• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Casual Madden PS4 league openings

1 team to go. I found out the glitch may be fixed so there's a chance we can start the league this weekend. I wanna pm everyone on the team list to give them an update later tonight and then we will get things started from there. We are almost set to go folks.

So we are about full.... I don't remember which owner it is. But one of you guys said you would be going on Vacation. I wanna make sure I don't exclude you in case we start this weekend so please reply here or pm me. My mind is mush. Doing this shit at work is taxing LOL!!

WE ARE FULL FOLKS!!! I'll update you guys on the start of the league later. I wanna pm everyone tonight and make sure things are set before we start. I'm excited to take a beating or two in football...

TriniTrin

war of titties grampa
So we are about full.... I don't remember which owner it is. But one of you guys said you would be going on Vacation. I wanna make sure I don't exclude you in case we start this weekend so please reply here or pm me. My mind is mush. Doing this shit at work is taxing LOL!!

It was CaliBlue15 that said they would be gone sept 18-25

I know we are all anxious so I am thinking we possibly start tomorrow evening. Unless you guys wanna wait for the roster update. I will set the league up and get everyone to join before we officially kick off. I still gotta form the trade committee as well. I need two people to help me. But I will work that out later tonight I hope

hlhbk

I know we are all anxious so I am thinking we possibly start tomorrow evening. Unless you guys wanna wait for the roster update. I will set the league up and get everyone to join before we officially kick off. I still gotta form the trade committee as well. I need two people to help me. But I will work that out later tonight I hope

Yeah if everyone is ok with it lets do it tomorrow evening. I will be a part of the trade committee if you need someone.

TriniTrin

war of titties grampa
I mentioned this in the groupme thing but I think it would be cool to have highlights from everyone's game and every month we can put them together into a sort of Highlight Show for the league! I am unsure if they have the highlights when playing online franchise like they do with offline but if not I am sure we can figure something out if the league wants to do this!

abrack08

In the comments of this update about the glitch...

Richuation said:
dkp23 said:
New issue Desyncs, desyncs in CFM. Gave up, created game outside of CFM and can play against the same person without desync.

Correct... our league cannot get a game through the first quarter. desync every time. No custom playbooks or anything funky. Just stock teams with latest rosters. We can not get even 5 mins into a game.

Looks like the "fix" now makes people lose connection to each other a few minutes into the game. Again sounds like it's only effecting user v user CCM mode games. Hopefully not wide-spread

TriniTrin

war of titties grampa
I was thinking for Free Agents that it would be good to have a draft order for the first set of FA pick ups. That way the first round everyone gets a pick and then its a free for all. I was not sure how you wanted to do the "draft" for the FA's but I took the initiative and went to draftpicklottery.com. I filled the team names into the fields in the order listed on the front page of this thread but the results should be completely random. That said, here were the results when I ran it, let me know if you guys think we should do this!

1t7vGo.png

gLxJGe.png

hlhbk

I was thinking for Free Agents that it would be good to have a draft order for the first set of FA pick ups. That way the first round everyone gets a pick and then its a free for all. I was not sure how you wanted to do the "draft" for the FA's but I took the initiative and went to draftpicklottery.com. I filled the team names into the fields in the order listed on the front page of this thread but the results should be completely random. That said, here were the results when I ran it, let me know if you guys think we should do this!

We could do it this way. Or since we aren't doing a fantasy draft we could do it by team ratings so the people playing with the worst teams in the game get the much needed help we need to stay competitive.

What does the rest of the league think?

TriniTrin

war of titties grampa
We could do it this way. Or since we aren't doing a fantasy draft we could do it by team ratings so the people playing with the worst teams in the game get the much needed help we need to stay competitive.

What does the rest of the league think?

That is another great idea! Actually that is probably better for competitive reasons but how would that look and which ratings should we use? Base rosters or one of the updates? I also wonder if there are any teams that have the same rating. Hmmmmm, I shall investigate further tonight!

hlhbk

That is another great idea! Actually that is probably better for competitive reasons but how would that look and which ratings should we use? Base rosters or one of the updates? I also wonder if there are any teams that have the same rating. Hmmmmm, I shall investigate further tonight!

I have never played in a connected online league before, but if it's anything like the offline league you go with the rosters you have when you start. When the roster updates come out they are not applied to the teams in the online league. If I am wrong on this someone please correct me.

Team ratings from http://bleacherreport.com/articles/...ews-nfl-player-comments-team-ratings-and-more

Seattle Seahawks 91

Denver Broncos 90

San Francisco 49ers 90

New England Patriots 88

Green Bay Packers 88

Cincinnati Bengals 86

Philadelphia Eagles 85

New Orleans Saints 85

Carolina Panthers 84

Baltimore Ravens 84

Chicago Bears 84

San Diego Chargers 83

Indianapolis Colts 83

Kansas City Chiefs 82

Dallas Cowboys 81

Arizona Cardinals 80

Detroit Lions 80

Atlanta Falcons 79

Miami Dolphins 79

New York Jets 78

Pittsburgh Steelers 78

St. Louis Rams 77

Tampa Bay Buccaneers 77

Minnesota Vikings 76

Houston Texans 76

New York Giants 76

Washington 75

Cleveland Browns 75

Buffalo Bills 75

Tennessee Titans 74

Jacksonville Jaguars 73

Oakland Raiders 72

The problem with using ratings to determine this is that there are some solid owners that took weak teams. It works out better for them. I like the random list idea better personally.

Fixed1979

I sent out a bunch of friend request, but got lazy near the end...also kkthedestroyer is listed in the OP but it's actually KK_the_Destroyer. Found him on Swans list.

hlhbk

The problem with using ratings to determine this is that there are some solid owners that took weak teams. It works out better for them. I like the random list idea better personally.

The ratings are much more important this year. It's much harder to win with a low ranked team regardless of your skill at the game.

Regardless you are the league owner. If we all decide that we want random I am good with it. Are we still looking at starting tomorrow?

The ratings are much more important this year. It's much harder to win with a low ranked team regardless of your skill at the game.

Regardless you are the league owner. If we all decide that we want random I am good with it. Are we still looking at starting tomorrow?

I disagree... don't be surprised of some of the owners with lower ranked teams become division leaders. Hopefully we can get everyone on here to express their opinion on the matter so we can come to an easy solution.

ShaneB

Just a quick question, why 7 minute quarters? I've been so use to playing 5 minute quarters in 08 on PC, even the jump to 6 minutes seemed wacky to me. I assume Accelerated clock on is standard in that case?

Just a quick question, why 7 minute quarters? I've been so use to playing 5 minute quarters in 08 on PC, even the jump to 6 minutes seemed wacky to me. I assume Accelerated clock on is standard in that case?

You are right Shane. It will be on par with 5 min qtrs from previous maddens. We want realistic stats which is why it's on 7 min qtrs

Can all the members that have signed up please turn off in your settings Fill Roster, Re-Sign Players, Progress Players and Sign Offseason Free Agents. and people whom haven't signed up yet please do this once you join. Thanks

hlhbk

I signed up and set my team as ready to go. In the spirit of getting things moving lets just do free agency by random order. One question why did it show 6 minute quarters? Hopefully we can get everyone to join by the end of today!

I signed up and set my team as ready to go. In the spirit of getting things moving lets just do free agency by random order. One question why did it show 6 minute quarters? Hopefully we can get everyone to join by the end of today!

I didn't notice it was 6 minute quarters. I'll adjust it before we start week 1

I thought more members would've signed up by now. Hopefully we can start tonight..... hopefully.. I've messaged a few without any response. Maybe if you guys know a few you can give them a "gentle nudge" to hurry up and join the league.

I'm still at work, and might be until late tonight, my apologies if that will hold up the start of things :(
You're the least of our worries. We only got 13 dudes signed up at the moment. I am worried some of the others whom haven't been keeping up will not join tonight nor tomorrow let alone read the league rules.

ShaneB

You're the least of our worries. We only got 13 dudes signed up at the moment. I am worried some of the others whom haven't been keeping up will not join tonight nor tomorrow let alone read the league rules.

Ah ok.

Also, any rules on streaming games? Basically just a matter of asking the opponent if they want the games streamed? My biggest enjoyment out of playing in my league on Madden 08 PC was finally getting around to streaming the games and letting folks watch in and seeing the league expand that way.

Perhaps I'm just out of touch and new Maddens would have those sort of things integrated in the league anyway. :p

Fixed1979

I don't know how many Canucks we have signed up, but it's a long weekend up here so some people just might be around.

Top Bottom