• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

College Football Thread - "Whoa, Nellie"

Topher

Gold Member
Auburn grad here. All I can say is....

praise him steve harvey GIF

Topher

Gold Member
War Eagle! (didn't graduate from there but I'm a Auburn fan)

Also, they're celebrating down on campus lol

War Eagle brother! Yeah, I saw that on the Toomer's corner camera earlier.

What part of Alabama do you live in? I'm in Atlanta area now, but I grew up in Montgomery.

War Eagle brother! Yeah, I saw that on the Toomer's corner camera earlier.

What part of Alabama do you live in? I'm in Atlanta area now, but I grew up in Montgomery.

About an hour north of Tuscaloosa. I did live in Tuscaloosa for a while, but ended up back here. Just can't seem to escape :messenger_grinning_sweat:

Topher

Gold Member
About an hour north of Tuscaloosa. I did live in Tuscaloosa for a while, but ended up back here. Just can't seem to escape :messenger_grinning_sweat:

Ah...you live behind enemy lines! lol. I have family up in Jasper actually so probably not too far from you. My dad is from Winfield, Alabama.

Topher

Gold Member
I lived in Winfield for a few years too (I was actually born there). Fayette is where I grew up and am still stuck at.

lol....it is a small world my friend. When I visited my grandmother in Winfield, we used to drive up to a place to eat in Fayette. Can't remember what it was called. Many moons ago.

Topher

Gold Member
Looks like Kalen DeBoer, head coach of the Washington Huskies, will replace Nick Saban at Alabama.

Two words......culture shock.

Topher

Gold Member
He has to know what he is getting into.

I'm not sure. He's done ok at Washington with average recruiting classes, but he's going to have to up his game if he is going to compete against the likes of Georgia. I give him a couple of years doing pretty well winning with Nick Saban's recruits IF he can convince them to stay.

Of course, that's my entirely unbiased take as an Auburn grad.

smug the hustler GIF by Maudit

Mattdaddy

Gold Member
At least now when Bama comes to Norman next year, they'll only beat my Sooners by like 17 instead of 28 like they would have with Saban. Ill take it.

Azzurri

DeBoer is a good coach but it just doesn't have that flair.

Who know's he might a great coach, just not as good as Saban.

Topher

Gold Member
DeBoer ain't doing so hot right now. He has had 26 players jump into the transfer portal in the last week. Including a few 5 star recruits such as QB Julain Sayin. According to an the staff at 247 sports, DeBoer pretty much told Sayin to move on. Never heard of a new coach running off a future NFL prospect before.

AJUMP23

Parody of actual AJUMP23
DeBoer ain't doing so hot right now. He has had 26 players jump into the transfer portal in the last week. Including a few 5 star recruits such as QB Julain Sayin. According to an the staff at 247 sports, DeBoer pretty much told Sayin to move on. Never heard of a new coach running off a future NFL prospect before.
Watching AL struggle will be nice.

Mattdaddy

Gold Member
I wish they would have pulled the trigger on Deion just for the pure spectacle and circus that would have come all around it. What a storyline for next season that would have been lol.

Im not sure if an Alabama/Coach Prime combo would end up being unstoppable or a gigantic train wreck :messenger_tears_of_joy:

Last edited:
Will we see any resolution to the Florida State/ACC trial prior to the season? If so, how long will it take for B1G to offer the invite to FSU?

JBat

Good kick off to the season for Coastal Carolina! 55-27 over Jax State. Not sure how good Jax State is going to be but good win.

Now hopefully South Carolina doesn't suck. Got Old Dominion Saturday. Should be a cup cake but who knows how the gamecocks are going to play

AJUMP23

Parody of actual AJUMP23
North Carolina had their starting qb carted off the field.

CO managed to play a little defense and hold off NDSU.

Mattdaddy

Gold Member

Goddamn Lets gooooooooo!!!

Our schedule is insane. We'll be lucky to make a bowl game. We're probably going to get pounded like sand.

I don't care, these match-ups are fucking lit.

JBat

Coach Saban looked super uncomfortable during game day. McAfee encroaching on his personal space lol. I'm sure he will get more comfortable with the commentator role.

South Carolina survived ODU...d line looked okay. Offense looked terrible. Ran the ball okay. I'm convinced Beamer is just offering transfers guaranteed touches to boost draft stock. Going to be a long season for the Cocks; and not in a good way
At least Clemson lost bad to Georgia. But does that mean Clemson sucks or is Georgia that good? Hopefully the former... Yay football!

ebevan91

Happy to have my favorite sport back :)

Don't ask me which teams are in which conferences now though (except the SEC) because that shit's confusing. And the PAC-12 I guess lol.

Last edited:

AJUMP23

Parody of actual AJUMP23
Amazing weekend for Notre Dame

I cannot get this to imbed properly..... :(

Last edited:

JBat

Oh man this one hurt. South Carolina loses to LSU 36-33. I'm bias but refs directly swung 21 points for LSU. Calling back 2 pick six for BS, then a BS offensive pass interference that would have given the Cocks a first down instead leads to a fumble recovered by LSU inside the 20. Honestly expected LSU to blow them out but played well for the most part. But looks like QB got hurt so who knows how the rest of the season will go... At least FSU sucks lol

AJUMP23

Parody of actual AJUMP23
Oh man this one hurt. South Carolina loses to LSU 36-33. I'm bias but refs directly swung 21 points for LSU. Calling back 2 pick six for BS, then a BS offensive pass interference that would have given the Cocks a first down instead leads to a fumble recovered by LSU inside the 20. Honestly expected LSU to blow them out but played well for the most part. But looks like QB got hurt so who knows how the rest of the season will go... At least FSU sucks lol
Ya I think those refs had money on lsu.

JBat

That one was getting hard to watch. Flipped over to West Virginia vs Pitt in time to see one of the worst pass interference calls that will happen all season. WV DB wasn't even touching the receiver. Let Pitt take the lead with 32 seconds... No skin in this game but dang officiating seems very bad

JBat

Honestly shocked at this George vs Kentucky game. Going into the 4th Kentucky up 9-6. George moving the ball though. doubt it will stay in UK 's favor.

Coastal Carolina won today so that takes the string out of SCAR's loss

Durien

Apple Cup today (from a UW POV) was frustrating as hell. I think UW had 16 penalties for like 140 yards...They'd stop WSU on 3rd and get called for a face mask or personal foul fuuuuuuuuuu.

Nydius

Coastal Carolina won today so that takes the string out of SCAR's loss
My ‘Hoos play Coastal Carolina next week. I’d say that would be a good matchup but after watching an embarrassing second half collapse against the Terps, I’m not so sure anymore. 😐

Gawd damn and Woah Nellie!

The Florida Gators and Florida St.

Especially FSU, 0-3; and was looking to jump ship to the Big Ten, SEC, or Big 12.

Things are not looking good for either university currently. You just hate to see it!

shot GIF by The Bachelor Australia

Last edited:

Durien

BTW, college conferencing is soooooo stupid. The PAC 12 consists of 2 teams right now; wsu and Oregon state. Big 10 has 18 teams in it...is this the result of common core math?

chakadave

Neo Member
BTW, college conferencing is soooooo stupid. The PAC 12 consists of 2 teams right now; wsu and Oregon state. Big 10 has 18 teams in it...is this the result of common core math?
It is so dumb. The worst part is the regions make no sense.

The bad teams in the Big 10, Big 12, SEC will never give up their money though. So we will never see a religation, promotion super league.

Top Bottom