• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

College Football 2013 |Week 8| The best X-loss teams in the nation

squicken

woooow looked like louisville had it

yaaaaaaaay UCF

1. Disdain for TheNatural
2. One less undefeated team
3. Always had a softspot for UCF (play as them in my build up a team dynasty) and GoldenEye is good people

Works for me. Good for UCF. Glad for darkside

Lonestar

I joined for Erin Brockovich discussion
I still want an Alabama/UCF game. I remember...

looking for schadenfreude, and I realize, Louisville lost to a team that doesn't have a SBNation Blog site :(

Lonestar

Louisville's blog's notes on UCF:

Notes

George O'Leary is a liar.
George O'leary had a player die under his watch and obviously didn't care.
UCF is ridiculously uninteresting. That's all I really know about them.

2 out of 3 ain't bad!

Opponent breakdown!!!!!!
That’s exactly whats going to happen today..52-3..I know people thinks it’s going to be a close game but, UFC has not faced a team like ours this year or ever!..Teddy’s going to throw 6 TDs today and 1 run TD..The d is going to get 5 sacks and 2 int today…I watch a lot of movies..so I know what I’m talking about!

Lonestar

pick.jpg

Timmy's preseason National Championship/Top 10 picks ;D

lol at the amount of Louisville hate in this thread. Understand everyone cheers on an upset. What a horrible 2nd half, forcing the run game, playing prevent 80% of the time. UCF capitalized on every mistake we made, great 2nd half by their entire team. Going into this game I knew this was the one game this year that could go very badly for us. Strong teams continue to insist to play down to their competition, meanwhile UCF plays up to theirs.

As much disdain I have for UCF and their coach, have to give props where its due. Now we have to see how the conference plays out and hope they get 2 conference losses under their belt. I think Houston could be one, Rutgers could be one, but yeah looks like UCF will likely be getting the automatic bid.

I thought a forfeit score was 2-0.

Me too but maybe the SWAC does it differently. SWAC schools are technically FCS schools but for whatever reason choose not to be included in FCS playoff selections, so they have their own SWAC championship. A SWAC game would be more entertaining if the result was decided solely by the performance of their bands.

Yaboosh

Super Sleuth
lol at the amount of Louisville hate in this thread. Understand everyone cheers on an upset. What a horrible 2nd half, forcing the run game, playing prevent 80% of the time. UCF capitalized on every mistake we made, great 2nd half by their entire team. Going into this game I knew this was the one game this year that could go very badly for us. Strong teams continue to insist to play down to their competition, meanwhile UCF plays up to theirs.

As much disdain I have for UCF and their coach, have to give props where its due. Now we have to see how the conference plays out and hope they get 2 conference losses under their belt. I think Houston could be one, Rutgers could be one, but yeah looks like UCF will likely be getting the automatic bid.

Your team made a really poor first impression tonight by taunting an unconscious player. And also nobody likes marginal teams having an opportunity to run the table with easy schedules. Having an undefeated Louisville team in the talks for the national championship game would have been really annoying.

Man, like someone mentioned, UCF beat Penn State, gave SCe all they could handle and now this, they're gonna be like #19 next week.

Your team made a really poor first impression tonight by taunting an unconscious player. And also nobody likes marginal teams having an opportunity to run the table with easy schedules. Having an undefeated Louisville team in the talks for the national championship game would have been really annoying.

to be fair, i have been at work and didnt get to see any of the first half, so ill reserve my comment on that until i see the replay, if it was taunting then there is no place for it, if it was cheering a defensive player getting a big hit then thats football, thats the nature of the game, of course as a defensive player i probably view the game differently then any of the offensive players i ever got a good hit on

Yaboosh

Super Sleuth
to be fair, i have been at work and didnt get to see any of the first half, so ill reserve my comment on that until i see the replay, if it was taunting then there is no place for it, if it was cheering a defensive player getting a big hit then thats football, thats the nature of the game, of course as a defensive player i probably view the game differently then any of the offensive players i ever got a good hit on

He might not have been knocked out but he got that arm thing players get when knocked out.

as far as the schedule goes, again we tried to schedule alabama, texas a & m and recently found out also georgia again after they backed out of our game last year. We would have loved to be playing FSU, Clemson, Miami, and Notre Dame this year but we were forced into this shamble of a conference for a year.

On the flip side of the coin, every fanbase that doesn't chant S-E-C in the country should have been furious that LSU jumped to #5 last week but for the most part people ignore the constant SEC love every team in the top half of that conference gets regardless of the product they put on the field.

The playoff next year will help, but only because it will eventually lead to an 8 team playoff. A 4 team playoff will still be a joke, and the reveal of who is on the selection committee further solidifies that. I don't want this to come across as a "us vs them" rant or traditional power conference hate rant. It's just a shame the most popular college sport, and my favorite sport (college basketball is a close 2nd) dictates its champion on the basis of popularity. Probably sounds like sour grapes, look I know we had our chance and blew it, nobody to blame but ourselves.

As far as the Louisville haters, stay hungry. Jurich isn't going anywhere, Strong isn't going anywhere, Pitino isn't going anywhere. To see how this program has grown first hand is remarkable, and we are far from stopping any time soon, so continue to hate and ill continue to be that kid from the south end projects of Louisville that grows prouder and prouder of our program year after year.

Hopefully that wasn't too "TheNatural". Not sure what he did to rub everyone the wrong way, granted I haven't posted as much in the last couple of years.

chaosblade

Unconfirmed Member
On the flip side of the coin, every fanbase that doesn't chant S-E-C in the country should have been furious that LSU jumped to #5 last week but for the most part people ignore the constant SEC love every team in the top half of that conference gets regardless of the product they put on the field.

The product they put on the field? I'd say LSU probably has the best odds to win the conference this year. There are plenty of things to complain about with the rankings and SEC, but I don't think LSU right now is a one of them.

as far as the schedule goes, again we tried to schedule alabama, texas a & m and recently found out also georgia again after they backed out of our game last year. We would have loved to be playing FSU, Clemson, Miami, and Notre Dame this year but we were forced into this shamble of a conference for a year.

The playoff next year will help, but only because it will eventually lead to an 8 team playoff. A 4 team playoff will still be a joke, and the reveal of who is on the selection committee further solidifies that. I don't want this to come across as a "us vs them" rant or traditional power conference hate rant. It's just a shame the most popular college sport, and my favorite sport (college basketball is a close 2nd) dictates its champion on the basis of popularity. Probably sounds like sour grapes, look I know we had our chance and blew it, nobody to blame but ourselves.

As far as the Louisville haters, stay hungry. Jurich isn't going anywhere, Strong isn't going anywhere, Pitino isn't going anywhere. To see how this program has grown first hand is remarkable, and we are far from stopping any time soon, so continue to hate and ill continue to be that kid from the south end projects of Louisville that grows prouder and prouder of our program year after year.

Hopefully that wasn't too "TheNatural". Not sure what he did to rub everyone the wrong way, granted I haven't posted as much in the last couple of years.

No. You will not trash the American Athletic Conference. Not after tonight. You failed to dominate it like you failed to dominate the Big East. You have no room to bitch about any schedule. Period.

I think most intelligent CFB fans have given up on getting angry over LSU being ridiculously over rated year and year out. They rise up to the top 10 and avoid falling out of it every year despite constantly barely winning games against mediocre SEC teams. They may be the single biggest beneficiary of the SEC Media bias.

Jay Sosa

(FRI) UCF @ Louisville by
Texas Tech @ West Virginia by 1
TCU @ Oklahoma State by 6
Florida @ Missouri by 2
Iowa @ Ohio State by 17
Auburn @ Texas A&M by 5
UCLA @ Stanford by 1
Maryland @ Wake Forest by 6
Duke @ Virginia by 9
Washington @ Arizona State by 3
USC @ Notre Dame by 3