• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Castle of Shikigami 2 pushed back. :(

AniHawk

Wondering if anyone knows, since this Castle of Shikigami 2 game made me remember the games, but does anyone know what happened to Far East of Eden II remake and Far East of Eden III?

jarrod

Banned
Tengai Mayko II released on GC/PS2 in 2003, Tengai Makyo III though dropped offf release lists... it's assumed the GC version was canceled and the PS2 version massively delayed (though Konami's rumored to be bringing it to America sometime in 2005). Tengai Makyo was also announced for PSP and Nintendo DS, but we've no idea what either game will be so far...

shoplifter

jarrod said:
Now the XBox version is in jeopardy too... XS isn't sure if they'll bother after all. :/

"Hey guys, let's cancel the good versions!!"

"YEAH!! While we're at it, let's just call it Mobile Light Force 3!!"

Mejilan

Running off of Custom Firmware
Are these games any good? The first two came out in America on the PSOne and PS2/GCN, right?

cvxfreak

swoon said:
hopefully this means that it's not going to be a godawful port like the first one.

The GC and Xbox ones are very good in comparison to the arcade ones, but not the PS2 version.

Kumiko Nikaido

Vindication...sweet.
jarrod said:
Now the XBox version is in jeopardy too... XS isn't sure if they'll bother after all. :/

A shame since the Xbox version is the closest, presentation-wise, to the import Dreamcast version.

shoplifter said:
"Hey guys, let's cancel the good versions!!"

"YEAH!! While we're at it, let's just call it Mobile Light Force 3!!"

"And emblazon the cover art with Charlie's Angels!"

swoon said:
hopefully this means that it's not going to be a godawful port like the first one.

The PS2/GC/DC/Xbox versions were already released in Japan. The DC and Xbox ones are tops.

cvxfreak

Kumiko, the GC one isn't that close either? When Famitsu reviewed the PS2 game, they said the GC one was the version gamers should buy...

Kumiko Nikaido

Vindication...sweet.
CVXFREAK said:
Kumiko, the GC one isn't that close either? When Famitsu reviewed the PS2 game, they said the GC one was the version gamers should buy...

The PS2 and GC versions came out first. The Dreamcast, then Xbox versions followed. The PS2 and GC versions, while ok, aren't as good as the DC and Xbox ones. The Xbox version closely mimics the DC version, in terms of framerate, image quality, and I think modes of play.

AniHawk

Kumiko Nikaido said:
The PS2 and GC versions came out first. The Dreamcast, then Xbox versions followed. The PS2 and GC versions, while ok, aren't as good as the DC and Xbox ones. The Xbox version closely mimics the DC version, in terms of framerate, image quality, and I think modes of play.

They should bring the DC version over.

You know, just to screw with the casuals.

aku:jiki

CVXFREAK said:
The GC and Xbox ones are very good in comparison to the arcade ones, but not the PS2 version.
Correct.

Specifically, the PS2 version has framerate chops. Totally and completely killed it for me. Can't score high if I'm gonna suddenly die without doing anything wrong! :(

Top Bottom