• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

College Football Playoff Thread | Setting A Daggerous Precedent

Status
Not open for further replies.

Yaboosh

Super Sleuth
Holy false equivalency.

@injimbowetrust
If JW gets suspended for saying "Fuck her right in the pussy" then Oregon players should get suspended for chanting "No means no" on field

Why would you even post about some random twitter account? What is next, trying to use youtube comments to start a conversation?

Kusagari

A six team playoff would be fine with the top 2 getting byes.

You'll be hard pressed to see a year when even six teams have a valid argument, this year being a notable exception, and it would allow the entire P5 to get a team in.

Eyyyyy yoooooo

B6T-v11CQAAma9G.jpg

pa22word

pretty much. As it stands right now, a P5 conference champion gets shafted. More teams means more money for bowls, schools, networks and sponsors for an extra week of football. My completely uninformed opinion is we'll eventually see either an 8 team playoff or major conference realignment.
Honestly--taking for granted the current conference alignment stays as is--we should have at min. a 6 team playoff /w first round byes for 1/2 seeds based on power 5 conference winner champs and 1 at large, with seeding determined by rank. I mean I want 8 teams (3 at large and the power five champs), but considering how hard we had to fight for this woefully inadequate system, I'll take what I can get out of the ncaa.

Pimpwerx

Honestly--taking for granted the current conference alignment stays as is--we should have at min. a 6 team playoff /w first round byes for 1/2 seeds based on power 5 conference winner champs and 1 at large, with seeding determined by rank. I mean I want 8 teams (3 at large and the power five champs), but considering how hard we had to fight for this woefully inadequate system, I'll take what I can get out of the ncaa.
We'd either have to drop a regular season game or pay the players a purse. Given what we know about how hard the sport is on the human body, you can't just throw potentially 3 extra games at players. Guys like McCarron would be playing an NFL season each year. PEACE.

agreed on all accounts, but I can't help but scust @ the idea of byes in a playoff, just based off principle

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom