• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

College Football Playoff Thread | Setting A Daggerous Precedent

Status
Not open for further replies.

tokkun

How are the whatsits doing with Chip Kelly coaching?

Missed the playoffs this season, but finished 10-6, despite losing their QB and having to start Mark Sanchez halfway through the season. I think most people would say he has been a success.

mre

Golden Domers are chickenshit!!
We need Cloudy to come in and comment how it looks like FSU has this locked down now.

Balphon

Alright guys, if they can go into the locker room, make the right adjustments, come out and execute, I think the refs have a good chance in the second half.

Pimpwerx

Kid has a leg on him. I thought it was good.
That miss was due to aiming too. He kicks a clean, straight ball. If the ball was centered between the hashes, he might've had that. He'll be kicking on Sundays for sure. If crooked leg Sturgis got drafted, this Noles kicker definitely will. PEACE.

Not really. Bama's D is not nearly as good as you think it is. OSU actually stands a good chance of winning if Cardale Jomes plays just as well as in the last game against Wiscy.

They've got a decent chance if Cardale can just hit consistently on his deep passes (and, obviously, if someone on OSU actually catches them - hopefully Smith)

it'll help if the defense from the Wisky game shows up and not the defense from the previous four

chaosblade

Unconfirmed Member
Not really. Bama's D is not nearly as good as you think it is. OSU actually stands a good chance of winning if Cardale Jomes plays just as well as in the last game against Wiscy.

Run D is legit, secondary is... sketchy. OSU won't be able to win like they did against Wiscy because it's very unlikely that they will be able to rely on the run game, 12/17 passing is not going to beat Bama.

Probably because he is. Smaller, slower, weaker arm, and not really impressive in any area. His Heisman really was a lifetime achievement award. PEACE.

lol

Mariota hasn't impressed in the first half, but he was also extremely shaky against Arizona in the first half of the Pac-12 CCG. Let's hope he can improve in the 2nd half as he did last game.

Also, his WRs blow today. Broken routes, no focus, offensive holding, etc.

The FSU marching band:

Didn't march to their next formation between songs
Is wearing baseball hats
Is using flip folders

These guys are sub Stanford tier.

Balphon

lol

Mariota hasn't impressed in the first half, but he was also extremely shaky against Arizona in the first half of the Pac-12 CCG. Let's hope he can improve in the 2nd half as he did last game.

We'll see. Doesn't help that Allen went out on yet another non-contact knee injury before the first offensive snap.

Pimpwerx

lol

This was a good laugh.
I'm going to laugh at whoever drafts him in the first. I know everyone wants to get the next great QB, but Mariota isn't that. Hell, the biggest indicator is that he's still in school despite being on such a prolific program posting such great numbers. Dude pretty much has bust written all over him, though I think he'll fair better than Manziel. The NFL is just a different beast, and of the current QBs this year, Winston might still be best of the bunch. PEACE.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom