• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

College Football 2016 Week One: UCLA MEGATHREAD

Status
Not open for further replies.
2gex7a.gif

ag-my001

Cut it and get vue, working perfectly for football so far.
No PlayStation (I think that's vue, right?). I'm hoping that when 3rd party cable boxes become a thing, there will be more options for streaming boxes. The perfect option would be something on the NX, as I tend to go every other gen for Nintendo.

Now to see how good Houston is at running clock.

Tanolen

No PlayStation (I think that's vue, right?). I'm hoping that when 3rd party cable boxes become a thing, there will be more options for streaming boxes. The perfect option would be something on the NX, as I tend to go every other gen for Nintendo.

Don't need a playstation, works on Amazon fire, chromecast and roku.

clav

Problem with Vue is pricing, so it doesn't really solve the cord cutting problem.

Sling is doing a better job at why people are cord cutting, but someone should do more.

Are you really "cutting the cord" when you turn around and sign up for SlingTV or Vue? In the case of the former, you're literally giving that money to Dish. I've tested all of them at work, and it seems like you're paying the same amount as cable for inferior quality.

BTM

wtf just happened there WMU. Just threw a fumble that would have been a touchback and WMU ball back into play for a possible NW touchdown

JK, it's a touchback. Dude was barely out of bounds

Adding cable to my Internet is basically the same price.
Who is your provider? Call them up if you don't have service and tell them you're trying to decide between PS Vue, Sling and Direct TV. Tell them if they can make you a good offer, you'll go with them. They can probably get you in something cheap.

That's what I did with Time Warner. I ended up with 50 meg, 2 DVRs, sports package, wifi, and 2 home phone lines (I use them for my business) for $150 a month, taxes included.

Ya... thats the real catch. And frankly a set top box and remote are easier to flip between channels with reliability than a streaming service.

Yeah, if there's one thing I've learned working at HBO, is that the cable companies are going to make it costly and inefficient to really cut the cord.

jstevenson

Sailor Stevenson
The insanity just now in the NW game was nuts.

Fumble into end zone that W Michigan player tried to throw back in bounds but stepped out just before he could for a touchback.

Otherwise was an illegal forward pass from the defense in their own end zone that would've been a safety, but NW holding would've offset it

clav

The insanity just now in the NW game was nuts.

Fumble into end zone that W Michigan player tried to throw back in bounds but stepped out just before he could for a touchback.

Otherwise was an illegal forward pass from the defense in their own end zone that would've been a safety, but NW holding would've offset it

Whatever.

Maybe the team will see coaching changes after this season.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom