• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

College Football 2015 Week Six Thread: Auburn is a Weird Place

In all fairness, that was a road game in Pullman. He's just trying to fit in with the locals.

Player on last year's #USC team claims Sarkisian drank bottle of Patron Tequila after Notre Dame game at Coliseum in 2014"

A witness tells me Patron Tequila was also Sarkisian drink of choice in locker room following #USC Holiday Bowl victory over Nebraska

I don't think this was a one time thing.

Monroeski

Unconfirmed Member
Code:
 Sports Information Director's Poll
RANK	TEAM	       RECORD	POINTS	1ST 	PREV	CHANGE	HI/LOW

1	Ohio State	6-0	1547	47	1	0	1/1
2	Baylor	5-0	1463	8	4	2	2/5
3	Texas Christian	6-0	1441	5	2	-1	2/3
4	Michigan State	6-0	1358	1	3	-1	2/6
5	Louisiana State	5-0	1288	1	5	0	5/15
6	Clemson	5-0	1245	0	6	0	6/12
7	Utah	5-0	1239	1	7	0	7/NR
8	Florida State	5-0	1080	0	8	0	6/9
9	Alabama	5-1	1052	0	10	1	2/13
10	Texas A&M	5-0	1028	0	11	1	10/NR
11	Florida	6-0	1001	0	12	1	11/NR
12	Mississippi	5-1	837	0	13	1	5/15
13	Notre Dame	5-1	786	0	15	2	7/15
14	Michigan	5-1	760	0	21	7	14/NR
15	Oklahoma State	6-0	689	0	19	4	15/NR
16	Stanford	4-1	677	0	18	2	16/NR
17	Iowa	6-0	525	0	23	6	17/NR
18	UCLA	4-1	466	0	20	2	10/20
19	Oklahoma	4-1	432	0	9	-10	9/19
20	Boise State	5-1	321	0	24	4	20/NR
21	Northwestern	5-1	242	0	14	-7	14/NR
22	Memphis	5-0	185	0	25	3	22/NR
23	California	5-1	174	0	22	-1	22/NR
24	Duke	5-1	154	0	27	3	24/NR
25	Toledo	5-0	149	0	29	4	25/NR

Others Receiving Votes
Houston 75; Temple 71; Georgia 61; Arizona State 33; Mississippi State 21; Wisconsin 20; Kentucky 13; Kansas State 
11; Penn State 6; Southern California 4; [B]Texas 4[/B]; Texas Tech 4; West Virginia 3; North Carolina 3; Navy 2;
 Washington 2; Tennessee 1; Illinois 1; Arizona 1.
*Hi/Low Rankings

lol

I knew I should have made that post last night about how we should all take a shot for each vote Texas got once the polls were released.

Lonestar

I joined for Erin Brockovich discussion
:lol, Beilema to check to see if obesity counts as a disability in Arkansas

it's not, else 1/3rd of the state's population would be on disability

Yaboosh

Super Sleuth
But if they determine his lack of performance is due to his alcoholism disease, isn't he still protected?

All of the sudden every coach in California starts pounding beers.

In all seriousness, no way does alcoholism prevent you from being fired for performance related reasons. That would be silly.

Kessler is good. Don't let your hate blind you.

What isn't good is calling 2-man routes against a 7-man drop. Kessler can't do much when the coaches set him up to fail.

So I only heard about Sark this morning and it probably has contributed to USC, and hence Kessler, losing a few games I have bet on them over the last year or so.

I hope Sark makes a full recovery, but he owes me probably $200 in lost bets since he has been coach of USC while he was drunk.

Doubt it. Alcoholism aside, they can fire him for lack of performance. Wouldn't be hard.

All of the sudden every coach in California starts pounding beers.

In all seriousness, no way does alcoholism prevent you from being fired for performance related reasons. That would be silly.

Typically you can't fire somebody while they are out on disability for any reason. So I guess it depends how long his recovery takes.

Yaboosh

Super Sleuth
Typically you can't fire somebody while they are out on disability for any reason. So I guess it depends how long his recovery takes.

Yes, but if he sucks at his job, is drunk on the job, or anything you would fire anybody else for, he can be fired even if he is an alcoholic. You cant fire him simply for being an alcoholic, and you can't fire someone for seeking treatment.

Yes, but if he sucks at his job, is drunk on the job, or anything you would fire anybody else for, he can be fired even if he is an alcoholic. You cant fire him simply for being an alcoholic, and you can't fire someone for seeking treatment.

yeah that's it.

Surely, if he admits to being drunk while at work, they have sufficient grounds to fire him.

Anyone know how much longer his contract is for?

I suppose he wouldn't admit to being drunk on the job so he can keep his paycheck. What a dick.

So I only heard about Sark this morning and it probably has contributed to USC, and hence Kessler, losing a few games I have bet on them over the last year or so.

I hope Sark makes a full recovery, but he owes me probably $200 in lost bets since he has been coach of USC while he was drunk.

:jnc

Lonestar

I joined for Erin Brockovich discussion
I know one thing.

People didn't give 2 shits about it, if (and when) Pat Dye and Bear Bryant had themselves a little bit of hooch in their system. West Coast is Least Coast. Roll Tahd Pawl.

Calamari41

41 > 38
Man, it's really sad to hear what's going on with Sark. The rumors were always there but Heritage Hall kept things way under wraps it seems. He needs to leave of his own volition and take care of himself. I've had a lot of bad things to say about him this season, but it sounds like a lot of it has been beyond his control. I've learned to not be so quick to harshly judge in frustration as I did with Sark.

This has to be the end of Haden, though. We are on our third emergency interim head coach in three years. Well, two of them have been Helton, so I guess we're still only on the second. He's an all-time Trojan great, but he just doesn't seem to be the guy for the job.

cashman

Banned
They'll most likely have Sark "resign" by the end of the season and just get a new coach for next season. Maybe they'll correct the mistake they made last time and hire Sumlin. He's a proven winner with other coaches recruited talent.

Calamari41

41 > 38
Helton is definitely our man until the bowl games have been played. A lot of people are talking about Tom Herman. We'll see where that talk stands at the end of the year... Whoever we get will have to be a straight-up poaching, the boosters aren't going to settle for another cast-off.

Helton is definitely our man until the bowl games have been played. A lot of people are talking about Tom Herman. We'll see where that talk stands at the end of the year... Whoever we get will have to be a straight-up poaching, the boosters aren't going to settle for another cast-off.

Chip Kelly if he's available.

Limedust

Fun facts:

- Alabama’s opponents have scored 40 percent of their points off turnovers.
- Alabama now faces three consecutive teams that have open dates before playing Alabama.

Yipee!

ESPN's "Football Power Index"
1 Baylor (5-0)
2 TCU (6-0)
3 Alabama (5-1)
4 Ole Miss (5-1)
5 USC (3-2)
6 Texas A&M (5-0)
7 LSU (5-0)

lololololololol

ag-my001

They really need to share how that's calculated. Not the exact formula, but at least what's taken into account.

I can still see Alabama in the top whatever, but not Ole Miss.

Edit: completely missed USC on there.

:jnc

Is it just me or is college football final fucking awful now? I used to watch the show every Saturday night, now its awful.

edit: I should clarify it was awful for a whole different reason before, but at lest i coudl watch it and get the days highlights and listen to the stupid shit Mark and Lou said. Now I cant even bother to watch it because its boring.

Top Bottom