• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Close enough Sega Neptune is coming out in Brazil!

Crayon

First of all, if you have any idea what it would be like to import something like this to the US, please share. Let me know if I have to cut off my leg or anything.

This is a mega drive/32x fpga system with HDMI, an sd slot, and wifi. (Maybe for online store in Brazil?)

Now rejoice and make merry.

Last edited:

ReBurn

Gold Member
I'll have to keep an eye out in my local indie game store. They often import stuff from other countries and if they get this I'm buying one.

nial

She's finally real.
86jkU0r.jpeg

Bernardougf

First of all, of you have any idea what it would be like to import something like this to the US, please share. Let me know if I have to cut off my leg or anything.

This is a mega drive/32x fpga system with HDMI, an sd slot, and wifi. (Maybe for online store in Brazil?)

The Real is dirty cheap compared to the Dollar... so you probably would have NO money problems importing... you should check other things as plug compatibility and voltages .... if you can find someone here to do it for you i think it would be really simple ... just make sure is someone you can thrust. Brasil is no joke with scams.

Sorcerer

Yeah right, they couldn't even be bothered to Photoshop their logo on to the Neptune photo straight.
This company is getting so much crap for this, I'm sure its just a sticker on a prototype someone did not realize was not straight. This company has an amazing looking Neo Geo consolized MVS. It seems like they really know what they are doing.

Last edited:

acm2000

This company is getting so much crap for this, I'm sure its just a sticker on a prototype someone did not realize was not straight. This company has an amazing looking Neo Geo consolized MVS. It seems like they really know what they are doing.
thats some perspex cut out with an mvs mobo chucked inside, hardly the same as a full FPGA based system in a custom made neptune case.

Sorcerer

thats some perspex cut out with an mvs mobo chucked inside, hardly the same as a full FPGA based system in a custom made neptune case.
I respectfully say I was not aware of this. It just looks cool. But I will take my lumps if my comment was dumb. LOL!!!

RoboFu

One of the green rats
I want one for my genesis collection. It's fpga but it has modern I/O . O just hope the sound is correct that's the biggest issue with genesis emulators and why I still play on a real genesis.

Sorcerer

As a Sega fan, I wonder what it must be like living in Brazil and just having that much Sega around, kind of pretending they never left the console business. I can walk into a retail location and just find Sega 24/7? It sounds like a dream, but I wonder what the reality of it is?

Last edited:

Sorcerer

I do have limits. I don't know how that could possibly be, though.
I saw someone mention (perhaps on reddit) that the Gamescare Neo Geo MVS have would work out to 2000 when shipped to the US. Not sure how accurate it was. I tried for a goof to add something to my cart, firstly it's all Brazilian understandably, second it seems every single item they have is out of stock anyway. I guess they have no system in place for shipping outside Brazil, so it might be expensive to get a third party to get a hold of one and ship it over. Just my guess.

Last edited:

Crayon

I saw someone mention (perhaps on reddit) that the Neo Geo MVS they have would work out to 2000 when shipped to the US. Not sure how accurate it was. I tried for a goof to add something to my cart, firstly it's all Brazilian understandably, second it seems every single item they have is out of stock anyway. I guess they have no system in place for shipping outside Brazil, so it might be expensive to get a third party to get a hold of one and ship it over. Just my guess.

Well I don't want to move to Brazil right now so we gotta figure this out. Bernardougf said towards to top that it might not be that hard.

Last edited:

Azelover

Titanic was called the Ship of Dreams, and it was. It really was.
If they can do 32X at this point, can't they do a Saturn?

Maybe this is emulation based? If not then, please TecToy, give us the Saturn! I promise I will buy it!!

SF Kosmo

Al Jazeera Special Reporter
First of all, if you have any idea what it would be like to import something like this to the US, please share. Let me know if I have to cut off my leg or anything.

Probably a lot more import friendly than old Sega clones from Brazil thanks to being HDMI based. The PAL variant the old ones ran on was pretty tough.

That said there's still a chance this might run games in 50Hz mode by default or other annoyances, we'll have to see.

Top Bottom