• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

CFB 2013 |Bowl Games| FSU IS BACK BABY, JAMEIS HEI5MAN, & GATAS IN THE TOILET BOWL!

Lonestar

I joined for Erin Brockovich discussion
I'm actually ok with the crowded room. Sounds about like how a group of people watching a game sounds like.

andycapps

Hilarious hearing them talking up Auburn's defense so much when they're one of the worst in the conference. I mean, they're 89 in the country in total defense, and UGA was 45 and our defense was embarrassing this year. Absolutely horrible.

yuraya

Dumb question: you can't tackle the punter (even if they still have the ball), right? Only block the punt?

you can hit the punter as long as you block the kick. If you don't block the kick and hit him however..than you get flagged. its a risk 50/50 type of play.

Trey

Dumb question: you can't tackle the punter (even if they still have the ball), right? Only block the punt?

You can tackle them when they have the ball. You just can't hit them while they're in the act of kicking unless you touch the ball first.

Talon

Hilarious hearing them talking up Auburn's defense so much when they're one of the worst in the conference. I mean, they're 89 in the country in total defense, and UGA was 45 and our defense was embarrassing this year. Absolutely horrible.
The advanced stats have them better actually - particular the opponent plays vs. schedule comparison.

But yeah they're line in the 90s in yards/play allowed at close to 6.

True, but Auburn was MUCH better in key metrics like red zone d, third down d, etc. and scoring d was better than yardage, too.

MIMIC

Banned
If you get a piece of the ball you can destroy the punter.

As long as they have the ball, you can light them the fuck up. Or you can tackle them if you also touch the ball.

Hmmm. Then why is there a penalty for running into them when it's clearly accidental/your momentum carrying you?

If you're barreling toward them and they get rid of the ball at the last second, how are you supposed to not touch them?

edit:

You can tackle them when they have the ball. You just can't hit them while they're in the act of kicking unless you touch the ball first.

Ohhh...OK. I understand now.

Silkworm

UF's defense did pretty well against FSU in the 1st half of their matchup, but since the offense sucked the defense finally gave in. :-\

Top Bottom