• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Cobra Kai Season 6 | Date Announcement | Netflix

Fbh

Finished part 1.
The acting from anyone under the age of 40 is still awful, the writing can still be a bit cringy and somehow the production values and set design still look like a low budget student project.
Loved it, can't wait for the other 2 parts.

Bringing in a bunch of asian actors, all of whom probably did martial arts since infancy, is gonna elevate the fights but hope the regulars can keep up.

Yeah there was a stark contrast in the few fights scenes we got from them vs everyone else. Hopefully the editors and stunt people can make it so it looks at least somewhat believable when the main characters beat them.
The only legitimately disappointing part of this season so far is that the fight scenes somehow feel worse? It's like the kids didn't do much to stay in shape and they have to use more camera tricks and cuts to make the fights look decent. Like Sam gained considerable weight and I'm supposed to believe she is in her best shape ever and is a world class fighter.

jason10mm

Gold Member
Yeah there was a stark contrast in the few fights scenes we got from them vs everyone else. Hopefully the editors and stunt people can make it so it looks at least somewhat believable when the main characters beat them.
The only legitimately disappointing part of this season so far is that the fight scenes somehow feel worse? It's like the kids didn't do much to stay in shape and they have to use more camera tricks and cuts to make the fights look decent. Like Sam gained considerable weight and I'm supposed to believe she is in her best shape ever and is a world class fighter.
Yeah, that's just the deal with actors. Cobra Kai is a role to them, not necessarily a lifestyle, so whether or not they really embrace martials arts and training isn't relevant. Mary Mouser is almost THIRTY, maybe she is having kids between seasons? And while CK is the only thing she seems to have going on, I doubt hard core MMA training is a part of her contract or a particular interest to her. She has no sex scenes or much that really requires her to be in good shape, the wardrobe team does an ok job.

Tanner Buchanan (Robby) and especially Peyton List (Tory) seem more focused on physique and athletics but even they look more "GQ model" than a fighter.

Fbh

Yeah, that's just the deal with actors. Cobra Kai is a role to them, not necessarily a lifestyle, so whether or not they really embrace martials arts and training isn't relevant. Mary Mouser is almost THIRTY, maybe she is having kids between seasons? And while CK is the only thing she seems to have going on, I doubt hard core MMA training is a part of her contract or a particular interest to her. She has no sex scenes or much that really requires her to be in good shape, the wardrobe team does an ok job.

Tanner Buchanan (Robby) and especially Peyton List (Tory) seem more focused on physique and athletics but even they look more "GQ model" than a fighter.

Yeah I mean to each their own. They might have other stuff going on that prevents them from staying in shape (like you said, maybe a pregnancy or something).
I still sort of find it weird, staying in shape is literally part of their job and many people manage to do so while working on something completely unrelated

Top Bottom