• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Captain America: Brave New World | Official Teaser

Hrk69

Gold Member
breaking bad jeans GIF

analog_future

Resident Crybaby
Wasn't really looking forward to this, but that was a great trailer and now I'm interested.

I like that they appear to be approaching this as a political thriller rather than the typical Marvel fare.

Last edited:

jason10mm

Gold Member
Isn't this like a 350 MILLION dollar budget? Daaaaaamn. I like Anthony Mackie a lot but he's never really had that on-screen "leading man" charisma in anything I've seen him in. Hope he steps up. Did Falcon get some super serum or an iron man tech suit on the TV show? Curious if there is an in-universe reason why he can do that stuff or if they will just hand wave how a normal human can mix it up like that (a far cry from the Black Widow/Hawkeye dynamic they had versus the rest of the team).

Are they recasting Thunderbolt Ross with Hurt having passed (RIP), just gonna CG him, or is Red Hulk someone else?

OmegaSupreme

advanced basic bitch
I know Ross isn't a young man but you would think they would hire someone a tad younger... In any case I'm really not interested in any marvel movies unless the X-Men are featured at this point.

ManaByte

Gold Member
BTW the antisemites are going to go to war over this movie. Expect to see a bunch of bullshit over it because Sabra is in it as a CIA agent.

Sabra is the Israeli Marvel superhero.

ManaByte

Gold Member
Ah, dang. I was hoping he would still be James Marshall from Air Force One coming back for a second term :p

He's just GOTTA kick someone out of a plane though!

That's why the trailer opened with the "getting used to the new look" joke.

jason10mm

Gold Member
BTW the antisemites are going to go to war over this movie. Expect to see a bunch of bullshit over it because Sabra is in it as a CIA agent.

Sabra is the Israeli Marvel superhero.
GODDAMN I hope she has at least 1 quick scene looking like this :p

Hd7Owbf.jpeg

And how in the hell is this film opening in FEBRUARY?!?!? Isn't that like a major film release dump month? Either Disney has HUGE confidence in this or it's already been written off.

DeafTourette

Perpetually Offended

Hd7Owbf.jpeg

And how in the hell is this film opening in FEBRUARY?!?!? Isn't that like a major film release dump month? Either Disney has HUGE confidence in this or it's already been written off.

They have confidence in it. The first Black Panther opened in February too ... Went on to make 1.3 billion at the box office.

Edit: January is the dump month.

Last edited:

ManaByte

Gold Member

Iger pushed everything Marvel but Deadpool to 2025 to fix the disaster Bob Cheapek left him. He already fixed Pixar and they had a $1 billion hit. They've been doing Captain America reshoots for the last month to fix the Cheapek version.

Captain America is February, Fantastic 4 (which Feige confirmed is set in a different universe in the 60s) is in May, and Thunderbolts* is in July. The * in Thunderbolts is because it's believed the real title is Dark Avengers (which is what the script started as) and it'll be revealed at the end of the movie.

Iger mandated no more than 3 Marvel movies in a year, with 2 preferable. And less TV shows.

Cheapek was spamming garbage content for everything.

Last edited:

SaintALia

Looks good. The Marvel stuff I''ve been saying looked way too friggin generic lately and it even caused me to unsub from Disney + when I noticed they were raising their sub prices this month.

Ulysses 31

Hd7Owbf.jpeg

You've not heard about Mackie getting angry about shooting scenes without a script and other behind the scenes troubles rumors. :messenger_winking_tongue:

poppabk

Cheeks Spread for Digital Only Future
I stepped off the Marvel train a while back, but this looks like it might be good enough to draw me back-in.

jason10mm

Gold Member
They have confidence in it. The first Black Panther opened in February too ... Went on to make 1.3 billion at the box office.

Edit: January is the dump month.
I dunno, go look at the domestic BO data here...https://www.boxofficemojo.com/chart/top_grossing_month/?by_occasion=all

Feb is maybe not the lowest performing month but it's DEFINITELY towards the bottom compared to the summer months and Nov/Dec. In fact, Feb 18 is the ONLY time Feb hit a billion in BO (making it #62 out of the 40 years/500 months tracked). The next time Feb shows up is at $800 mill or so at #135. So if they are dropping one of the MOST EXPENSIVE FILMS EVER in Feb it's a statement about something, for sure.

Those reshoots are MURDERING these films. $75-100 mill extra? JFC they need proper storyboarding and scripts if they have to do this on almost all of their recent films. If CA4 isn't directly setting up F4 then I'm surprised they are giving the 'new' IP the better month, especially since it has just started filming and they have NO IDEA how it's gonna turn out. Wouldn't surprise me if CA4 slips to May.

Trogdor1123

This looks not bad actually but wasn’t he just a regular dude with wings before? He wasn’t an actual super hero, was he? I ask as some of the stuff he does in that trailer is pretty “super”

ManaByte

Gold Member
This looks not bad actually but wasn’t he just a regular dude with wings before? He wasn’t an actual super hero, was he? I ask as some of the stuff he does in that trailer is pretty “super”

Like throwing the shield? That wasn't him. That was Isaiah Bradley, who was given the serum before Steve Rogers.

Trogdor1123

Like throwing the shield? That wasn't him. That was Isaiah Bradley, who was given the serum before Steve Rogers.
Yeah a few other things that were well beyond a regular human. I get it’s a movie but did he get enhancements or something? It is a big deal at all and not a crticism. Just wondering as I’ve been out of the marvel scene for a while. This looks great though.

IntentionalPun

Ask me about my wife's perfect butthole
Yeah a few other things that were well beyond a regular human. I get it’s a movie but did he get enhancements or something? It is a big deal at all and not a crticism. Just wondering as I’ve been out of the marvel scene for a while. This looks great though.
He’s just supposed to be peak human fitness isn’t he? It’s nothing you don’t see in non supe movies really.

But he’s not enhanced in the show or anything that happens before this.

Last edited:

AJUMP23

Parody of actual AJUMP23
Red Hulk is red.

Looks alright. what section of the MCU are we in? I don't know phase 7 or something.

Toons

"You may be Captain America, but you're not Steve Rogers." You're goddamn right about that. Big shoes to fill.

Sam is my Cap. I've loved this direction since it happened in the comics. Loves FATWS. Cannot wait for this, and seeing it day one. I dont even care if it makes money. I just care if it's good

K' Dash

I'm not sold on Mackie as a lead, if they wanted to go this route they should have cast someone with more presence....

Red Hulk vs a normal dude with wings. Lmao. Sorry but to me Mackey just aint a leading role man and has 0 charisma. Give me Will Smith not some goofy ass dude.

Dr. Claus

Banned
Looks interesting. Winter soldier and falcon really soured me on the character with its hamfisted slackticism instead of telling a good narrative. Here’s to hoping they don’t repeat that.

kruis

Exposing the sinister cartel of retailers who allow companies to pay for advertising space.
That was a surprisingly solid trailer. I didn't really like the TV series with The Falcon and the Winter Soldier and the theatrical Marvel movies have been crap for a long time, I hope this is a return to form.

Vyse

Gold Member
Looks great. Looks like they are going the Winter Soldier political thriller direction. Will be interesting to see how a non-enhanced human could take on a Hulk.

Top Bottom