• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Casual Madden PS4 league openings

Ah ok.

Also, any rules on streaming games? Basically just a matter of asking the opponent if they want the games streamed? My biggest enjoyment out of playing in my league on Madden 08 PC was finally getting around to streaming the games and letting folks watch in and seeing the league expand that way.

Perhaps I'm just out of touch and new Maddens would have those sort of things integrated in the league anyway. :p
Honestly stream if you feel like streaming. I plan on streaming pretty much all my games. I encourage it.

I might be looking to fill some spots of people whom haven't responded or have been keeping up with what's been going on in the thread. Just a heads up guys.

ShaneB

Honestly stream if you feel like streaming. I plan on streaming pretty much all my games. I encourage it.

Sounds good to me!

Getting set up to join the league now. Had a bit of a surprise in finding out I have to pay to play online here. =/ I'm pretty out of touch with consoles and gaming in general.

edit: All signed up and good to go. Head Coach Mr B will be in for a lot of work it seems! I had a lot of fun in my Madden 08 PC league, but I never did much of the off-field stuff and the commish helped me a lot there, but it's much easier here for me to toy around in the game and see options and it'll help me be more in depth.

Kazoo

I thought more members would've signed up by now. Hopefully we can start tonight..... hopefully.. I've messaged a few without any response. Maybe if you guys know a few you can give them a "gentle nudge" to hurry up and join the league.
Ahh sorry just did an over night shift. I'll sign up today.

ShaneB

Excited to start playing whenever that may be! Kinda annoying I can't just add friends right from the Owners list. =/

hlhbk

I haven't been able to sign up today. What is the updated sign up number? At what point do we move forward?

So guys I plan on starting the season in about an hour or so. We will have the option to play 1 preseason game. If you don't want to play preseason please set your roster to the maximum 53 player limit. This is important. If you fail to do this when we advance the CPU will cut who they feel from your roster to fit the limit and I promise you you'll be disappointed with some of the decisions they've made. YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED LOL!!! I will sim the rest of the preseason and we will start the season beginning Wednesday at 10 pm EST. This gives everyone else a chance to take control of their team and get the ball rolling. I will be replacing MIA owners whom haven't already contacted me soon and replace them with others looking to join the league. If you know anyone who wants to join pm me and I will set them up. Thanks guys...

hlhbk

So guys I plan on starting the season in about an hour or so. We will have the option to play 1 preseason game. If you don't want to play preseason please set your roster to the maximum 53 player limit. This is important. If you fail to do this when we advance the CPU will cut who they feel from your roster to fit the limit and I promise you you'll be disappointed with some of the decisions they've made. YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED LOL!!! I will sim the rest of the preseason and we will start the season beginning Wednesday at 10 pm EST. This gives everyone else a chance to take control of their team and get the ball rolling. I will be replacing MIA owners whom haven't already contacted me soon and replace them with others looking to join the league. If you know anyone who wants to join pm me and I will set them up. Thanks guys...

Is there an app or website to be able to view the league outside of the game?

ShaneB

Sorry for the silly question, but I can go ahead and play my preseason game? No Bengals owner so I guess it's a non issue. Or does it work that way.. Maybe all the preseason is against CPU? Lol

Bacon

I'll be back tomorrow to join the league. Really sorry about being so off the grid, still 100% committed, excited to get started!

TriniTrin

war of titties grampa
I was playing this guy online in MUT head to head season. He was running no huddle non-stop and it was really difficult to stop him on defense. He ended up taking very late lead with a 2-conversion and after a quick return, I had the ball with 17 seconds left on the clock in the 4th quarter. Probably the best comeback I have ever had in Madden! Here is an awesome video I made for it! LOL!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hfea4DUpJTw

I was playing this guy online in MUT head to head season. He was running no huddle non-stop and it was really difficult to stop him on defense. He ended up taking very late lead with a 2-conversion and after a quick return, I had the ball with 17 seconds left on the clock in the 4th quarter. Probably the best comeback I have ever had in Madden! Here is an awesome video I made for it! LOL!

Way to end it with a sack too LOL

blacksnakeball

Neo Member

ok so i am on the EA website for our connected franchise league and I see that I have 69 guys on roster. So i need to cull the scrubs down to 53? is there any strategy other than cutting the worst players? For example, I see that Tyrelle Pryor was cut by my Seahawks yesterday but he is also still in the Madden roster. And I would love to keep him on my roster and would prefer to cut BJ Daniels even though Daniels is higher on depth chart - Pryor has better overall attributes and is also faster. But if i cut Daniels now and then the game updates to reflect Pryor cut will I be screwed and have no backup qb?

Also should I be spending xp points now? The EA website awarded about 5 of my guys with roughly 1000xp each already and I can spend them now - just not sure if we are allowed. Any tips on how to manage xp or any pointers at all regarding connected franchise?

hlhbk

ok so i am on the EA website for our connected franchise league and I see that I have 69 guys on roster. So i need to cull the scrubs down to 53? is there any strategy other than cutting the worst players? For example, I see that Tyrelle Pryor was cut by my Seahawks yesterday but he is also still in the Madden roster. And I would love to keep him on my roster and would prefer to cut BJ Daniels even though Daniels is higher on depth chart - Pryor has better overall attributes and is also faster. But if i cut Daniels now and then the game updates to reflect Pryor cut will I be screwed and have no backup qb?

Also should I be spending xp points now? The EA website awarded about 5 of my guys with roughly 1000xp each already and I can spend them now - just not sure if we are allowed. Any tips on how to manage xp or any pointers at all regarding connected franchise?

The rosters we start with are what we have I believe. The updates won't apply to our league.

ShaneB

I'm no expert, but what I thought when I was looking at the depth chart last night was basically the players you want to keep are the white font, and the players lower on the depth chart/to be cut are greyed out. So you can move around who you want to keep, etc.

blacksnakeball

Neo Member
ok well i was using the EA website andI have 69 players - i plan on culling the lowest rated players. Any idea about spending xp points now? Also should i be holding off and try to build up xp points or spend as I earn. Does xp really affect game play?

Fixed1979

Best song choice ever.

ok well i was using the EA website andI have 69 players - i plan on culling the lowest rated players. Any idea about spending xp points now? Also should i be holding off and try to build up xp points or spend as I earn. Does xp really affect game play?

I can do this shit on their webstite?

Jarate

Banned
Playing MUT online makes me want to commit sodoku

I have the absolute worst luck, so many wide open 3rd down drops, so many times my dbacks just decide like "hey nows a good time to just shit my pants and run like ass on this deep ball" so many dropped interceptions, so many fumbles

Its making me really hate playing online

Also, do people have tips for playing defense. Im somewhat having trouble doing shit.

Playing MUT online makes me want to commit sodoku

I have the absolute worst luck, so many wide open 3rd down drops, so many times my dbacks just decide like "hey nows a good time to just shit my pants and run like ass on this deep ball" so many dropped interceptions, so many fumbles

Its making me really hate playing online

Also, do people have tips for playing defense. Im somewhat having trouble doing shit.
Play Zone. It's pretty OP this madden

Fixed1979

Bah, playing MUT, I was impatient for a punt, hit x, fake punt pass, shit timeout...hit x fake punt pass. no more time outs. turnover on my own 23, and lost by a field goal.

WoolyNinja

Bah, playing MUT, I was impatient for a punt, hit x, fake punt pass, shit timeout...hit x fake punt pass. no more time outs. turnover on my own 23, and lost by a field goal.

I had the EXACT same thing happen today - but I didn't realize I'd done the fake punt and ran the play and was in complete shock when the ball wasn't kicked. So basically faked myself out.

Are there any teams available still? I decided to keep the game just to play once in a while. If there's space then matches vs you guys will be the only time I play.

Top Bottom