• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

College Football 2017 Week 6 |OT| It Just Means More (TM)

andycapps

Unpopular opinion: Chubb and Michel are the third best RB tandem in the SEC. But still damn impressive.
We play 5 RB's though in non garbage time. But who are 1 and 2 in your opinion? I don't necessarily disagree, just saying if the two of them were the only ones that played they'd be putting up ridiculous stats.

We play 5 RB's though in non garbage time. But who are 1 and 2 in your opinion? I don't necessarily disagree, just saying if the two of them were the only ones that played they'd be putting up ridiculous stats.

Oh, I'm not just going off stats. I know my eyes tell me those two are a fucking load. Alabama's got the best two starters in Harris and Scarbrough, and I actually think I'd give the nod to Williams and Ford at A&M for second. But at that point, I'm splitting hairs.

andycapps

Oh, I'm not just going off stats. I know my eyes tell me those two are a fucking load. Alabama's got the best two starters in Harris and Scarbrough, and I actually think I'd give the nod to Williams and Ford at A&M for second. But at that point, I'm splitting hairs.
I haven't watched much A&M so I can't say. Scarborough and Harris seeks reasonable though.

andycapps

Can we just praise Northwestern's run defense instead of criticizing Saquon?
I haven't been watching that game but Saquon is great. It's just that Penn State has nothing else and if Penn State plays any good defenses they will key on him and make Penn State get other people involved.

Can we just praise Northwestern's run defense instead of criticizing Saquon?

Point out the Saquon criticism. People are criticizing Penn State.

Then again, Saquon is Penn State's offense, so by that logic, criticizing Pedo State is going after Saquon.

I mean, Stanford's band is at least weird enough to do it. I think it would be great.

Stanford's band merely adapted to weird. Rice's was born it.

Weather and kickoff time couldn't be more perfect down in Texas today, Jesus.

"The alphabet has more W's than Baylor does." Shiiiiiiiiiiit

Well, I'll be damned.

I stand by what I said about it not mattering all that much where you end up. If the end result is the league, get where you're most comfortable and where you're confident you're gonna get the work and development. If you're the best, you'll get on the field. The league will find your relevant tape, whether it's 4 years worth or just 1. Look at the first QB taken this year.

I think the tape thing is important. Guys who don't put up enough tape for their flaws to be fully exposed do get drafted but they tend to wash out (ie Mark Sanchez), while guys who might go high with insufficient tape get exposed in college and then fall (ie Matt Barkley).

OTOH it is kinda proven that the NFL is fuck awful at evaluating quarterback prospects, relies far too much on outdated notions of prototypical size and body type, and the notion of "pro-style" offenses, which is ridiculous in an era when the best teams are cribbing from College and Arena Football.

ag-my001

There's also the whole thing of freshman (red shirt or otherwise) not starting much so they can grow and learn the system, but in the pros (when they tell us the game speeds up) rookie QBs are supposed to come in and change a franchise's fortunes.

Also, Vandy > Vols confirmed.

andycapps

There's also the whole thing of freshman (red shirt or otherwise) not starting much so they can grow and learn the system, but in the pros (when they tell us the game speeds up) rookie QBs are supposed to come in and change a franchise's fortunes.

Also, Vandy > Vols confirmed.
In the Vols defense, our defense was sleepwalking in the first half. I'd be interested to see Bill Connely's percentage breakdown of first half vs second half, but I don't know if he breaks it down that far.

People on College Gameday picked FSU to win? Have they watched FSU this year?

Only Herbie did. Even then, he basically admitted it was a leap of faith. I think Miami should be favored, but I honestly picked FSU in the pick em. Just a weird hunch.

Buckeye commit dared to tweet saying a backup should get a chance over Barrett and Herbie called him out on Twitter and doubled down on that week's Gameday.

Here you go.

What a dickhead.

Vandy getting first downs and scored? UGA'S A FRAUD

Ourobolus

Banned
Been a rough day with Barkley, what with our O-Line crumbling to Northwestern's pretty good rush defense. Finally got himself a TD though

Though Fisher getting ejected for targeting helped...

Does anyone else feel like yards come hard for their team's offense, but easy for their opponent's offense, or is it just Iowa?

They're secretly not good. They're one injury to Barkley of their season being over. He accounts for 80% of their offense. And they haven't played anyone. Yes, Iowa isn't anyone.
I'd love to be able argue, but no lies detected.

ag-my001

Exactly. My local Fox is showing Duke/UVA because the ACC still hasn't gotten its shit together.
Yeah, it's that stupid Raycom game that starts at 12:30. For me, it's on CBS, so I miss the start of the 3:30 game. Must stink more to miss an actual national game.

Top Bottom