• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Chernobylite 2: Exclusion Zone – Official Reveal Trailer - Coming to Consoles and PC in 2025

adamsapple

Or is it just one of Phil's balls in my throat?

Say hello to developer Farm 51's Chernobylite 2: Exclusion Zone, the sequel to the 2021 first-person sci-fi survival horror shooter. It aims to blend open-world combat, crafting, team and base management, and nonlinear storytelling into a compelling and realistic post-apocalyptic action-RPG. It's due out on PC and consoles in 2025.

About
Chernobylite 2: Exclusion Zone is a post-apocalyptic action RPG game, mixing free exploration of huge and extremely realistic open world, challenging combat, unique crafting, team and base management with non-linear storytelling. You’re a planewalker who travels through parallel worlds in search of the precious, high-energy material called Chernobylite. Cut off from the world, trapped in the Zone, attacked by hordes of nightmare creatures, you must fight for survival and unite the handful of remaining survivors.

Key Features
  • Open World Exploration – Explore the big and realistic open world of the real Chornobyl Exclusion Zone. Chernobylite has taken over the zone, transforming many of its elements, and people are trying to defend themselves against it using prototype technology.
  • Character Development – Create and develop your hero. Attributes and skills will affect the effectiveness of combat, as well as the style of conversation. An arrogant muscle man with a big sword trying to intimidate everyone? Or a smart sniper who always finds the right arguments? The choice is yours.
  • Diverse Combat – Fight for survival with an advanced melee combat system, or keep your enemies away with a diverse arsenal of firearms. You can also use the stealth approach or ask others for help.
  • Team Building – Embark on the exciting journey of team building. Each of your mates is a potential teacher, ready to impart their knowledge and skills. Assemble your team and discover the unique strengths and abilities they bring. The question is, will you earn their trust and unlock their full potential?
  • Planewalking – Adapt your build and equipment to the situation with planewalking, which allows you to change things on the fly. You’re free to develop more than one character skill set. Are you encountering a situation that your previously prepared heavy melee build will solve better than your current ranged sniper? Planewalk and use another one.
  • Base Development – Develop your base. There, you can create valuable items and upgrade your weapons every day. Assign your people to tasks, and they will take care of your equipment and supplies.
  • Factions – Fight for influence and negotiate with factions. The Exclusion Zone is a battlefield that changes every day and reacts to your every action. Can you help them defeat the army of vicious monsters? And when old conflicts are revived, whose side will you be on?
  • Cooperative MissionsExperience online cooperative missions embedded in a single-player campaign allowing players to interact in various ways to achieve the goal.

Key art:

GUy0ChwXwAAJqmr

Last edited:

Bry0

I liked the first game, it was good but not amazing. I’m kind of surprised they are shooting for a second though.

winjer

Gold Member
I enjoyed the first one. So this sequel is already on my wishlist.

Btw, Steam tags this new game as soulslike....

Denton

Never played the first, is it good?
It is good and very interesting. My only bigger issue with it was that there are about 10 maps and you return to them few too many times so there is a bit of repetition. But the atmosphere, graphics, characters are great. I recommend it to STALKER fans, although do not expect STALKER, this is smaller scale somewhat (albeit with some features STALKER does not have, like base building).

Denton

I did not expect to see a sequel. Third person wtf, I assume that is optional. And I hope it will still be singleplayer and storydriven.

Top Bottom