• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Castle |OT| It is okay to have a man-crush on Nathan Fillion

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
Knowing that they hate each other and this is clearly why they are splitting up the characters sucks. I hate the internet age.

Also, yo Alexis... i dont even like blondes but my god woman o_O

I believe there were rumors that Nathan didn't like how Beckett-centric the show had become, so if those were true, then it may be a way to appease him in that regard.

I read that Nathan didn't like that she has wanted to leave the show for years and despite production issues enjoys doing the show himself alot.

Which is understandable from him, he actually got a very successful gig.
Ride it till the end.

That was pure gossip, he even adressed this rumor implicit on Twitter :D

Rumors are rumors. Some true, some not. I was simply stating what the rumor was.

I read that Nathan didn't like that she has wanted to leave the show for years and despite production issues enjoys doing the show himself alot.

Which is understandable from him, he actually got a very successful gig.
Ride it till the end.

I have no clue what the actual issue is or might be.

Morrigan Stark

Arrogant Smirk
The actors can't stand being in a room with each other.
Has this been confirmed? I guess the latest episode hints towards that even more. Must be the first time Beckett wasn't in an episode at all, damn.

Wasn't expecting Adam Baldwin to show up either. The whole time, I kept thinking that the actor is a much bigger asshole than his character is. xD

Joni

Has this been confirmed? I guess the latest episode hints towards that even more. Must be the first time Beckett wasn't in an episode at all, damn.

Wasn't expecting Adam Baldwin to show up either. The whole time, I kept thinking that the actor is a much bigger asshole than his character is. xD
She was in Milan.

Zomba13

So watching the latest episode now and I still don't understand why Castle has a magic talking pyramid. Like, why? Why not have another human character? Why not Haley? Why a magic talking pyramid?

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
So watching the latest episode now and I still don't understand why Castle has a magic talking pyramid. Like, why? Why not have another human character? Why not Haley? Why a magic talking pyramid?

Because Castle is exactly the kind of dude that would have one of those things.

Lenardo

Banned
the rumor that they cannot stand each other has been around - forever- with no real substance to it.

i'm not liking the beckett split arc and am glad they resolved it.

the split was idiotic, i mean everyone with a computer looking up beckett would know about castle (see the episode -painting one- where the guy broke into castles house to force beckett to give up the painting) so keeping apart would in no shape or form keep him "safe"

ratings are so so- but with the way all shows are going, it COULD stick around.

Ivy, who works in Hollywood, has stated several times that they can't stand each other, so it seems to at least be considered true in the industry.

He has said he heard things. That's about it. We also shouldn't source him so much with these kinds of rumors.

They also spend a lot of time not being together this season, even in scenes with both their characters.

eh.. it's not something I've really noticed.

In any case.. just caught up on the last two aired episodes and I enjoyed them both.

Zomba13

the rumor that they cannot stand each other has been around - forever- with no real substance to it.

i'm not liking the beckett split arc and am glad they resolved it.

the split was idiotic, i mean everyone with a computer looking up beckett would know about castle (see the episode -painting one- where the guy broke into castles house to force beckett to give up the painting) so keeping apart would in no shape or form keep him "safe"

ratings are so so- but with the way all shows are going, it COULD stick around.

The split thing is sooooooooooo stupid. They even address how stupid it is when Castle says it's stupid and that if she wanted to protect him they could still do the split thing but work together in secret. Like, they "split" but even then it's only close friends/family that know about it and everyone else thinks they are still together! Publicly they are still a couple to anyone that wanted to get to Beckett through a loved one would still assume that they were together and go after him. PLUS she was still working as Captain in a public capacity so if she was found out she would be a fairly easy target even if she just went underground the moment they found out.

Plus the whole split thing made Castle buy the stupid talking magic pyramid which I just can't be ok with. An AI that can control shit around the house and know things and is publicly available to buy and somehow only in Castles apartment and not being hooked up to the police databases to solve crimes? I can look past a lot of techno bable shit and videogame minigame hacking and enhancing but my brian just can't be ok with this guy having seemingly the only AI in the world that he bought from the internet and it not being used to solve crimes. It'd be like if he was the only person with a smart phone.

The split thing is sooooooooooo stupid. They even address how stupid it is when Castle says it's stupid and that if she wanted to protect him they could still do the split thing but work together in secret. Like, they "split" but even then it's only close friends/family that know about it and everyone else thinks they are still together! Publicly they are still a couple to anyone that wanted to get to Beckett through a loved one would still assume that they were together and go after him. PLUS she was still working as Captain in a public capacity so if she was found out she would be a fairly easy target even if she just went underground the moment they found out.

Plus the whole split thing made Castle buy the stupid talking magic pyramid which I just can't be ok with. An AI that can control shit around the house and know things and is publicly available to buy and somehow only in Castles apartment and not being hooked up to the police databases to solve crimes? I can look past a lot of techno bable shit and videogame minigame hacking and enhancing but my brian just can't be ok with this guy having seemingly the only AI in the world that he bought from the internet and it not being used to solve crimes. It'd be like if he was the only person with a smart phone.

Dude.. it's just their spoof of the Amazon Echo.

Volimar

Two spinoffs.

Kill off Becket and send Castle and Alexis to LA as private detectives.

Espo, Ryan and Laney ride the crime procedural sinking ship for a couple more seasons.

Mostly I just want more Alexis. >.>

Sloane

Banned
Why not just do an Espo/Ryan spin-off? They transfer and Becket runs for office which takes her and Castle out of the picture, boom spin off.
Because nobody cares about those bland-ass characters. If they really want the show to continue for some reason, let Katic quit, introduce a new partner for Fillion and, boom, suddenly your two lead actors can shoot scenes together again.

Joni

Because nobody cares about those bland-ass characters. If they really want the show to continue for some reason, let Katic quit, introduce a new partner for Fillion and, boom, suddenly your two lead actors can shoot scenes together again.
I really feel that is why they have that black British detective woman.

Sloane

Banned
I really feel that is why they have that black British detective woman.
Yeah, I guess so, although if that's the plan, they've done a pretty mediocre job with it. Almost feels like it's more directed at Katic than at the audience: "Look, we could replace you if we wanted to! Maybe just not with that character..."

Joni

Yeah, I guess so, although if that's the plan, they've done a pretty mediocre job with it. Almost feels like it's more directed at Katic than at the audience: "Look, we could replace you if we wanted to! Maybe just not with that character..."

It might have been practical too, she might have been hired for the case Stana didn't sign on again.

Savitar

If the show loses either of it's two leads I say it's time to close up shop. The point of the show was to see them come together and if in the end that has to go, let the show go. It's been a good many years and it's had a good run.

If they can do a spin off go for it.

But we've seen too often how shows get that lose main leads.

jrush64

Banned
First of all Ryan and Espo rule! Boo you. But yeah, if Stana leaves, I think It's time to end the show. I just don't see how it can work without her.

Gothos

First of all Ryan and Espo rule! Boo you. But yeah, if Stana leaves, I think It's time to end the show. I just don't see how it can work without her.

I can totally see it work I just wonder what would be their explanation for her leaving the show in terms of story. To be honest, Becket is the worst and the most boring character on the show now. I won't miss her at all.

Dec

They are back together now? New promo seems like they almost worked shit out but I haven't watched since episode 2.

I can barely remember anything that happened this season. Time to put this show to bed.

I watched a couple of episodes, but then stopped. I have too many other shows I watch and needed room on the DVR. So now this is just a "if it is on and nothing else is, I will watch it" show.

Zafir

I can barely remember anything that happened this season. Time to put this show to bed.

I think this season has been better than the last.

But, that says more about the last season than this one. :/

I think they should just end Castle at this point, personally.

Morrigan Stark

Arrogant Smirk
Nick Tarabay made this a fantastic episode.
Yeah he was pretty entertaining.

I found it comical that they suggested the dude would only get sent to some Siberian outpost as punishment. As if "Russian justice" wouldn't simply have the guy killed, lol. Gotta keep it PG-13 I guess.

There's a Castle OT! Ah!

I just started S4. How long before I have to X-Files this and drop it while it jumps the shark, because I've been enjoying it a lot so far.

ryan299

Stana has left the show.

Leading lady Stana Katic and fellow original star Tamala Jones are exiting the ABC procedural, The Hollywood Reporter has confirmed. Meanwhile, the network and producers ABC Studios are in talks with lead Nathan Fillion to return for a potential ninth final season.

Sources tell THR that the actress, who negotiated a last-minute return for season eight, has been unhappy on the series and has had repeated clashes with lead Fillion.That led producers to
split up the on-screen couple this season — drawing the ire of dedicated fans who had been waiting eight years for the couple to marry.

THR

jrush64

Banned
Not surprised to be honest. This has been the weakest season so far with just a couple of stand out episodes.

I'm actually sadder that Laney is going though.

Top Bottom