• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

CFB Week 3: The playoffs really did make the regular season pointless.

Lonestar

I joined for Erin Brockovich discussion
For those missing the SEC network wrap up show:

ebbjAUE.jpg

Sotha_Sil

For having only one game of consequence this week, today has ridiculously over-delivered.

Nothing beats seeing the Big 10 get demolished OOC week after week.

Washington over Illinois
Iowa St over Iowa
WVU over Maryland
Bowling Green over Indiana
Notre Dame over Purdue
TCU over Minnesota
Gary Nova over Rutgers

It's just so beautiful.

Balphon

Washington over Illinois
Iowa St over Iowa
WVU over Maryland
Notre Dame over Purdue
TCU over Minnesota
Gary Nova over Rutgers

It's just so beautiful.

Don't forget VT losing to a mid major to spite Ohio State.

Wait so, were the gators really bad or was kentucky actually a little decent?

A little of both. Florida still isn't the typical Florida you think of when you hear the name, but same goes for Kentucky. Another top 20 recruiting class and we could surprise some folks next year.

Still think we might be able to find a way into a bowl game this year. Gotta get lucky, or just make our own luck.

Schlookum

Neo Member
A little of both. Florida still isn't the typical Florida you think of when you hear the name, but same goes for Kentucky. Another top 20 recruiting class and we could surprise some folks next year.

Still think we might be able to find a way into a bowl game this year. Gotta get lucky, or just make our own luck.

After tonight I'm sure the SEC refs will make sure we aren't "lucky".

Subitai

Washington over Illinois
Iowa St over Iowa
WVU over Maryland
Notre Dame over Purdue
TCU over Minnesota
Gary Nova over Rutgers

It's just so beautiful.
Not what I was getting at, but unfortunately there won't be many more of those games before bowl season.

AlteredBeast

Fork 'em, Sparky!
New news, i know, but has anyone realized how bad the B1G is? I mean holy shit, tOSU had to drop 66 on Kent St because they knew VT was going to lay an egg, making their loss last week look even more ridiculous.

What is the conference's statement win this season so far?

Do you hear crickets chirping?

AlteredBeast

Fork 'em, Sparky!
My picks are absolute shit this week.

All week, I was telling people that USCe was going to beat UGA... And then I picked against it and how! Lol

mre

Golden Domers are chickenshit!!
Cornhuskers looking pretty good tonight. Blackshirt secondary is still pretty spotty imo, though.

lololololololol I want to see this shit
They had grounds crew on the field pouring sand and packing it down with a tamper.

pxleyes

Banned
There are literally no words for what happened tonight.

Bit of my night though. Phone died in the 3rd quarter. Pregnant wife is falling asleep next to me, so we all decide to just go back to the car. Obviously miss the craziness, but here I am at home instead of looking at another hour on the road ahead of me.

mre

So ESPN's college football playoffs ad is getting updated each week? It now features fans of several schools talking about how their school is getting into the playoffs and ends with a couple of sad Georgia fans shaking their heads.

cdyhybrid

Matt Leland ‏@MattLeland 5m
In eight of last nine years, #USC's first loss of season has come to an unranked team. 2012 (No. 21 Stanford) the only exception.

Sark fitting right in.

mre

You guys remember when we actually had Miami and Oklahoma State fans to remind us that their teams played games?

Lunar15

I feel like there was a moment there, probably in the 2nd overtime, when every single UF fan was just in a state of delirium. You probably had those guys that had already begun to rationalize a loss by saying we'd lose Muschamp, but they also had to consider the fact that we'd snap our streak against UK if that happened. These people are probably passed out in a gutter somewhere right now.

We just gotta go one week at a time, man. One week at a time.

Enfinit

I feel like there was a moment there, probably in the 2nd overtime, when every single UF fan was just in a state of delirium. You probably had those guys that had already begun to rationalize a loss by saying we'd lose Muschamp, but they also had to consider the fact that we'd snap our streak against UK if that happened. These people are probably passed out in a gutter somewhere right now.

Man am I pumped for next week.

lol who's the first halfway decent opponent you face :p

The last two coaches to go 3-0 in their first the games at USC were Hackett and Kiffin, so Sark is obviously trying to avoid going down that path.

Seth C

There are literally no words for what happened tonight.

Bit of my night though. Phone died in the 3rd quarter. Pregnant wife is falling asleep next to me, so we all decide to just go back to the car. Obviously miss the craziness, but here I am at home instead of looking at another hour on the road ahead of me.

Did you notice how by the rules you lost tonight but the game continued because the refs refused to call the delay of game? That was super cool.

bachikarn

Did you notice how by the rules you lost tonight but the game continued because the refs refused to call the delay of game? That was super cool.

The call was fine. Refs give the offense the benefit of the doubt. They typically look at the clock, and look up when the clock turns zero. So the offense gets a split second more than normal.

You of course are forgetting the BLATANT late hit by the dirty ass UK player who speared our RB in the head that the refs completely missed. That player should have been ejected

It's always hilarious to hear a UK complain about ref bias considering all the shit you get away with in basketball.

Top Bottom