• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Castle |OT| It is okay to have a man-crush on Nathan Fillion

Morrigan Stark

Arrogant Smirk
Yeah that shitty singer promotional skit was cringe-worthy and embarrassing as hell. Basically product placement in the most obnoxious way.

Pretty mediocre episode overall, too.

Lenardo

Banned
we find out next wed for renewal or not.

nathan has signed a new contract.

reports are that stana is close to signing, so that = seasons 8+

rumors are also that abc will be renewing it anyway....

Joni

The Carly Rae Jepsen song was the only thing I liked about the episode. It was a boring case of the week, Saturday Night Tonight just sounds wrong. They could have named it Saturday Night Laughs instead of repeating the time it airs another time in the name.

Moozo

Next season better be the last one. I'm getting to the point where I'm not really enjoying anything outside of the main story arc any more and I'd like to end it before I'm totally sick of it.

Lenardo

Banned
ok officially renewed for season 8

stana still not signed but negotiations are close according to sources...

amann out as show runner

alexi hawley (writer/producer seasons 2-4)
and
terrance paul winters

are the new co show runners

I very much doubt they would make an entire season without Stana. I'd be curious what the show would be like if that was the case though. It couldn't be worse than the current season. :/

Zomba13

Next season better be the last one. I'm getting to the point where I'm not really enjoying anything outside of the main story arc any more and I'd like to end it before I'm totally sick of it.

Yeah. I'm at the point now where I have it as a more background noise thing than something I actively watch unless it's a "main story" episode or a goofy themed episode (like the western one) or a "serious" one like that one with Ryan being a body guard and the girl was killed.

I would prefer if they went out with a bang by doing a movie. Just have it be crazy with the stakes being super-high, like those two parters from earlier seasons. The one about the assassination of the chinese little girl was fantastic. I'd like a movie to have stakes even higher. Just get Castle to diffuse a nuclear bomb in space or some dumb shit like that.

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
I would prefer if they went out with a bang by doing a movie. Just have it be crazy with the stakes being super-high, like those two parters from earlier seasons. The one about the assassination of the chinese little girl was fantastic. I'd like a movie to have stakes even higher. Just get Castle to diffuse a nuclear bomb in space or some dumb shit like that.

I never knew this is what I wanted until this exact moment.

I very much doubt they would make an entire season without Stana. I'd be curious what the show would be like if that was the case though. It couldn't be worse than the current season. :/

She'd die and the last season would be PI Castle plus Ryan/Espo trying to find her killer. It would drop the fun vibe and take on the style of a dramatic thriller.

Maybe it would do well... maybe it wouldn't. But it would conceptually work and would be the last season.

She'd die and the last season would be PI Castle plus Ryan/Espo trying to find her killer. It would drop the fun vibe and take on the style of a dramatic thriller.

Maybe it would do well... maybe it wouldn't. But it would conceptually work and would be the last season.

That would be rad, but to work, the writers would have to fully commit to changing the structure and feel of the show. Completely transform it, that is.

jvm

Gamasutra.
Good episode tonight.

Also, sure looked like they were setting up a series finale, in case negotiations broke down.

Frankly, I'd've been happy if they'd just stopped tonight. Good high note to end on!

RangersFan

That episode was pretty damn good. Thought the flashback being the reason he became a writer would be cheesy but I ended up digging the whole creepy serial killer origins.

Volimar

Best episode in a long time. Kind of wish they had stretched that into a two parter given the significance to Castle. That sappy speech made me think something horrible was going to happen. And yeah that'd have made a great series finale.

rakhir

Any episode in particular?
20 episode of this season, "Sleeper"
"Castle's dreams are permeated with moments from when he was missing. With the help of his friends at the 12th, Castle attempts to follow up on some new leads regarding his disappearance."

spoiler
he had to help some old friend, it's pretty trivial tbh

Lenardo

Banned
btw.

Stana Signed her new contract with ABC so both Lead Actors are signed to new deals

no word yet on the rest of the Cast...

they could have done more with last night's episode, but i liked it.
cliffhanger...Castle shoots the psychologist/serial killer.... flash to a scene in the woods with someone ELSE in black and a slightly different mask...

as for beckett's "what am i going to do" quandry....

in my opinion of watching her character - especially the start of season 6..
a political future for her would be improbable, she is more white/black, politics is NEVER that all shades of grey, plus, she would get crucified if she ran, even though she is a good person, her past would haunt her.

married for 16years and didn't know it- what an "airhead"
lied on her taxes for 16 years (she filed single, not married filing separately- they have different status)
lied on all her job applications
got fired from the fbi
was accused of murder
her ex husband was a criminal
got suspended from her job

etc etc etc...

Katic returns and ABC Entertainment Group president Paul Lee says season eight will not be its last.

During a conference call with reporters Tuesday, ABC Entertainment Group president Paul Lee declined to provide an episode count for Castle's eighth season and reiterated that season eight would not be its last. He said both Grey's Anatomy and Castle are "vibrant brands" with "passionate audiences" and would like to see them run for "many years to come."

Seems like it's not ending any time soon, really.

Lenardo

Banned
well

amann is 100% gone from the show now- writer and this past seasons co-showrunner
marlowe and his wife teri are 100% gone from the show now- both writers and marlow has been the solo show runner since season 4 and coran the show- called the story lines for season 7 with amann

dana creasy is out as a writer and i think at least 1-2 others are gone as well.

terrance paul winters- writer for the show since season 2
and alexi hawley- writer/poducer for the show seasons 2-4

are now show runners. they have written alot of the better episodes of the show, now they have to "plan" season 8 out and improve story lines/scripts and get some more writers on board. imo they should get a few of the writers from forever.

better scripts= better stories=better show.

imo the show has declined because of the writing more than anything else.

We got an explanation that was pretty obviously bullshit.

That being said, it was obvious that the Castle is Missing storyline was a last minute plotline.

Although that that explanation doesn't cover a lot of things. For example why castle asked for his memory to be erased and what happened to him for two entire months as the OP he managed to remember took a couple of weeks at worst. Also being a sanctioned operation from the secret services why was he found in a boat in the middle of nowhere? At the end of the episode the character themselves noticed a lot of the questions were unanswered but decided to not worry too much about it.

I hope they'll explain everything by the end of the series instead of dropping it

Lenardo

Banned
the castle missing thing imo was a wasted opportunity- once it HAPPENED- i thought the missed wedding for 6x23 was a fiasco, stupid story line for the episode, completely unrealistic in any sense....

but once that happened, the show runner did crap WITH the story...

no explanation as to why castle dropped the cash for the car
why memory erased,
why it took 3 months

etc etc.

update today abc released their order for the season- full 22 episode season this year.

Joni

Would a permanent Castle-Beckett break-up be possible? TVLine has a blind item about an aging one-hour drama that wants to permanently split up its core couple early next fall. Castle seems like a nice fit for that description.

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
Would a permanent Castle-Beckett break-up be possible? TVLine has a blind item about an aging one-hour drama that wants to permanently split up its core couple early next fall. Castle seems like a nice fit for that description.

It's gonna be Bones. It just fits better.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
You guys just blew my mind pointing out the tech girl is agent 33

Joni

It's gonna be Bones. It just fits better.

Only Bones people have said they will be having a blissfull relationship, while Castle is adding an important female character that will spend a lot of time with Castle, the new showrunner has said she wants to shake things up and there was a rumour Beckett wouldn't be in the first episode at all. So it could be Bones, but there is a lot of smoke at Castle.

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
Only Bones people have said they will be having a blissfull relationship, while Castle is adding an important female character that will spend a lot of time with Castle, the new showrunner has said she wants to shake things up and there was a rumour Beckett wouldn't be in the first episode at all. So it could be Bones, but there is a lot of smoke at Castle.

The fan base would revolt if they broke up. Honestly I'd probably be out myself at that point.

rakhir

It will be fun to see how... out of shape Fillion will be in the new series. I'm really surprised they didn't force him to get slimmer.

Top Bottom