• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Chris Hardwick Allegations and Response Discussion

SonicSleuth

By now most NeoGAFers have heard about the Chris Hardwick/Chloe Dykstra situation, and there's a probably a reason there isn't a thread about it, but in case we're all just avoiding it, I felt like this was the best place to have a legitimate discussion about what is happening with this #MeToo case. My background - I have no dog in this fight, I've never even heard of Chloe, and I find Chris is be a driven, successful Hollywood type, which suggests some things about his personality that aren't too flattering. However, a whole bunch of people owe some measure of their success to his work, so he's done something right along the way.

At this stage of the game, Chloe has posted her story online without mentioning Chris' name, but it's pretty obviously about him. Nerdist Industries was all too happy to distance themselves far from him, and AMC has taken steps as well. He's come out with a letter saying essentially "our relationship sucked, but I didn't rape anybody". His mother-in-law is the only person I can find of any consequence rushing to his rescue.

Looking at her allegations, some seem completely reasonable, others seem kind of questionable. I don't have the answers. Maybe nobody does. I would love to see her evidence, because that would probably really bolster her case, I'm guessing. But going through her claims...

1. She says that within two weeks of meeting Chris, there were five explicit "rules" about her behavior as it related to drinking, her time, other men, and public communications. She admits to making the CHOICE to stay with him even given these rules. I give her the absolute benefit of the doubt here. In my experience, ex-alcoholics are often very controlling of their circumstances so as to not put themselves in a bad situation. Driven Hollywood types are also often very controlling of their image and public standing. It seems completely reasonable that these rules may have been put in place, BUT these are not reasonable rules. These are crazy-ass controlling rules. If he put all these rules into place, he is a crazy-ass controlling dude, and she should have told him to go fck himself from the get-go. She chose not to and admits to doing so. He also does not deny the rules existed, so while it's likely that he would present these facts differently, it seems like we're all in agreement that these crazy rules were in existence, in some form, and they both knew it from very early on.

2. The dating at Comicon claim is frankly impossible to prove-up in any meaningful way and might have been crazy or it might have been reasonable. Really hard to say. If he took her to Comicon and then wouldn't let her leave the room for the duration, that's insanity, and any reasonable woman should have (again) told him to go fck himself. If he had plans and wanted to be sure they were in the same place so they could go do those things, so he told her "Stay in the room, I'll be back to get you" that might be understandable, because Comicon is huge and you can very, very easily lose your people and have no cell service with those crowds. BUT, I'm giving her the benefit of the doubt that he told her not to leave the room and wanted to date another person. The latter is only really relevant if they were agreed to be exclusive, and she doesn't say, but let's just keep assuming she's on the up and up. For some reason, she chose to stay with this incredibly controlling dude who didn't respect her. At this point you kind of have to ask what was going on with her that she let this continue? But by the same token, that doesn't justify his actions if he was a controlling jealous horndog.

3. This is where the story starts to get kind of questionable for me. She states that he "pressured" her to take an on-camera job. Now, I'm not 100% on the timeline of their relationship, but Chloe seems to have been a working actress in Hollywood (or at least, trying to be) prior to ever meeting Chris Hardwick. Is this the point we pretend a wanna-be working actress got "pressured" into taking an on-camera job that would build her status and establish her as on-camera talent? This seems frankly completely implausible to me. Even assuming Hardwick is the crazy controlling creep laid out above, I simply cannot wrap my head around this claim. He bullied her into having the job she wanted? I don't know, but granted, I don't know her. This opinion is formed by looking at her IMDB credits and history, which don't read like someone camera-shy.

4. And now... regular sexual assault. Starfishing. All seems pretty gross. But the claims sound... at the most charitable, unlikely. Obviously, if he was laughing at her while shy was crying and "starfishing", he's a complete monster and scumbag. He considers himself a stand-up comic, so to me, this sounds like they had bad sex that she didn't want, and then he mocked her for "starfishing" during the sex. That's also pretty monstrous, even if you give him the benefit of the doubt and say he's tone-deaf and a bad comedian who doesn't realize he's hurting somebody. So every bit of this claim is awful. But... this is the only claim he distinctly refuted. For criminal reasons? Or because she's imagining things that didn't happen? We don't really know. But she stuck around, regardless. The other comments she claims he made about her sexually seem far-fetched, but also, who knows, perhaps his attempts at bad humor. He's a bad stand-up, so maybe he thought he was being hilarious when in fact he was being very inappropriate and thoughtless.

5. The cheating. She admits to cheating, but makes it sound like it was nothing. He claims it was the thing that broke them up. Who knows. Her retelling of it seems completely lacking in authenticity, so that bleeds out to her other claims.

Clearly she was unhappy. Clearly she was anorexic and dealing with self-worth issues that he compounded. Clearly he isn't a very good dude. But what the hell was she doing dating this controlling monster who clearly established his monstrosity from the two week mark on? What exactly drew her into his web of insanity and kept her there? And... given how questionable her decisions certainly were, can we reasonably take her word as gospel? I don't know.

I do know that if half of what she said was true, I would tell any friend or relative to get the hell away from that controlling jerk instantly. I wonder how many folks told her to dump his ass along the way, because there should have been many. If there weren't, that might mean something.

Chris Hardwick's career is over. It might well be deserved. What do you folks think?

His response seems to deny all the allegations. Who do you believe?

If you believe her, he is a shitty person. If you believe him, she’s a shitty person.

I’m not sure I’d believe either to be honest. However there should be more than a story for him to lose his job imo.

demigod

I haven’t read everything but just saw it today. No proof of sexual assault, what she’s too dumb to call the cops or even pull out her phone to record the sexual assault? Sorry but im not going to believe a cheater.

D

Deleted member 713885

Unconfirmed Member
You cant #Metoo a shitty boyfriend.

He hurt her "career"? She was a Cos-Player lol

She knew what she was getting into cause she was a 20ish chick who scored a sugar daddy.

Relationships are a power dynamic..when you got Chris Hardwick money...you get chicks whi look like Chloe and you get the power of coming home from work and announcing "Somebody better be s**king dis dick tonight!"
You like trips around the world? Expensive clothes? A big house?
That's the exchange..
We ALL do it!
It's why I dont get SHIT for Valentines day but my GF does.

My GF calls it "Taking one for the team" and knows (as crude as this sounds) she calls it "Keeping my balls drained" so I dont salivate over other women?

Did he hold he down and forcibly penetrate her? Nope.
She tossed out some boring sex so he didnt have to jerk it in the shower, go cheat, or dump her ass.
Welcome to an LTR or a marriage.

1. I “should not want to go somewhere at night”. My nights were expected to be reserved for him, as he had a busy schedule. This alienated me from my friends.
This is some young chick problem. Your gonna have to deal with this when you date chicks under 30. He tried to wifey up a party girl...and she wasnt happy. Adult chicks dont wanna go out without you 99% of the time.

2. I was to not have close male friends unless we worked together. All photos of male friends were to be removed from my apartment. This was heartbreaking for me, as my best friend happened to be male.

Again...young chick problem. They better be gay or 450lbs. Who's GF is hanging with dudes?

3. As he was sober, I was not to drink alcohol. Before we began dating he said, “I noticed you have a glass of wine with dinner. That’s going to stop.”

Wtf..do you smoke crack around an ex-junkie. Have some respect! Young girls..

4. I was not to speak in public places (elevators, cars with drivers, restaurants where tables were too close) as he believed that people recognized him and were listening to our conversations. Our dinners out were usually silent, him on his phone.

Welcome to the world of dating a famous guy in the world of TMZ.

5. I wasn’t allowed to take a photo of us. (Eventually, he softened on this rule, but was very stern about me asking permission.)

I do this. I dont like my pic taken.

All in all...this is what happens when you date a young girl who's a starfucker. And that's why you dont wifey trophys.
Nobody is gonna #Metoo Dan Bilzarian cause those trophies know their role. He gets out the hot tub and they service him. That's what the private jet and trips to Ibiza get you.
Chris was to middle of the road...Alpha money and fame but scarcity mentality.

Last edited by a moderator:
S

SLoWMoTIoN

Unconfirmed Member
It's why I dont get SHIT for Valentines day but my GF does.

My GF calls it "Taking one for the team" and knows (as crude as this sounds) she calls it "Keeping my balls drained" so I dont salivate over other women?
Okay...

D

Deleted member 713885

Unconfirmed Member
I have no idea who he or she is

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chris_Hardwick#Discography

2017The Lego Batman Movie Reporter #3 Cameo, Voice
2017The Lego Ninjago Movie Radio DJ Cameo, Voice

Am i missing something?

Hes basically the Ryan Secrest of Nerd shit.
He started in the 90's hosting a show on MTV.
He had a website for Nerdy shit and sold it, made a ton of money.
Host a top podcast.
Hosted a post talk show after Walking Dead and others.
Hosted like 10 shows on TV.
Host Comic Cons and other Nerd things.

Hes the comedian/nerd version of Carson Daly/Ryan Secrest I guess.

Host a top podcast.

Hes the comedian/nerd version of Carson Daly/Ryan Secrest I guess.

Thanks, I had no idea who he was

zumphry

Banned
I “should not want to go somewhere at night”. My nights were expected to be reserved for him, as he had a busy schedule. This alienated me from my friends.
This is some young chick problem. Your gonna have to deal with this when you date chicks under 30. He tried to wifey up a party girl...and she wasnt happy. Adult chicks dont wanna go out without you 99% of the time.

2. I was to not have close male friends unless we worked together. All photos of male friends were to be removed from my apartment. This was heartbreaking for me, as my best friend happened to be male.

Again...young chick problem. They better be gay or 450lbs. Who's GF is hanging with dudes?

just lol if you and your partner aren't interdependent

D

Deleted member 713885

Unconfirmed Member

When you get into your 30-40's and your working 50+ hours a week...your gonna side-eye your girl when you have a free moment and shes out with Jimmy and Todd having drinks.

With work, house work, etc.. not many people have that energy to be keep a social active life after 30. You wanna decompress with your SO.
Chances are she was working 15 hours week living the life, spending his money, and wanted to party before she hit the wall.
Chris is like 48 lol I know I couldnt keep up with a 23 year old girl lol

Chris was in the position..he prob works 80 hours a week.
And that's what he gets for trying to wifey up a 23 year old girl who's marketable skill is dressing scantily in video game outfits.

Grinchy

Banned
I just feel like if I met a woman, started dating her, and within 2 weeks, I thought she was a horrible person, there wouldn't be a long term relationship. And I definitely don't think I'd put up with her shit for years, cheat on her, and then pull a move to get her fired from her job(s) way after the fact.

This "revelation" feels so much like a revenge move. It seems vindictive.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member 713885

Unconfirmed Member
I just feel like if I met a woman, started dating her, and within 2 weeks, I thought she was a horrible person, there wouldn't be a long term relationship. And I definitely don't think I'd put up with her shit for years, cheat on her, and then pull a move to get her fired from her job(s) way after the fact.

This "revelation" feels so much like a revenge move. It seems vindictive.

Let's be honest tho.. what she did/agreed to is par for the course with attractive young women and older rich men.

I'm sure her main goal was to shit out a kid by him after she hit 30 then drop his ass, or cheat even more.

He did this too himself. He wifey'd a boothe babe lol
Then wonders why she cheated!?!
Dude, she had less of a career then a secretary.

She cheated..with her current BF on him..

images

That's what 23 year old girls do.. Chris might have had money but this guy is also pretty wealthy..and look at that body? Shit..I might bang his beautiful ass!

And THATS why you dont let your young-boothe babe GF hang with the guys while your out working lol

That dude was smashing her while Chris was buying her Gucci!!
And shes mad he gave her a bad reference..you cheat on me with Adonis over there and you'll be lucky if I dont take a shit in your mail box and tell everyone you gave me the clap.

iBuzzati

I don't really have a sophisticated opinion on this -- but I imagine it's pretty tempting nowadays for a woman to never adopt any adult sense of responsibility and leave an alleged abusive relationship, when you always have this audible play that didn't really exist before; one where you can receive sympathy and adulation for airing out your dirty laundry after the fact, and it's looked down upon to search for a seemingly nefarious motive because of the claim that you were manipulated and emotionally abused to the point where you couldn't leave for years. That and the fact that somehow women became these magic truth-faeries that are never vindictive or wrong about anything. Strange world.

Last edited:

demigod

Let's be honest tho.. what she did/agreed to is par for the course with attractive young women and older rich men.

I don't find Chloe attractive at all, i'd give her a 5 out of a 10. Not sure what Chris saw in her, there's millions of girls that look better than her.

Makariel

Host a top podcast.
Yet, I have never heard of the guy. Never heard about her either btw. and maybe I'm a bit out of touch with the year 2018, but who is this Ryan Secrest and why would I know him?

D

Deleted member 713885

Unconfirmed Member
what the hell is starfishing.

wait is it like trying to fuck someone cause of their "celebrity"

Its basically laying on your back, arms and legs spread out...while a dude has sex with you.
Its like when guys say "She was a dead fish" in bed.

Not moving, not enjoying it...just spread out letting him boner her. Basically a receptacle.

So his career is over without his day in court...seems legit.

That kind of shit is killing this me too crap, I believe everyone but you also give the accused the presumption of innocent until proven guilty.

Atrus

Gold Member
I only know Chris Hardwick from the Talking Dead show but from what the OP wrote, this woman sounds like someone in an emotional or psychologically stunted state. What does "let him sexually assault me" mean? "Every night I laid there for him, sometimes in tears". Huh?

Did she agree to sex but mentally not agree? Is he chaining her to the bedpost Black Snake Moan style?

There's enough about her behaviour to "red flag" it as being a problem regardless of the truth value of the assault claim. Hardwick has every right to attempt to ask things of her in terms of her behaviour and she has every right not to obey. If Hardwick is a jackass, leave.

That kind of shit is killing this me too crap, I believe everyone but you also give the accused the presumption of innocent until proven guilty.

metoo killed itself. i dont care what anyone says. youre never going to have a legitimate movement that starts its life out on twitter
metoo was never about getting any kind of real justice its about getting revenge on people

D

Deleted member 713885

Unconfirmed Member
I only know Chris Hardwick from the Talking Dead show but from what the OP wrote, this woman sounds like someone in an emotional or psychologically stunted state. What does "let him sexually assault me" mean? "Every night I laid there for him, sometimes in tears". Huh?

Did she agree to sex but mentally not agree? Is he chaining her to the bedpost Black Snake Moan style?

There's enough about her behaviour to "red flag" it as being a problem regardless of the truth value of the assault claim. Hardwick has every right to attempt to ask things of her in terms of her behaviour and she has every right not to obey. If Hardwick is a jackass, leave.

In my opinion, she was emotionally and psychologically stunted...she was 24..

He was 40..she was 24..

Give me Hardwick money and a 24 year old girl and I could make her head spin.

Imagine your a struggling Cos-Play actress and a 40 year old dude with a media empire swoops in..
No girl will be able to handle that, and unless your a 40 year old saint of a man with Hardwick money your gonna exploit it.

There's a BIG difference between a 24 year old Cos-player and a 40 year old muti-millionaire.

This shit ain't a Rom-Com of Dating GAF...this is reality, fame, money, and social climbing.

Ecto311

This feels like the same horseshit that busted this site into 2 sites (for the better I think). A girl says shit and the ultra SJW side just goes with her no matter what. Destroys the guy in this situation and no one questions why or if there is any proof. She decided now was the best time to do so? Does she have a movie or show or something coming out?

Drumming up some news with her name to grow something else? Not a huge fan of Hardwick either but wtf, why does all his shit get cancelled when there is nothing for proof aside from she said it. She didn't even name him directly. Then she says on twitter that she is leaving for a bit? Why leave? Why not defend your stance on this.

I think it was Anthony Cumia who said "Believing all woman is just as bad as not believing any". Same shit happened to this site. Lady comes out of no where with a story but no proof. The rational people think well ok lets see what happens. The white knights nuke their accounts and run off to another place. I think Chris has enough cash to be fine at this point. I also think if he is in the right he has some ground to stand on and fight her in some way about this. Maybe at that time he was a douche and treated her like shit but that doesn't mean he hasn't changed. I seen on ERA that people were assuming his current wife is under the same bad treatment and she should be seeking help also. I can't get behind the shallow thinking that if a person male or female is a dick once that they are just like that forever.

She has nothing to lose posting this but a ton to gain. Now she is seen as strong and to be looked up too. It's too much in her favor to do this to him. She might still be angry they are broke up and wanting to hurt him. This "media climate" is the best time possible to fuck dudes up with a story true or not. I wish the media, companies, public and other outlets would try and figure out who is right in these situations before just destroying someone. Male or female. If a dude come out and said some famous chick was shitty to them then I don't expect the lady to lose all her work either. This equality thing is horseshit when the pendulum swings so far the other way it's not equal at all again.

It's Jeff

Banned
Here's what I know so far. I've never met either of these people. I'm supposed to trust one of them implicitly at the expense of the other's livelihood. I have exactly no evidence to judge one case's merit over the other.

Is there anybody that can explain what I'm missing? Why I should draw one conclusion over the other?

Here's what I know so far. I've never met either of these people. I'm supposed to trust one of them implicitly at the expense of the other's livelihood. I have exactly no evidence to judge one case's merit over the other.

Is there anybody that can explain what I'm missing? Why I should draw one conclusion over the other?

Several people, men and women, are backing up her claims on twitter including being told not to hire her.

oagboghi2

All in all...this is what happens when you date a young girl who's a starfucker. And that's why you dont wifey trophys.
Nobody is gonna #Metoo Dan Bilzarian cause those trophies know their role. He gets out the hot tub and they service him. That's what the private jet and trips to Ibiza get you.
Chris was to middle of the road...Alpha money and fame but scarcity mentality.
Sometimes it's like you read my mind PKM.

I was expecting some over the top Harvey Weinstein allegations, but it seems like he is just a self-centered asshole with a lot of money. So what? She should have dumped his ass and moved on.

I don't know this girl, but I get the impression that she is used to guys catering to her, because she is so attractive. When Hardwick treated her like just some other girl he is fucking, she took it personally.
It's strange how quickly #metoo has went from cases of actual abuse to straight up tabloid garbage.

Is that what you call sleeping with someone else behind your partner's back?

Last edited:

Torquill

And much like the world at large, bafflingly no one is talking about the blacklisting, which probabaly happened, is easy to prove, and is something he didn’t bother to deny (probably cause they can prove it did and it would undermine is assault denial)

D

Deleted member 713885

Unconfirmed Member
Thanks for that. That's some juvenile behavior right there and worthy of condemnation if it all checks out.

Look, I agree...juvenile and shitty but, let's take one minute..just ONE minute and think about this..

Your with a woman, maybe or maybe not your a dick.

You find out she cheated on you with this guy
4c5b438368f711c2c7bbf5ada25cd3cf.jpg

Now, she says "I kissed a guy" as how she cheated. But we all know..
I slept with 5 guys my whole life is girl language for 50...and I only kissed him is probably a BJ in the NOBO parking lot..

Now, do you rage? Call her out on social media? Get abusive? Etc.. He didnt. She didnt get a stigma placed on her over it.

So, yeah..he was hurt. Most likely had his man-hood destroyed. As any man who's ever been cheated on that shit is about the lowest one mans self worth can go.

So, he "black listed" her. It didnt kill her career.
She could have broke it off amicably, could have not cheated...but she slighted his manhood.

Some of ya'll would have prob done WAY more extreme shit... trust me.
And let's not even talk about what a scorned female is capable.
Cheat on the wrong girl and welcome to the 7th level of hell.

It's Jeff

Banned
Look, I agree...juvenile and shitty but, let's take one minute..just ONE minute and think about this..

Your with a woman, maybe or maybe not your a dick.

You find out she cheated on you with this guy
4c5b438368f711c2c7bbf5ada25cd3cf.jpg

Now, she says "I kissed a guy" as how she cheated. But we all know..
I slept with 5 guys my whole life is girl language for 50...and I only kissed him is probably a BJ in the NOBO parking lot..

Now, do you rage? Call her out on social media? Get abusive? Etc.. He didnt. She didnt get a stigma placed on her over it.

So, yeah..he was hurt. Most likely had his man-hood destroyed. As any man who's ever been cheated on that shit is about the lowest one mans self worth can go.

So, he "black listed" her. It didnt kill her career.
She could have broke it off amicably, could have not cheated...but she slighted his manhood.

Some of ya'll would have prob done WAY more extreme shit... trust me.
And let's not even talk about what a scorned female is capable.
Cheat on the wrong girl and welcome to the 7th level of hell.

No question. And realistically, if that happened to me, I'd be going through a few stages of rage, emasculation, and probably depression. Still though, that's the responsibility when you have some juice in the industry, yeah? To not use it vindictively?

D

Deleted member 713885

Unconfirmed Member
No question. And realistically, if that happened to me, I'd be going through a few stages of rage, emasculation, and probably depression. Still though, that's the responsibility when you have some juice in the industry, yeah? To not use it vindictively?

Let's be honest..that's how you get power.

Every feel good story about somebody in power has a real story of people crushed under them.

Theirs no saints at the top of the food chain.
Real power is "Dont fuck with me" power. She did..and he had that power in this case.

It's Jeff

Banned
Let's be honest..that's how you get power.

Every feel good story about somebody in power has a real story of people crushed under them.

Theirs no saints at the top of the food chain.
Real power is "Dont fuck with me" power. She did..and he had that power in this case.

Brutal. Can't say I share your worldview on this one. And just because I can understand the man's impulses doesn't mean I excuse them.

It's clear to me that Chris Hardwick doesn't need to spend much time on OKCupid to find himself another young lady to court. No need to be vindictive.

D

Deleted member 713885

Unconfirmed Member
Brutal. Can't say I share your worldview on this one. And just because I can understand the man's impulses doesn't mean I excuse them.

It's clear to me that Chris Hardwick doesn't need to spend much time on OKCupid to find himself another young lady to court. No need to be vindictive.

Sadly...

He broke up with this woman years ago and is now married and I believe has a child on the way.

This woman accusing him waited a few years and now that he is married and expecting a child decided to crush him.

Now...that's how you get revenge!

It's Jeff

Banned
Sadly...

He broke up with this woman years ago and is now married and I believe has a child on the way.

This woman accusing him waited a few years and now that he is married and expecting a child decided to crush him.

Now...that's how you get revenge!

Christ... what a pitiful situation. There's no version of this that isn't pathetic, and nobody's off the hook.

So I finally got to read and consume the information. Here's my thoughts.

They both sound like less then great people. I don't necessarily believe either of them fully. However I'll start with her essay.

1. The huge majority of everything she wrote isn't anything that she should have made public. She was (by her account) unhappy in her relationship. But... those were the choices she made. While it certainly makes him look like a dick, she didn't have to agree to anything she did agree to. She likes dumb, he looks like a dick. Not anything I would want to broadcast personally.

2. That's not sexual assault folks. As a married man, I've done things I didn't exactly want to or felt like. That includes times where we had sex, movies watched, music listened to, food ate, places gone. That's LTR 101... you do things you don't want to do.

My wife has never sexually assault me or raped me. Where there times we had sex and I didn't feel like it but did it anyway because she wanted to... Yep! And the high majority of people in a LTR will have done the same thing. You do things to make your other half happy. But you can't consent to sex and then claim sexual assault to the consensual sex you had. Assault and rape are acts that you don't consent to.

Men and women in LTR suck dick and eat the puss sometimes even tho they don't feel like it. You will see movies, hear music, eat food or whatever that isn't your cup of tea or what you want at the time in order to make your other half happy. If you in a 5 year relationship have never done something you didn't feel like doing, then your other isn't happy.

3. I love how she's the victim from start to finish and even being unfaithful is his fault.

As for Hardwick, sounds like a shitty boyfriend. However, she could have said no at any point and walked away. It's not exactly like he made her do anything. He is 100% at fault for everything he did do. That includes not being caring and not thinking of her on any near level as himself. But lets be honest here, that doesn't belong in #MeToo.

You had a selfish boyfriend, not a Harvey situation.

Whether or not he tried to blacklist her, it didn't seem to work. She seems to have as much work and or better work after then she did before. And the fact that "now" people will back her up now... wow what cowards. If they knew years ago and could prove he was at least trying to do so, they are cowards for not speaking up then. Had they not been cowards, the alleged blacklisting couldn't have happened.

They are the second biggest part of this problem. Speak up! or shut up now. But fuck the whole I'll be a hero now shit. They are cowards for being silent when speaking up would have mattered.

Now you don't know if they are telling the truth. Do they have an axe to grind with Hardwick? Are they just friends with her? Do they just want some internet points? You don't know now because their credibility has to be in question.

But it really brings up the biggest issue with everything that has gone on. She is a adult. She made choices and was unhappy with them. At any point she could have walked away, she didn't. Stop treating these adult like children.

Children make choices but there isn't (and rightfully so) a standard of them having to deal with them. Because they are children.

Adults shouldn't get that. They are accountable for their actions and choices.

For as bad as a person she says he is, he didn't trash her publicly when she was fucking someone else. He seemed classy when he said they broke up and went on with his life.

llien

So his career is over without his day in court...seems legit.
Well, we are used to it.

What's new here (at least for me) is that even if everything she has described were true, I don't see anything beyond "you are not a good person", let alone "you are fired" worthy.

This is the "have you seen titanfall" chick?

This dude is like C-list at best so calling her a starfucker seems a little dramatic. There are a lot of people out there capable of talking to celebrities about TV shows.

I'm going to echo what others have said, Hardwick seems like a dick and his alleged behaviour is pathetic, but she chose to be in the relationship. This isn't victim blaming. Anyone who has dated has probably had a close call with someone, usually you spot something off within the first few weeks. It's on you to bail. She decided to stick around for whatever reasons and be unhappy.

On top of that, her cheating only further makes this look like a scorned person trying to get revenge. Part of me hopes the reason everyone dropped Hardwick so fast was because they knew of this behaviour and there wasn't a doubt in their minds he did what he has been accused of. If they just dropped him because they didn't want to do an investigation and deal with the public lynch mob on social media, that's irresponsible and pathetic.

I don't think anyone deserves to lose their livelihood over a he said she said situation. It would be nice to get some truth out of this situation but it's highly unlikely. The lack of people coming forward to support Hardwick also makes me further believe he's a douche, but there could be some friends/colleagues who don't want to get put in the crosshairs of reactionist armchair jurors.

wondermega

How humiliating for him. The speed with which everybody dropped him was impressive, like... record-setting, considering the circumstances. It's been fascinating to watch how all his peers have basically gone silent as well. It's like he got the plague and they all want to get as far away as possible before they get just a smidge on them as well. I wonder how long this kind of thing will continue and how much further it can get.
I don't think he deserves to get off scot-free but I definitely do not think he deserves this kind of punishment, humiliation, and stripping of his career. Likewise all the faceless second hand people who are employed by the many projects he's got going on, this REALLY sucks for them! I can't imagine that things will be wonderful for her own reputation going forward, following this as well. Ah well. Let's not feel too terrible for the rich, beautiful people, all right?

Hari Seldon

This is the "have you seen titanfall" chick?

This dude is like C-list at best so calling her a starfucker seems a little dramatic. There are a lot of people out there capable of talking to celebrities about TV shows.

This is what I don't get. This dude has zero power anywhere except in this west coast fake nerd shill community. This nerdist podcast is the podcast that Red Letter Media makes fun of right? This cabal of fake nerd culture garbage annoys me to no end.

As far as the issue in the OP, I think that they are both pretty fucked up. It is bad that she decided to destroy this dude's "career" over what seems like simply a really bad LTR, and him for being an insane control freak who was stupid enough to date some early 20s cosplaying nobody who apparently wasn't compatible with him at all.

Hari Seldon

How humiliating for him. The speed with which everybody dropped him was impressive, like... record-setting, considering the circumstances. It's been fascinating to watch how all his peers have basically gone silent as well. It's like he got the plague and they all want to get as far away as possible before they get just a smidge on them as well. I wonder how long this kind of thing will continue and how much further it can get.
I don't think he deserves to get off scot-free but I definitely do not think he deserves this kind of punishment, humiliation, and stripping of his career. Likewise all the faceless second hand people who are employed by the many projects he's got going on, this REALLY sucks for them! I can't imagine that things will be wonderful for her own reputation going forward, following this as well. Ah well. Let's not feel too terrible for the rich, beautiful people, all right?

That is the nature of building your career around your "personality" rather than any other actual skills. Hardwick is like a fanfic version of Carson Daly. Carson Daly's entire value is that he is some drama free/ scandal free unoffensive host that has some name recognition with his niche audience. Take away the scandal free part and neither has any value whatsoever.

Top Bottom