• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

College Football 2016 Week Twelve: Why bother? Just give tOSU the trophy.

Kacar

I'll save the playoff discussions for if we beat Michigan.

Always a relief to get past Dino and Sparty, its never easy against them.

jstevenson

Sailor Stevenson
that probably pours cold water on Ohio State getting to the playoff without winning it's division.

Not extinguishing it, cause everyone else may still lose, but didn't help their case

tebunker

Banned
arguably the best resume of any team.

I'd argue for the one loss teams yes. Except that right now a lot those teams get one more game. Hell anOsu can still get in the BIG champs so this is kind of a moot point.

Championship games have shown that the committee have wide chamges of heart. Not saying it's right just saying they cannot leave doubt in case they arent in the conf champs, and there is some kind of crazy blowout in a Conf Champ game that leaves them at 5.

Kacar

Y'all all look up the Yale Harvard student section photo please. Students getting kicked out cause they took ALL their clothes off. (There are only butts in the photo i saw)

that probably pours cold water on Ohio State getting to the playoff without winning it's division.

Not extinguishing it, cause everyone else may still lose, but didn't help their case

I don't think so. If anything, they'll get slotted at 4th behind the other conference champions. But they have to win next week for that to be relevant, and based on how they looked today, a win is questionable.

Lonestar

I joined for Erin Brockovich discussion
Why run a toss?! Just shove it down their throats! It's been working this whole drive.

Was looking like his 2009 offense, run it till you make them sick.

Just derped the toss, which didn't look that open.

Theyd get in over Wisconsin, unless head to head only matters when OSU is on the wrong side of it. They have a better overall resume than UW. Actually, in that scenario, I think OSU and Wisconsin both get in.

I can easily see washington getting left out in the cold.

jstevenson

Sailor Stevenson
OSU are in the playoffs if they beat Michigan and PSU wins out, simple as that.

mayyyybe.

Alabama wins out (IN)
PSU wins out
Clemson wins out (IN)
Washington wins out (IN - big wins over WSU, and either Colorado or USC)
West Virginia wins out (maybe)
Ohio State
Michigan loses to Indiana

Tough. WVU hasn't played anyone but would have a win over Oklahoma here late and would be a 1-loss conference champ. And then of course PSU would end with the big win over Wisconsin. I think it'd be close between tOSU/PSU/WVU for the last slot

Theyd get in over Wisconsin, unless head to head only matters when OSU is on the wrong side of it. They have a better overall resume than UW. Actually, in that scenario, I think OSU and Wisconsin both get in.

A conference champion with a win over a potential top 10 team?

tebunker

Banned
I can easily see washington getting left out in the cold.

I can too but we don't know how much Conf Championships count. You'd rather be playing that day than not.

Also there is no guarantee that Penn St beats MSU.

I can say that if the committee chooses a 1 loss conf champ over a 1 loss anOSU, I wouldn't find that too horrible.

Vanillalite

Ask me about the GAF Notebook
Welp UVA's backup QB sucks donkey balls so we won. Offense had some big plays, but we never seemed fully in rhythm. UVA sucks though so GT got the win.

I can too but we don't know how much Conf Championships count. You'd rather be playing that day than not.

Also there is no guarantee that Penn St beats MSU.

I can say that if the committee chooses a 1 loss conf champ over a 1 loss anOSU, I wouldn't find that too horrible.

Committee said this week that conf champ is not weighed anymore than the other factors, they said it will basically be used to settle a tie breaker if they feel both teams are equal. People putting a ton of weight on conf champs, when we had only 2 years of the playoff and only one example of it propelling someone.

And that team happened to be ohio state, aka $$$$$ to the inaugural playoff.

A conference champion with a win over a potential top 10 team? Yeah I don't think so.

Versus a team with three wins over top 10 teams, another over a top 20 team, where two of those wins weren't even remotely close? Plus, in that scenario, they'd have a win over a conference champion in Wisconsin, and potentially another one in Oklahoma.

Kacar

Does coach O do anything but motivate? Does he have a speciality in any particular side of the ball or position group? He's just a recruiter right?

Committee said this week that conf champ is not weighed anymore than the other factors, they said it will basically be used to settle a tie breaker if they feel both teams are equal. People putting a ton of weight on conf champs, when we had only 2 years of the playoff and only one example of it propelling someone.

And that team happened to be ohio state, aka $$$$$ to the inaugural playoff.

It'll be interesting to see. If it was still the BCS computer all the fatcats could just point to that & shrug. Now this shady non-transparent committee is directly responsible for selections. It's definitely a no-win scenario as it is.

Sparty game is @ Penn St.

Thankfully, I can't take anymore.

Kacar

Brent doesn't understand that LSU wants to score with no time left. Constantly complaining about LSU playing slow.

Lkr

Brent doesn't understand that LSU wants to score with no time left. Constantly complaining about LSU playing slow.

yea i don't get it, did Brent suffer a concussion? i normally don't associate him with being this dumb

Top Bottom