• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Charting the tower (stephen king and dark tower fans unite)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Recreat3

Ok so early last year i waned to start reading again, last time I read a series of books was probably Harry Potter when I was young. After skimming through imdb I noticed a movie called the dark tower is going to be released and i was instantly intrigued, I realised it was a stephen king story so I talked to a colleague and turns out he had read the whole series. Fast forward 6 months or so and to my own surprise I got through the series and absolutely loved it..now I'm eagerly anticipating the release of the movie, hoping it will do the books justice.

I joined a dark towercfacebook group recently and see lots of posts about the books or other stephen king books that incorporate the dark tower world, I happened to come across this timeline/chart of the dark tower and found it really interesting. I hope others here find it just as interesting as I can tell the person who made this put in a lot of effort. I didnt embed the image because it's huge and also spoilers, also added the link to the blog.

Thankee sai king for opening my eyes to an amazing, somewhat fantasy/futirstic world :)

https://chartingthetower.wordpress.com

http://i.imgur.com/Zt2pWHu.jpg

"The man in Black fled across the Desert, and the Gunslinger followed.”

Good stuff OP when I was a kid I read up to the third book, the rest had not been finished at the time, I got some pocket money been thinking of buying the whole set.

SpaceWolf

Banned
With all this talk of building Cinematic Universes in film lately, I'm genuinely disappointed we haven't really got a Stephen King Cinematic Universe, akin to King's books themselves...which almost always have neat little references to one another, some more overt than others.

With all this talk of building Cinematic Universes in film lately, I'm genuinely disappointed we haven't really got a Stephen King Cinematic Universe, akin to King's books themselves...which almost always have neat little references to one another, some more overt than others.

I'm curious to see how the Jaunt would fit in there.

Recreat3

The man in Black fled across the Desert, and the Gunslinger followed.”

Good stuff OP when I was a kid I read up to the third book, the rest had not been finished at the time, I got some pocket money been thinking of buying the whole set.

Please read the rest, book 4 is my favourite of the whole series. Absolutely beautiful flashback of when Roland was younger. A lot of people dislike the ending but I cannot see it ending any other way and it will make the movie make so much better.

ReAxion

that's an impression chart. damn.

e: for a quick dip into some dark towerness, go for Talisman and its sequel Black House. shit's great.

Recreat3

that's an impression chart. damn.

e: for a quick dip into some dark towerness, go for Talisman and its sequel Black House. shit's great.

I plan on reading the eyes of the Dragon next. Currently reading the stand, finding it hard to read anyone other than stephen king atm.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom