• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Coffee and Cigarettes (Jarmusch movie)

Status
Not open for further replies.

sefskillz

shitting in the alley outside your window
So it finally opened here last Friday and I got around to seeing it last night. I loved the hell out of this movie and had an absolute blast with most of the scenes. For those not in the know, this is the new Jim Jarmusch movie (Stranger than Paradise, Ghost Dog, Down by Law) and consists of several scenes that take place in coffee shops etc with people just sitting around talking, smoking cigarettes and drinking coffee. The segments have been filmed over the last 17 years or so.

Highlights for me:

Steve Coogan and Alfred Molina was probably the funniest
Cate Blanchett, drinking and smoking with herself, this one was great
RZA/GZA/Bill Murray, awesome awesome awesome
Renee, she's beautiful
Tom Waits/Iggy Pop, tom waits rules

There was only one I really didn't enjoy but I still appreciated it. I loved it and hopefully I'll get a chance to see it again before it leaves the theatre here.

http://www.coffeeandcigarettesmovie.com/

mattx5

Yeah, it's been playing here in Montreal for awhile, I've been meaning to check it out.

Which segment did you not enjoy, the one with Jack and Meg?

sefskillz

shitting in the alley outside your window
I did enjoy the Meg/Jack skit because of the dialogue and theres a few funny bits. The one I just didn't enjoy very much was with two French black guys and it just kind of drags on with the conversation never really going anywhere. I see what Jarmusch was getting at, I just didn't enjoy it. I don't want to spoil anything so I'll just leave it at that.

I found it annoying and smug a lot of the time. HA HA RZA AND BILL MURRAY, IT IS FRESH PRINCE OF BEL AIRE-ESQUE HILARITY! I liked Iggy Pop and Cate Blanchett though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom