• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

CFB Week 11: the SEC may have a baby dick, but everyone else still has penis envy

Status
Not open for further replies.

mre

Golden Domers are chickenshit!!
I'm not even a SECSECSEC guy, but, damn, y'all some bitter little bitches.

Rest of the content coming soon.

Content:

eVn5iEB.gif
eVn5iEB.gif
eVn5iEB.gif
eVn5iEB.gif
eVn5iEB.gif
eVn5iEB.gif
eVn5iEB.gif
eVn5iEB.gif
eVn5iEB.gif
eVn5iEB.gif
eVn5iEB.gif
eVn5iEB.gif
eVn5iEB.gif
eVn5iEB.gif

GAF Pick'em Week 11 Games

Baylor @ Oklahoma by X
Iowa @ Minnesota by X
Georgia Tech @ NC State by X
Notre Dame @ Airzona State by X
West Virginia @ Texas by X
Michigan @ Northwestern by X
UCLA @ Washington by X
Louisville @ Boston College by X
Kansas State @ TCU by X
Alabama @ LSU by X
Ohio State @ Michigan State by X
Oregon @ Utah by X

inm8num2

Recommended pizza in East Lansing:

Georgio's (get the potato pizza)
Goomba's (Pokee Stix are a must)
Pizza House
Cottage Inn

AlteredBeast

Fork 'em, Sparky!
I'm not even a SECSECSEC guy, but, damn, y'all some bitter little bitches.

Rest of the content coming soon.

I'm not bitter because the SEC is just about ready to collapse. This is pretty obvious and they can only get by for so long with help from the media. The entire East is garbage on an ACC level, while the West is a mystery because half of them played scrub team out of conference games.

JCX

Pizza House
Cottage Inn

I go out of my way to get Georgio's when driving to/from the west side. Huge, delicious slices.

Not really a fan of PH/CI though. Can't really go wrong as long as it's not Bell's.

xeris

Pizza House
Cottage Inn

Damn I miss Bilbo's. Their pizza varied in quality from godlike to edible based almost entirely on how stoned they were when they made it. Even if a particular pizza went to the crap end the breadsticks and dill sauce was ambrosia.

I'm not bitter because the SEC is just about ready to collapse. This is pretty obvious and they can only get by for so long with help from the media. The entire East is garbage on an ACC level, while the West is a mystery because half of them played scrub team out of conference games.

That sounds pretty bitter though.

Clemson, Kansas State, West Virginia and Wisconsin have all been defeated this year by SEC teams.

The only notable loss out of conference was Tennessee at Oklahoma. The other losses out of conference were by the two teams both bottom of their respective divisions.

Which non-SEC team has the strongest out of conference schedule? I cant see anyone with a significantly harder out of conference schedule. Probably FSU (ND, Florida, and Oklahoma State)?

jjasper

Tennessee at Oklahoma doesn't count that was before Dobbs especially when looking at Bama's win at Tennessee. Now that is a super impressive win. They are the only team in the country to beat Tennessee with future Heisman and NFL HOFer Dobbs playing.

Tennessee at Oklahoma doesn't count that was before Dobbs especially when looking at Bama's win at Tennessee. Now that is a super impressive win. They are the only team in the country to beat Tennessee with future Heisman and NFL HOFer Dobbs playing.

This is what Tennessee fans ACTUALLY believe

AntoneM

That sounds pretty bitter though.

Clemson, Kansas State, West Virginia and Wisconsin have all been defeated this year by SEC teams.

The only notable loss out of conference was Tennessee at Oklahoma. The other losses out of conference were by the two teams both bottom of their respective divisions.

Which non-SEC team has the strongest out of conference schedule? I cant see anyone with a significantly harder out of conference schedule. Probably FSU (ND, Florida, and Oklahoma State)?

If ASU beats Notre Dame you can add Pac 12 wins over 2 top 10 teams OOC. Clemson is bad, Wisconsin is average, WVU and KSU were good wins, so that would be a wash between the Pac 12 and SEC, however, the Pac 12 and Big 12 plays 9 conference games so that's equivalent to an extra Power 5 game. Have Bama play Georgia before Auburn instead of Western Carolina and we can talk.

Lonestar

I joined for Erin Brockovich discussion
If ASU beats Notre Dame you can add Pac 12 wins over 2 top 10 teams OOC. Clemson is bad, Wisconsin is average, WVU and KSU were good wins, so that would be a wash between the Pac 12 and SEC, however, the Pac 12 and Big 12 plays 9 conference games so that's equivalent to an extra Power 5 game. Have Bama play Georgia before Auburn instead of Western Carolina and we can talk.

Well, since Alabama and it's coaches are the only ones in the SEC that wanted to go to 9 conference games, not much else they can do, except use the dreaded "OOC" to get another big game, but where no one really knows who accepts or declines those invitations. Going forward with the proposed "power 5 required schedules", maybe it'll be easier to get teams to accept invites.

But, according to PACagarin, Alabama has 8 matchups with top 30 teams to Oregon's 4, but then again, there are 3, 4 and 5 loss teams in his/it's top 30.

The Year before (2013), SEC coaches voted 13-1 to stay at 8 conference games. Guess who was the 1.

AntoneM

Well, since Alabama and it's coaches are the only ones in the SEC that wanted to go to 9 conference games, not much else they can do, except use the dreaded "OOC" to get another big game, but where no one really knows who accepts or declines those invitations. Going forward with the proposed "power 5 required schedules", maybe it'll be easier to get teams to accept invites.

But, according to PACagarin, Alabama has 8 matchups with top 30 teams to Oregon's 4, but then again, there are 3, 4 and 5 loss teams in his/it's top 30.

The Year before (2013), SEC coaches voted 13-1 to stay at 8 conference games. Guess who was the 1.

Maybe the rankings on SEC teams wouldn't be as high if half the teams had an "extra" loss by playing 9 conference games.

What if ASU lose to ND this week, what will the Pac-12 fans say?

Clemson is better than "bad" in that they have only lost to two very good schools.

inm8num2

Please beat MSU. Come on Urban.

How do you guys feel about the game? I said this in the week 10 thread:

Right now I have a feeling O$U will pull that one out. Aside from the whole "revenge" factor from the B1G title game, their secondary has improved while Cook has not looked great the past month (some bad decisions, focusing too much on Lippett, inaccurate throws to open receivers). Both teams are statistically similar on offense and defense, but MSU's defense isn't quite as dominating as it was last year and has given up some big plays here and there.

It should be a great game regardless. Vegas has MSU at -1.5.

If Cook has a great game I like MSU to win, but he's not been throwing well. Not sure how pressure from Bosa and the OSU D-line will affect that.

Monroeski

Unconfirmed Member
Bye week happens for us at a good time. Maybe given two weeks we'll actually be able to put a QB on the field that is on scholarship.

NervousXtian

Thought Emoji Movie was good. Take that as you will.
Maybe the rankings on SEC teams wouldn't be as high if half the teams had an "extra" loss by playing 9 conference games.

Yeah, it's pretty bullshit.

The SEC bias is bad for college football as a whole.. when you see the first rankings for the playoff and it's 3 teams from one conference... it makes the whole thing look like a joke.

Especially since that conference is going to have it's strength of schedule ARTIFICIALLY raised every year because of biased rankings.

Even this week someone gave a vote to A&M.. who BARELY beat UL-Monroe.

The SEC also tends to play the biggest cupcake non-conf.. and plays those cupcakes LATER in the year as well.. which is an even bigger joke.

You have them ranked so high.. that you can end up with a non-conference winning team still make it because they can't lose in a conf final.

It's crap.

Kacar

How do you guys feel about the game? I said this in the week 10 thread:

If Cook has a great game I like MSU to win, but he's not been throwing well. Not sure how pressure from Bosa and the OSU D-line will affect that.
We have been really bad in short yardage on offense and that is where MSU stopped us last year. If Cook is average our line should be able to rattle him. Our pass D has shown major improvement but I'm still not sold. On offense I think we will be able to move it. Think its pretty much a tossup game. Hopefully JT is at full health.

inm8num2

We have been really bad in short yardage on offense and that is where MSU stopped us last year. If Cook is average our line should be able to rattle him. Our pass D has shown major improvement but I'm still not sold. On offense I think we will be able to move it. Think its pretty much a tossup game. Hopefully JT is at full health.

One other thing I forgot is that MSU's special teams, normally a strength, have gone to shit as well. Sadler's punts have been short for some reason, and Geiger's been missing some FGs. That's another thing I worry about - MSU coming out of OSU territory without any points, or otherwise giving them good field position.

This week is going to be frickin' looooooooooooooooooooong.

AlteredBeast

Fork 'em, Sparky!
yeah man. Using unbiased data and a statistical algorithm to come up with a ranking is some nerd bullshit.

If the stats display such foolishery as this, then the algorithm is tracking the wrong data. It is like that other poll posted a few weeks back that had Michigan ranked 20th after 2 solid drubbibgs and a losing record. Don't hide behind a ranking as obviously stupid as this one.

Computers are for nerds. It's all about dat eye test.

And most of those east coast eyes are -.- by the time Pac12 plays their headline games.

Anyways if computers are so smart, why does Sagarin's super computer presented by IBM Watson have a 2 loss Oklahoma team ranked #4? Is it because one of their wins came against an SECSECSEC team? yes, yes it is.

bachikarn

If the stats display such foolishery as this, then the algorithm is tracking the wrong data. It is like that other poll posted a few weeks back that had Michigan ranked 20th after 2 solid drubbibgs and a losing record. Don't hide behind a ranking as obviously stupid as this one.

Well, football rankings are hard to do because there are so few games compared to other sports like baseball and basketball, so his system is most likely sensitive to uncertainty. Low sample size, etc.

But how do you define a ranking? Is it based on what a team has accomplished, or how likely a team is to beat another team? Because if its the former, yeah OU should be ranked lower. If it's the latter, then no, I don't think it's ridiculous for OU to be #4. They lost two close games to two good teams, and have beaten other good teams. Without knowing the specifics of his algorithm, I don't think it's THAT ridiculous. Losing close games don't mean you aren't good.

Pizza House
Cottage Inn

If you want some bomb pizza drive 25 mins out to Grand Ledge and go to Cugino's. Awesome stuff and the waitresses are all smoking hot.

What if ASU lose to ND this week, what will the Pac-12 fans say?

Clemson is better than "bad" in that they have only lost to two very good schools.

That ASU chokes any time their program starts to look good?

Remember the pantsing USC gave them on Thanksgiving in 07? This is probably the most high profile ASU game since.

That ASU chokes any time their program starts to look good?

Remember the pantsing USC gave them on Thanksgiving in 07? This is probably the most high profile ASU game since.

I didn't see the 07 game but PAC-12 is THE chokers league.

I have lost money betting on PAC-12 matches than any other conference. That's why I don't rate it so highly and their teams as well, they continually seem to lose the ones that they shouldn't.

andycapps

Can't believe Georgia Clempsoned this week. I mean, I can because I always expect the worst, so it wasn't that shocking.. But still, Florida is horrible.. And we played like dogshit. After falling flat on our face, I fully expect us to dominate Kentucky and then Auburn the next week. That's the Georgia way. Dominate the games that are worth getting up for, and then fall flat on your face and get outcoached and outplayed in a loss to an inferior opponent.

All that said, honestly, with what has happened in our family this year, I can't get that upset about football at this point. While I enjoy watching it, it's just a game.

tokkun

I didn't see the 07 game but PAC-12 is THE chokers league.

I have lost money betting on PAC-12 matches than any other conference. That's why I don't rate it so highly and their teams as well, they continually seem to lose the ones that they shouldn't.

This basically comes down to the same perception problems. If all the teams in your conference are highly ranked, then a loss to one of them doesn't count as choking.

Ask yourself for instance why Oregon losing to Arizona was viewed as choking, Alabama losing to Ole Miss was not.

Alabama's loss to Ole Miss was not called choking because Ole Miss was ranked #11 at the time, despite their best win coming against a mediocre Boise State team and having struggled into the 4th quarter with Memphis the week before. Is that resume really any better than Arizona's was prior to beating Oregon? Yet Arizona was unranked.

jjasper

The switch to 9 games will happen. Other ADs have come out in support. The problem with the proposal last year is that there was no plan. Wondering what happens when the new commish comes in.

Also why the hell would coaches vote on that? That is beyond dumb unless it was just for recommending not do it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom