• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

CDC concludes Blue Bell Creameries' mandatory recall

Status
Not open for further replies.

highrider

Banned
Always makes me think of the atrocious kitchens on kitchen nightmares, and it's disturbing to see that it scales to any size operation.

Zach

My grandpa is going to be crushed. He lives right down the street from the Blue Bell plant or whatever here in OK and can't get enough of, like, Tin Roof flavor or something? Anyway, I'll have to get him a sympathy card.

zashga

As a one-time Texan, this is heartbreaking. I should probably make sure my parents know about this so they don't buy Bluebell once it makes it back to stores. Bluebell always did a good job projecting the image of a wholesome local business, but... guess not.

Also, the one time I tried Talenti it was a solid brick of ice. I've had good gelato before, but that isn't it.

Still reading through the findings. From Oklahoma:

EvysbV0.png

Yeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeah...I think my famine for the stuff just went permanent.

Anyone else make a Black Walnut ice cream good enough to slap your mamma and not whip it full of air?

jstevenson

Sailor Stevenson
used to like blue bell, but in a world of Jeni's, McConnell's, Salt and Straw and others... no real need or love for it anymore

Nope. The day Blue Bell is back on the store shelves, people will be right there buying it. Too many people grew up on it and were exclusively Blue Bell consumers. Many people around here are willing to forgive anything as long as Blue Bell is back. Wouldn't be the first time a brand was accused of doing heinous things that effected customers, but people went right back.

It's almost like the recall has made some people want it even more now.

Wreav

Banned
I work primarily in food photography, so I've had a lot of experience in food service, and being in some great kitchens and a number of plants. I'm not an employee of Blue Bell. I have been on the floor of the Brenham, TX plant personally on a few occasions from 2008-2013, and saw nothing out of order. Seemed very clean, even by dairy standards. I'd have no problem going back to Blue Bell after they clean up and correct the problems found in the report.

User name is a little suspicious, might have a BB mole here.

cajunator

Banned
It is really surreal here in houston to see stories of the townsfolk praying for blue bell. not praying for the workers, but for the company itself.

Im pretty sure s lot of people with a love of certain companies will do all sorts of irrational things to preserve its standing in their lives. Look at gaming side for a billion examples.

SiDCrAzY

I work primarily in food photography, so I've had a lot of experience in food service, and being in some great kitchens and a number of plants. I'm not an employee of Blue Bell. I have been on the floor of the Brenham, TX plant personally on a few occasions from 2008-2013, and saw nothing out of order. Seemed very clean, even by dairy standards. I'd have no problem going back to Blue Bell after they clean up and correct the problems found in the report.

Would you say...it was in pristine condition?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom