• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

College Football 2016 Week One: UCLA MEGATHREAD

Status
Not open for further replies.
I mean, one of their user names is "War Eagle."
I thought you were talking about in the community thread and not here.

So baylor's dog beating WR is listed first on the depth chart for week 1.
Shocked.gif

The fact that institutional rape doesn't warrant the death penalty.

Hope they lose every game in perpetuity.
I'm pretty sure that will happen soon

Per policy, the dog has been kicked out of school.
Damn

This is the guy btw

CrC9_6IUkAE27UG.jpg:large
Classy

Lunar15

SEC Football + NASCAR speedway + potentially dangerous electrical work might be the most southern thing I can possibly think of.

mre

Golden Domers are chickenshit!!
Temporary? That is a permanent fixture :)

edit: Where are the week 0 pickem results?
gone like a fart in the wind. The first week results weren't going to count any way, and now we're doing Karl's system instead.

Yaboosh

Super Sleuth
: J N C

Fuck Skynyrd. Wish the plane crash had been in '73.

How dare you besmirch the Jacksonville natives who for whatever reason made a song about home in Alabama.

Maybe they got confused because of Jacksonville Alabama.

But seriously Skynyrd sucks.

I don't understand the stadium picture. Like I guess the scoreboard will be raised higher? Otherwise all the punts would hit it! Seems like a mess. And of course everyone is so far away from the field.

Lonestar

I joined for Erin Brockovich discussion
It is. It's one of the two half-mile tracks, with the rest being bigger. If Bristol's track was a perfect circle (it isn't), and the same was true of Talladega (the largest track, at 2.66 miles), Bristol would fit inside Talladega 28 times.

The more you know.™

BWPC-BpCEAAjsSa.png

BWPElVtCEAAKMaX.jpg

BWPJnZSCUAA9Gm6.jpg

Which lead me to make this 3 years ago:
I gave them Talladega's Uber-American Weekend

7iDDR9C.jpg

Tickets are available for $125,000 each!

Chris R

I don't understand the stadium picture. Like I guess the scoreboard will be raised higher? Otherwise all the punts would hit it! Seems like a mess. And of course everyone is so far away from the field.
It's higher than the cowboys jumbotron. Shouldn't be an issue. Seating sucks but whatever. Have fun getting shit faced and being part of the biggest cfb crowd ever?

Lonestar

I joined for Erin Brockovich discussion
Alabama vs. Auburn in Talladega. Make it happen.

I'm not sure there would be anybody left anywhere else in the state.

could you imagine if they built something like 6 football fields, all grouped together, and had 6 games going on at the same time. Finally, they'd bring the home experience to a football Mega-Stadium near you!

Should I take out a second mortgage on my home to bet on Clemson or should I just put all of my savings on it? Or both? I don't care what the spread is at this point.

This won't affect me because I don't carry bags into stadium, but anyone else's school implement NFL-style clear bag policies?

Can't wait to hear the freak outs and disappointments this Saturday in Orlando.

The terrorists have clearly won, btw.

War Eagle

Should I take out a second mortgage on my home to bet on Clemson or should I just put all of my savings on it? Or both? I don't care what the spread is at this point.

Betting on Clemson is the smart thing to do. If we lost, you win money. If we win, HOLY FUCK WE BEAT CLEMSON AND THIS SEASON PROBABLY WON'T BE A DUMPSTER FIRE!

StoOgE

First tragedy, then farce.
This won't affect me because I don't carry bags into stadium, but anyone else's school implement NFL-style clear bag policies?

Texas sells beer now. Hallelujah

mre

Golden Domers are chickenshit!!

Bama switched to this policy, even for binocular cases.

Cyan

Banned
Can someone set up a script for me to pick Bama in all the pick em games so I don't have to do it manually.

LosDaddie

Banned
Game week means it's time to bring out Jimbo.

Hurry up and lose to Ole Miss and get the heartbreak out of the way early.

Here to plant my flag for the Fighting Lovies.

We're probably going to be 6-6 or thereabouts this year. And a bit worse next year. But after that? Straight to the top, baby!

Monroeski

Unconfirmed Member
Catch up time!

This got ECU's coach fired, right?

Hard to pin down what got Ruffin fired to a single moment, since him getting let go was unmitigated BS.

Missed prime joke opportunity to include non-Texas school in Texas state power rankings.

Shame.

Also, poor UTSA.

We could add out of state schools to the list that couldn't field even a G5 roster if they didn't get players from Texas, like every team in Oklahoma.

So baylor's dog beating WR is listed first on the depth chart for week 1.

KOxhMh7.gif

Skiesofwonder

Walruses, camels, bears, rabbits, tigers and badgers.
Go Vols!

I am doubtful that we live up to the hype, but I'm pretty confident that we finally get past Florida and enter October undefeated for the first time in a decade. Past that I see us slipping up against the Dogs or Aggies, and losing to Bama twice.

My wildest expectations is going into the SEC championship game 10-1 before falling short to Bama or LSU. I just don't believe Butch has a playoff run in him, but I would love to be proven wrong!

Edit: Week 1 is gonna be legit, so glad the fallout will start early this year.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom