• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

CNN: First charges filed in Mueller investigation

I just saw that Fox News says it will be Manafort with his eventual ties to Tony Podesta.
Tony is the Shemp of the Podestas

This is desperate wishful thinking by fox. If it was trump himself they would say it is just temporary, a plan is unfolding to get Obamas Kenya birth certificate.

Ombra

You must be pretty old to understand that ref :) I have no idea what Tony Podesta even does.
ol're n dirt! And yeah I keep hearing news sites mention his name with no details!

oh-boy.gif

Dirca

Is it happening? Tell me it's happening. I probably won't believe you anyways until I see fools in bracelets and jumpsuits.
Yeah, but it won't be on who most want bracelets to be on. "He"'s not going anywhere for the next 3 years.

OuterLimits

This is desperate wishful thinking by fox. If it was trump himself they would say it is just temporary, a plan is unfolding to get Obamas Kenya birth certificate.

While I agree it's wishful thinking, it was reported by NBC that Mueller was also looking at the Podesta Group.

While I think Manafort was shady as hell, it does seem the Podesta group perhaps also has its own problems as well when it comes to Russia.

On one hand, it's true he is ruining lives every second he breathes.

But on the other, his constant attention seeking was making me unproductive. I hate knowing I've missed out on a lot of sleep or pursuing other activities because I was following so many GAF threads were Trump said this or Trump said that.

Politics affects our lives but it's also important we look after our own first or else no one will gain the power to seriously challenge him because we're too busy reading his damn tweets.
That's your own fault, lol.

Just because the news is on here doesn't mean you HAVE to click on a thread and read it. You can easily ignore it.

PJV3

It's a shame it isn't Bannon, he's right at the top of my shit list, but i doubt he needs any illegal help being there.

I've noticed that most respectable news agencies are predicting that Manafort and Tony Podesta are going to possibly be indicted. Meanwhile over in wing nut land Fox and Brietbart keep mentioning the Podesta brothers in a desperate attempt to involve John Podesta and his ties with Hillary. As far as I know John has nothing to do with all of this.

While I agree it's wishful thinking, it was reported by NBC that Mueller was also looking at the Podesta Group.

While I think Manafort was shady as hell, it does seem the Podesta group perhaps also has its own problems as well when it comes to Russia.

Yea I wouldn't underestimate this, especially with last week's revelations on payments for the dossier that he previously denied.

JordanN

Banned
That's your own fault, lol.

Just because the news is on here doesn't mean you HAVE to click on a thread and read it. You can easily ignore it.

What made Trump so unavoidable even next to the likes of George Dubya was that he was always injecting himself in everyones affairs, no matter how negative it made him look.

It wasn't even politics his name was associated with. He also has to get involved in the NFL's business, or the boy scouts, and remind people why he's such an a-hole.

TheStranjer

Neo Member
It's pretty up in the air who will be indicted. I'd go as far as to say that it's up in the air if anybody will be indicted. It's my general impression that whenever I hear about how something big is going to happen in the next few days or weeks, it always amounts to a big nothing. I realize that Mueller isn't just some wacko with a Twitter account, but still. The Internet has made me very skeptical; "I'll believe it when I see it."

Ombra

It's political if the criminal is in politics, so hopefully this gets locked.

You just can't separate the two.
Keep up with the mod comments there aee a couple in this thread, and stop backseat moderating, you're only being annoying as fuck.

Glad to see that these threads are being made, even if it's likely to be locked.

Also it's probably Manafort or Flynn. Stone's twitter meltdown and ban suggests he knows it's someone bad at least.

Glad to see that these threads are being made, even if it's likely to be locked.

Also it's probably Manafort or Flynn. Stone's twitter meltdown and ban suggests he knows it's someone bad at least.

It's Crazy to consider that nobody can reliably guess who it might be from a list of people as long as your arm. All with smoke coming off the top of their heads from actions over the last 24 months. If any one of them was arrested tomorrow nobody would be like "what!" Instead everyone would say oh ok, yeah. No surprise.

Kimawolf

It's Crazy to consider that nobody can reliably guess who it might be from a list of people as long as your arm. All with smoke coming off the top of their heads from actions over the last 24 months. If any one of them was arrested tomorrow nobody would be like "what!" Instead everyone would say oh ok, yeah. No surprise.

That says a lot about the current administration. I feel that when we look back on this, it will be A LOT of people who will come out apologizing/saying they just were going along with it. This will really change things politically for both parties I believe.

What we have seen is a complete ignoring of social norms, political norms and just common sense. There is no way things can be the same going forward.

Some more left field ideas beyond the boring 'manafort in a condo with tax evasion" story

A) he indicts one or more Russians. This makes trumps job of ending the investigation much harder
B) it's not a white collar bust - as that is done with the guys lawyer a week in advance - but more akin to a mob takedown.
C) it might be a underwhelming and this will cause a backlash from trump and depression among people who are counting on some massive event. The investigation could go on for another year and this could be just the first stirring in public.
D) kushner. It might be kushner. Ivankas birthday is 30th October. How embarrassing.

And from the right..
It's just manafort and podestas brother because Ukraine and this is gonna (somehow) lead to Clinton and obama.

Tevious

It's being reported now that it's Paul Manafort. We don't know why yet. There may also be at least one more indictment to be revealed later today.

D

Deleted member 1235

Unconfirmed Member
well, there it is.

Manafort and someone called gates who is a business associate.

I guess my dream of it being Ivanka was just waaay to much hilarity to hope for. I thought possibly Kushner as a wild outside chance.

Ah well. Enjoy yourself trump.

rezuth

well, there it is.

Manafort and someone called gates who is a business associate.

I guess my dream of it being Ivanka was just waaay to much hilarity to hope for. I thought possibly Kushner as a wild outside chance.

Ah well. Enjoy yourself trump.

Well this is just the start.

Kimawolf

U.S. v. Paul J. Manafort, Jr., and Richard W. Gates III (1:17-cr-201, District of Columbia)
Paul J. Manafort, Jr., of Alexandria, Va., and Richard W. Gates III, of Richmond, Va., have been indicted by a federal grand jury on Oct. 27, 2017, in the District of Columbia. The indictment contains 12 counts: conspiracy against the United States, conspiracy to launder money, unregistered agent of a foreign principal, false and misleading FARA statements, false statements, and seven counts of failure to file reports of foreign bank and financial accounts. The case was unsealed on Oct. 30, 2017, after the defendants were permitted to surrender themselves to the custody of the FBI.

https://www.justice.gov/sco

Damn they are not kidding!

otake

Doesn't know that "You" is used in both the singular and plural
Timing is off.

Tax plan is moving forward and the same time the first indictments come out....

In a way, I hope this is the last of this. While I don't like Trump, I don't wish to have an administration full of corruption and key people indicted.

Betty

Banned
Timing is off.

Tax plan is moving forward and the same time the first indictments come out....

In a way, I hope this is the last of this. While I don't like Trump, I wish to have an administration full of corruption and key people indicted.

This is barely the beginning.

Top Bottom