4332400-shadow-of-rome-playstation-2-front-cover.jpg
10418354-power-stone-dreamcast-front-cover.jpg
3987609-mega-man-legends-playstation-front-cover.jpg
Ahhh, a remake of Shadow of Rome would be sick... It was great.

engstra

Okami criminally low on the ranking. Also the fact that Shadow of Rome wasn't even an option, that game deserves more love

64bitmodels

Reverse groomer.
Yes very smart Capcom fans. Waste votes on something that gets guaranteed remakes or new games just about every year. I’m surprised Street Fighter or Monster Hunter wasn’t on the top as well.
None of the most requested sequels listed have had sequels in years

Megaman 11 was 2018
Dino Crisis 3 was 2003
Devil May Cry 5 was 2019

none of these franchises have seen the 2020s yet

Top Bottom