• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Chris Hardwick Allegations and Response Discussion

Some dude tweeted that he was told to blacklist her and now coming out to defend her. Like really you’re as bad as that person. But really it doesn’t matter at all, thats not grounds to fire someone being accused of sex assault.

Funny how she says he begged her back but that tmz leak says otherwise. Gee, i wonder who is lying?
Well his hella long text does confirm that.

He was working to get her back and then felt/realized she was leading him along. So he said I deserve better and said goodbye. She then attempt to talk it out.

I will say this. In the text he says more or less that he won't make what happened public and speak as if no ill will. He did definitely do that.

demigod

Well his hella long text does confirm that.

He was working to get her back and then felt/realized she was leading him along. So he said I deserve better and said goodbye. She then attempt to talk it out.

I will say this. In the text he says more or less that he won't make what happened public and speak as if no ill will. He did definitely do that.

Ahh ok, thats what i get for reading the top and end only. All i saw was a buncha spam by her.

wondermega

He definitely did what? It sounds like he was generally pretty true to his word about keeping mum about the details and end of his relationship as far as the public is concerned. I mean up until releasing this text message string of course but - I mean at this point isn't it his right to do so? She attempts to assassinate his character and destroy his career, I think at that point he's allowed to express some of what went on between them considering the accusations (and all that he has to lose, by her hand). Aside from that, his public response/statement seemed fairly cordial all things considered.

He definitely did what? It sounds like he was generally pretty true to his word about keeping mum about the details and end of his relationship as far as the public is concerned. I mean up until releasing this text message string of course but - I mean at this point isn't it his right to do so? She attempts to assassinate his character and destroy his career, I think at that point he's allowed to express some of what went on between them considering the accusations (and all that he has to lose, by her hand). Aside from that, his public response/statement seemed fairly cordial all things considered.
Keep his word and didn’t make it a public trashing. Wasn’t saying he didn’t keep true to that... he did.

Sorry for that confusion

Last edited:

It's Jeff

Banned
Yeah, her essay said basically that her life was shit with Chris and so horribly. She left him for another man. The ending certainly seems to be untruthful.

Some texts have come out. Seems to back up Chris. To be fair, his statement was short tho.

http://tmz.vo.llnwd.net/o28/newsdesk/tmz_documents/0619_Hardwick Texts.pdf

This is the longest text message I've ever seen.

I'm realizing that there's probably no greater Hell than having the details of a relationship aired out in a public forum like this. I can't believe that Hardwick's already lost a job when information like this was yet to surface.

Here's the thing. I'm not sure how this needs to manifest, but we need to start thinking of ways to legislate separation of private life from professional employment. This is unacceptable, and goes deeper than Hardwick's melodrama. We're all human beings, and what we do and feel in our personal lives does not reflect how we perform as professionals.

Further review of the case just makes me disgusted with power we've given to employers to control the off hours of employees. This is nonsense. This is subversive ownership of who we are, what we can feel, and how we act. True, you'd say that a person has the freedom to not accept a job in the first place if they're not willing to accept the terms of employment, but that's not practical and beyond the point.

Everyone has been in bad relationships and most people have been rebounds. He obviously cared for her or she wouldn’t of been around for 3 years and she obviously cared for him or she wouldn’t of stuck around for 3 years.

To do what she did comes across as vindictive and crazy. I’ve been with my wife for 5 years not every day has been unicorns and rainbows. I’ve given her some lovin when I wasn’t in the mood and she’s done the same, that’s pretty normal.

People do things all the time to hurt people if they feel they’ve been hurt and scorned. Even if he blacklisted her, she ultimately wins cause dude is buried. Or maybe not because he did marry a woman worth an estimated 100 Million dollars. I’d be a little jelly too if my ex were set for life, but I wouldn’t be shallow enough to drag past relationships and personal experience across the internet, even if it was for my own self healing ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

demigod

Well Lydia Hearst broke her silence and is standing by her man. Holycow i did not know she was that cute and rich, its no wonder the crazy girl is slandering the dude.

AgentP

Thinks mods influence posters politics. Promoted to QAnon Editor.
Not that I'm following all the details, but they are consenting adults and she did not work for him. So she is an ex trying to ruin his career with social media? Did he do something illegal? Contact the authorities. If not, walk away like an adult.

I'm not interested in what Hardwick's wife, mother in law, grandmother... anyone like that has to say. They weren't there and their opinion of him is possibly biased.

I also don't want to hear from people who swear that Hardwick did try to blacklist Chloe. You may have a other motives. Unless you have something to show us that proves you had the opinion back before Chloe's essay. What I mean by this is examples of...

1. Email that you sent someone discussing the blacklisting.
2. A text discussing it.
3. A tweet alluding to it.

There are at least a few people who are claiming being told to not work with her. I think at least one person is saying he was chewed out for working with her after he was told not to. It would be unreasonable imo that even between a dozen people, no one could produce a email or text referencing the blacklisting. Not even a simple text from a man to his wife "I just got yelled at for working with someone they told me not to."

If it's out there and exists, post it please.

Another issue I have here people saying the texts and video of her praising him mean nothing. You know, because a woman being abused would do that. However a woman who isn't abused could do that to. If it isn't evidence of her happy then ok. But it can't be evidence of her being unhappy.

If we are now ok with people losing their jobs because they were a selfish and/or uncaring spouse or significant other, prepare for unemployment to sharply increase. By that measure, Chloe should be out of work to... right? But she shouldn't be punished for not being a good girlfriend to Hardwick. That's just silly.

#MeToo Gen II is apparently about defending the sanctity of cheaters now.

Poor little cheater got dumped and subsequently badmouthed by the guy she cheated on. Just horrifying!

Two more ex girlfriends come out in defense of Hardwick.

I wonder how many more people it will take to come to his defense before he starts getting benefit of the doubt in the public eye. Do we need to track down his girlfriend's from junior high?

The part of the article gives me hope that this batshit insanity will end soon. At least people are starting to realize how damaging false accusations can be and when accused there is nothing you can do except take a public shaming.

Moneal

Two more ex girlfriends come out in defense of Hardwick.

I wonder how many more people it will take to come to his defense before he starts getting benefit of the doubt in the public eye. Do we need to track down his girlfriend's from junior high?

The part of the article gives me hope that this batshit insanity will end soon. At least people are starting to realize how damaging false accusations can be and when accused there is nothing you can do except take a public shaming.

don't think there is a number. the damage is probably done. he might get some work in the future, but he won't get back to where he was, no matter how many women vouch for him.

Spheyr

Banned
I've known Chloe since we both posted on Something Awful a lifetime ago. I wouldn't believe her if she told me the sky was blue in June. Attention seeking and lying are literally her two primary personality traits.

So what's the latest on this? I only followed this story elsewhere and was told it was a slam dunk he's the worst person ever hashtag hashtag but I never saw any real evidence.

Arkos

Nose how to spell and rede to
I was inspired by Chris when I learned that he was in recovery, and I respected and liked him a lot.

I was sickened by what I read about Chris, and I believe every bit of it.

I want nothing to do with Chris Hardwick. I’m glad I’m not very invested in his actual output so it’s an easy decision for me.

Top Bottom