• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Cardboard cutout of ‘Most Interesting Man’ fails as carpool-lane ruse

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dalek

Cardboard cutout of ‘Most Interesting Man’ fails as carpool-lane ruse

FIFE, Wash. (AP) — A Washington State Patrol trooper says it’s by far the best carpool scam he’s seen, but it didn’t work.

As KOMO-TV put it, “Troopers don’t always stop people in the HOV lanes, but when they do, they prefer ‘dos’ passengers.”

A motorcycle trooper parked along Interstate 5 near Tacoma on Monday afternoon spotted a driver and a rather unusual “passenger” pass by him in the carpool lane. When the trooper stopped the car, he discovered the “passenger” was a cardboard cutout of the actor who portrays “The Most Interesting Man in the World” in Dos Equis beer ads.

The driver’s response? “He’s my best friend.”

The Most Interesting Man was not confiscated, but the driver was told not to use him again.

Channeling the cardboard cutout, the State Patrol tweeted: “I don’t always violate the HOV lane law … but when I do, I get a $124 ticket.”

CA4xQJ1W4AAsfW2.jpg

Stinkles

Clothed, sober, cooperative
The dude who got caught ain't even mad. I did this once with a scale model of a bald Marine that WETA made. I didn't get caught tho. I was pretty sad.

JMDSO

Unconfirmed Member
They need more HOV enforcement here in the DFW area. Way too many people slowing up traffic to jump out of the HOV lane they weren't even supposed to be in.

Stinkles

The dude who got caught ain't even mad. I did this once with a scale model of a bald Marine that WETA made. I didn't get caught tho. I was pretty sad.

Oh shit I found a picture.

I don't always violate the carpool lane, but when I do, it's with a mildly convincing tiny version of myself in fatigues.

de8Vd00.jpg

Palmer_v1

I don't always violate the carpool lane, but when I do, it's with a mildly convincing tiny version of myself in fatigues.

de8Vd00.jpg

This is like horror movie shit. You pull alongside someone and just stare at them, then the doll slowly turns to stare as well.

NOPE.

Edit: Someone with talent edit this into that gif of 50 cent driving away with Burt in the backseat.

Using a cardboard cut out is an absolutely terrible idea, light is just going to reflect off the flat surface and it is going to make it look so obvious.

de8Vd00.jpg

Oh god. I'm dying. This could almost work too if he gave the dummy a hat or something.

Stinkles

Using a cardboard cut out is an absolutely terrible idea, light is just going to reflect off the flat surface and it is going to make it look so obvious.

Oh god. I'm dying. This could almost work too if he gave the dummy a hat or something.

It did work.

Dalek

de8Vd00.jpg

Oh man...this is so freaking funny. By the way-that's a nice jacket-where'd you get that.

JDSN

Banned

de8Vd00.jpg

As if someone is gonna want to stop one of those Serbian henchmen that always try to kill Liam Nesson in his movies.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom