• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Cheap Seats is one of the best shows on television!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I fucking LOVE it when I come home late at night when this show is on. The show is just relentlessly funny..I regularly catch myself laughing out loud at some of the one-liners and fucked-up segments they throw into the mix.

I just got done watching the one on Gretzky's first game from '79, and the current episode is some ancient international weightlifting exhibition with a bunch of lugheads cracking their knees and ankles doing cleans. As the barrel-chested weightlifters paraded out for their introductions wearing a bunch of tacky 70's jogging suits, Randy says "Open casting call for the Soprano's" l-o-frickin-l. Later one of the lifters saunters out in thick black glasses to the tune of "Good to see Jack Osbourne out of rehab". The resemblance was uncanny. I nearly fell out of my chair.

I've always been a sucker for Mystery Science Theater style smart-ass humor, and Cheap Seats is absolutely chock full of quality nitpicking and wink-wink references. Fucking fantastic show, highly recommended to those who haven't seen it..

type9

Yea Cheap Seats is great. I like that weightlifting one because of the complete imcompetence of the people helping those guys who broke their ankles. The episode where they do the spelling bee is great too.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom