• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Castlevania DS at TGS this weekend?

Alucard

Banned
I really hope so. Konami hasn't listed it as one of their titles, but I'm still really psyched and hoping that they say something about this. Heck, any CV news would make me happy.

I <3 you, Castlevania.

SantaC

Alucard said:
I really hope so. Konami hasn't listed it as one of their titles, but I'm still really psyched and hoping that they say something about this. Heck, any CV news would make me happy.

I <3 you, Castlevania.

IAWTP. I heart CV too. But it will only be there as a surprise title, and I doubt it. Why wouldn't they just list it.

Alucard

Banned
If it's going to be another title like Aria of Sorrow, then why not just use the top screen as a map? And you could also touch the screen to switch to a status menu or something, so you know what level you're currently at, how much experience you need to level up, etc. I don't want anything super flashy. As long as the game is as tight as Aria of Sorrow and/or Symphony of the Night, I'll be there with bells on. The only CV title to let me down over the past little while has been Harmony of Dissonance, and even that was a fun game to just pop into your GBA and kill some baddies.

SantaC

Alucard said:
If it's going to be another title like Aria of Sorrow, then why not just use the top screen as a map? And you could also touch the screen to switch to a status menu or something, so you know what level you're currently at, how much experience you need to level up, etc. I don't want anything super flashy. As long as the game is as tight as Aria of Sorrow and/or Symphony of the Night, I'll be there with bells on. The only CV title to let me down over the past little while has been Harmony of Dissonance, and even that was a fun game to just pop into your GBA and kill some baddies.

HoD was definitley the worst of the 3 gba games, but it was still pretty good.

CotM is awesome, and so is AoS.

I really would enjoy a 2D DS version of Castlevania. They could make some great character animations and 3D backgrounds.

jarrod

Banned
A 2D DS Castlevania could rival SotN in terms of presentation and design. Hell, they could even do an enhanced SotN port. Still I wonder if Iga will try making his online Castlevania on DS given it's attractive WiFi component?

Alucard

Banned
SantaCruZer said:
HoD was definitley the worst of the 3 gba games, but it was still pretty good.

CotM is awesome, and so is AoS.

I really would enjoy a 2D DS version of Castlevania. They could make some great character animations and 3D backgrounds.

No doubt. Personally, I even wouldn't mind a remake of SotN. The game was already close to perfect, but they could eliminate all slowdown, possibly create a more organized inventory system, and just keep the music playing when you pause the game. They could also add the extra areas that were put into the Saturn version so those of us who never got to play them could experience them now, and the ability to play as Maria would be a nice bonus as well. Heck, extra bosses or characters would be plenty wicked. Really, I just want more of the good stuff and I'd love to see Alucard back again. :) (Not as Arikado in AoS. Haha.)

SantaC

Alucard said:
No doubt. Personally, I even wouldn't mind a remake of SotN. The game was already close to perfect, but they could eliminate all slowdown, possibly create a more organized inventory system, and just keep the music playing when you pause the game. They could also add the extra areas that were put into the Saturn version so those of us who never got to play them could experience them now, and the ability to play as Maria would be a nice bonus as well. Heck, extra bosses or characters would be plenty wicked. Really, I just want more of the good stuff and I'd love to see Alucard back again. :) (Not as Arikado in AoS. Haha.)

I wouldn't mind a CV2 style game either. With towns and forests.

Alucard said:

Slightly off topic, but the really funny thing about SOTN SS is that the game never slows down while playing as Maria. I have a feeling the team only playtested her and ignored Alucard. :p

Patrick Klepek

furiously molesting tim burton
i'd be really surprised if castlevania DS showed up in anything but teaser video form at TGS. iga was semi-mocking the DS at E3. he may have found a reason to use the dual screens, but i sincerely doubt the development turn around would lend itself to showing much at the upcoming show.

EGM92

Does anyone else have a fear of CV DS turning into a cheap 3D like the N64 versions?... I hope Iga can make sweet version like AoS. I'm dying to play something great on my GBA after that :(

EGM92 said:
Does anyone else have a fear of CV DS turning into a cheap 3D like the N64 versions?... I hope Iga can make sweet version like AoS. I'm dying to play something great on my GBA after that :(
Seeing as the DS has the 2D power of the GBA, if not moreso than I'm expecting the next one to be 2D. I hope.

TheGreenGiant said:
wtf. try kazaa or prostitution

ps you should buy it. Its worth every single cent

I've wanted to buy it for a long time now, but they don't sell original GBA games where I live so my only option is to order it online, and the game has been out of stock everywhere since forever, damn Konami and their policy of stopping production of their games after a short while.

Ranger X

bleh! Please no great 2D Castlevania on the DS right now. I didn't plan to buy a DS this year. (and hopefully i will never)

Alucard

Banned
Wyzdom said:
bleh! Please no great 2D Castlevania on the DS right now. I didn't plan to buy a DS this year. (and hopefully i will never)

Yeah, that's the position I'm in too. At this point, a great Castlevania game is the only thing that will make me purchase a DS.

Top Bottom