• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

CFB Week 3: The playoffs really did make the regular season pointless.

Arkos

Nose how to spell and rede to
Oooooohhh I drank too many UGA fan tears last night, I'm hungover now :( they were delicious though. The sweet sweet UGA tears. Mmmmm

Schlookum

Neo Member
The call was fine. Refs give the offense the benefit of the doubt. They typically look at the clock, and look up when the clock turns zero. So the offense gets a split second more than normal.

You of course are forgetting the BLATANT late hit by the dirty ass UK player who speared our RB in the head that the refs completely missed. That player should have been ejected

It's always hilarious to hear a UK complain about ref bias considering all the shit you get away with in basketball.

I guess you are forgetting the BLATANT late hit by a Florida player on Kentucky's long punt return a few minutes earlier. Or the BLATANT block in the back that wasn't called on the play after Kentucky's tackle had his late hit.

And Kentucky basketball doesn't nearly get that kind of home cooking, especially if Doug Shows or Ted Valentine are officiating.

tokkun

Did you notice how by the rules you lost tonight but the game continued because the refs refused to call the delay of game? That was super cool.

They didn't lose by the rules of the game. Delay of game is not a loss-of-down penalty. They still would have had a chance to make the conversion from 5 yards further back.

Sotha_Sil

Next week is a big week for the B1G too. Nebraska/Miami, Indiana/Mizzou, Michigan/Utah, Rutgers/Navy, Maryland/Syracuse, and Iowa/Pitt.

Right now the MAC (3), MWC (3), and AAC (2) have more wins over P5 teams than the B1G has (1). Ouch

Talon

Next week is a big week for the B1G too. Nebraska/Miami, Indiana/Mizzou, Michigan/Utah, Rutgers/Navy, Maryland/Syracuse, and Iowa/Pitt.

Right now the MAC (3), MWC (3), and AAC (2) have more wins over P5 teams than the B1G has (1). Ouch
I count at least four losses.

Yaboosh

Super Sleuth
Did you notice how by the rules you lost tonight but the game continued because the refs refused to call the delay of game? That was super cool.

That is simply not how delay of games are called. No delay of game is called at the exact millisecond the clock reaches zero. And this coming from an FSU fan.

truly101

I got grudge sucked!

I just think its great you're getting your salt up 2 months ahead of time so you'll be ready for tip off. I have the Mercer game and I'm still ready to snap at anyone with so much as a smirk on their face.

bachikarn

I guess you are forgetting the BLATANT late hit by a Florida player on Kentucky's long punt return a few minutes earlier. Or the BLATANT block in the back that wasn't called on the play after Kentucky's tackle had his late hit.

And Kentucky basketball doesn't nearly get that kind of home cooking, especially if Doug Shows or Ted Valentine are officiating.

Nothing was bad as the late hit on our RB. The KY player led with his helmet and made helmet to helmet contact. He should have been ejected.

https://twitter.com/goldkamp247/status/511156049827885056

As for your other stuff, yeah, I'm sure there were some missed calls, But there were still plenty of other missed calls that KY did. That long TD run in the 1st OT was most definitely because of missed holding calls against our defense.

Enfinit

For shits and giggles, here's the Saragin (computer) rankings for week 3. Which are completely useless but interesting to look at:

a447404328.png

d8c4c0aab8.png

impirius

That is simply not how delay of games are called. No delay of game is called at the exact millisecond the clock reaches zero. And this coming from an FSU fan.
Please tell this to the officials in the 2006 SC-UF game. Stupid field goal grumblegrumble.

MIMIC

Banned
Ohio St. drops even after dumping 66 points on Kent State? Sad part is that I'd drop us, too. Virgina Tech lost, so that makes last week's loss that much worse.

Why can't we be good? ;_;

Schlookum

Neo Member
Nothing was bad as the late hit on our RB. The KY player led with his helmet and made helmet to helmet contact. He should have been ejected.

https://twitter.com/goldkamp247/status/511156049827885056

As for your other stuff, yeah, I'm sure there were some missed calls, But there were still plenty of other missed calls that KY did. That long TD run in the 1st OT was most definitely because of missed holding calls against our defense.
I completely agree that Meant should have been ejected, stupid and dangerous play. If you can, go back and check around the 6 minute mark in the 1st for the punt I was talking about. #8 for Florida hits the UK punt returner late while he was already down in the back of the head/neck. Not near as egregious, but still dangerous

It was a good game, and despite the controversy Kentucky still needs to cover the guy who torched them for 200+ freakin' yards. The streak will end one of these days, maybe. You all should hire Derek Dooley if you fire Muschamp.

Draxal

I'm over the loss.

1. Nova's his worst enemy, but this will be his last year.
2. I don't think Penn State is that good, Hackenberg wasn't amazing last night and missed a lot of plays. Sparty and OSU are definitely better than PSU with the amount of passrushers both have.
3. Our d didn't suck for once this last year and half.

truly101

I got grudge sucked!
How the fuck does UNC get back in the top 25 after playing like shit last week and not playing at all this week? What about UVA or BC?

KingGondo

Banned
OSU is #25 in the AP Poll. We have now been ranked in 7 straight seasons, the longest streak in program history.

There, I posted about Oklahoma State, even though it's close to 1 AM here and I really should get some sleep.

Happy now, mre?

I completely agree that Meant should have been ejected, stupid and dangerous play. If you can, go back and check around the 6 minute mark in the 1st for the punt I was talking about. #8 for Florida hits the UK punt returner late while he was already down in the back of the head/neck. Not near as egregious, but still dangerous

It was a good game, and despite the controversy Kentucky still needs to cover the guy who torched them for 200+ freakin' yards. The streak will end one of these days, maybe. You all should hire Derek Dooley if you fire Muschamp.

I wouldn't say it was a good game :jnc. Our QB can't find obvious wide open wide receivers and KYs defense ends were I the backfield all day. But except for the FSU special in Kelvin Taylor, it was a fairly clean game from my vantage point in the stands.

And no more Georgia affiliates as coaches.

7 sec teams in the top 15!

Why are people saying Pac-12 or acc is now the premier competition....

As the resident ACC cheerleader, I wish it were true that the ACC was seen as premier competition. They're not seen anywhere near that level. Florida State? Yes. Clemson? Well, last year they did alright in beating Georgia and Ohio State. Anyone else? Anyone?

Just when we thought Virginia Tech might be getting back into the discussion, they went and lost at home to East Carolina. Maybe Louisville can get there, though losing in conference to Virginia didn't help. Duke won 10 games last year, still gets no respect, though truthfully, they still haven't beaten anyone of note out of conference, so I'm not sure they deserve it. Miami is a joke. North Carolina is an as yet overrated joke. And Georgia Tech just makes me sad.

Though it was good to see Boston College help take the PAC-12 down a notch.

Because people don't think Georgia or SCAR deserve anything close to top 15 rankings

It's the pendulum of public opinion swinging back the other way too. I'd go so far as to say the top SEC teams aren't much better, if at all, than Pac12 top teams. But the middle of the SEC provides more of a challenge which could help in the playoffs.

Here are my week 3 Big 12 power rankings without explanation.

1. Oklahoma (3-0)
2. Baylor (3-0)
3. Oklahoma St. (2-1)
4. TCU (2-0)
5. Kansas St. (2-0)
6. WVU (2-1)
7. Texas (1-2)
8. Texas Tech (2-1)
9. Iowa St. (1-2)
10. Kansas (1-1)

Top Bottom