• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Carl's Jr testing Pepperoni Pizza Fries in Anaheim

Status
Not open for further replies.

XiaNaphryz

LATIN, MATRIPEDICABUS, DO YOU SPEAK IT
http://www.foodbeast.com/news/cj-pizzafries/

The fries appeared to be made with pizza sauce, mozzarella cheese and topped with pepperoni, they were served in the standard chili cheese boxes from Carl's. The Pepperoni Pizza Fries much tasted exactly how they sound, and it wasn't bad. Nothing crazy, but not bad.

Not sure how many other Carl's Jr. locations are currently testing these, or if they'll even make it to the main menu. If you're in the Anaheim area, the test site is located at 1189 S. State College Blvd. A box of Pizza Fries should run you about $2.39 without including tax.

X5qyhLb.jpg

7brk5py.jpg

GGmBKvR.jpg

I thought they'd be a little more creative than just throwing a pile of pepperoni on top of fries. Like actually integrating it or something.

dontknowwhatiexpected.gif

SolVanderlyn

Thanos acquires the fully powered Infinity Gauntlet in The Avengers: Infinity War, but loses when all the superheroes team up together to stop him.

entremet

Jesus that is lazy!

At least cut up the pepperoni so it's like bits with the cheese and fries mixed in.

G-Fex

The El Diablo is a delicious burger but in no way SPICY or HOT.

I'd eat those pepperoni fries oh baby

The El Diablo is a delicious burger but in no way SPICY or HOT.

I'd eat those pepperoni fries oh baby

I thought it had decent heat, or rather, it had much better heat than any myriad of ghost pepper, habanero, jalapeño fast food gimmick burgers that I've had to date, although, like all things, it comes down to who prepared it, and how, since most of the heat would be in the jalapeños they used, and pickled fast food jalapeños either have a decent kick or are completely worthless

G-Fex

I have to admit it's a great step.

Jalapeno poppers on the menu is fantastic

Jalapeno poppers on a BURGER? That's genius.

It worked for Wienerschnitzel, it works for Carls jr.

Timedog

good credit (by proxy)
That makes zero sense. Cut up the fucking pepperoni you fucking lazy idiots.

Hollering 187 with my dick in your mouth, Carl's Jr.

I have to admit it's a great step.

Jalapeno poppers on the menu is fantastic

Jalapeno poppers on a BURGER? That's genius.

It worked for Wienerschnitzel, it works for Carls jr.

It kinda seemed completely obvious since they've been rockin the onion rings on the Western for like... forever now. I wanna say that Jack in the Box beat them to the punch with their Hell-a-peno burger, but that thing was total garbage both taste-wise and in terms of heat

Jaymageck

I'm usually impressed by interesting fast food mashups, but this just doesn't work to me. It's like someone was high and decided they wanted a meat poutine dish, but had to improvise and make a really shitty version out of what they had in the fridge.

XiaNaphryz

LATIN, MATRIPEDICABUS, DO YOU SPEAK IT
I'm usually impressed by interesting fast food mashups, but this just doesn't work to me. It's like someone was high and decided they wanted a meat poutine dish, but had to improvise and make a really shitty version out of what they had in the fridge.

Pfffft, this is California. Carne asada fries are the reference point, which are superior to poutine.

PAULINK

I microwave steaks.
if it's anything like their chili cheese fries, pass. They're not half assed, it's like quarter assed.

G-Fex

It kinda seemed completely obvious since they've been rockin the onion rings on the Western for like... forever now. I wanna say that Jack in the Box beat them to the punch with their Hell-a-peno burger, but that thing was total garbage both taste-wise and in terms of heat

That figures, Jack in the box EASILY botches stuff like this. Too bad too cause their poppers are good, but most of the time over-greasy.

LOVE that gif Sanjuro

That looks like something you'd make when you are either broke or drunk (or both). Fuckin Carls Jr. selling struggle food now? You were supposed to be better than this!

- J - D -

That looks like something you'd make when you are either broke or drunk (or both). Fuckin Carls Jr. selling struggle food now? You were supposed to be better than this!

Broke people make french fries?

Real broke food is like a slice of cheese rolled up in a tortilla, which is something Taco Bell will happily sell you.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom