• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Come 2to buttocks. i welcom thee

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sez

But in a previous post he said the sept. surprise was not about a Kinect-less SKU, right?

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=73667413&postcount=442

Maybe the thing being removed that will wow and amaze us is not the Sept. surprise?

That can be interpreted in several ways. Some people say that she refered that it wasn't about a LAUNCH kinectless x1. The rumour now is that if the launch xboxone does not sell very well, they will have to drop kinect to cut costs and raise sells and install base. But still, there won't be a kinectless launch x1.

Im a microsoft fan but not a xbox fan. However i'm amazed for the ability to listen the backlash and their fans of the gaming division. I wish they put those guys in the windows division.

op_ivy

Fallen Xbot (cannot continue gaining levels in this class)
All we've watched all summer are Microsoft desperately trying to play catch up with Sony and making wholesale panic changes left and right. What would be in any way odd about yet another reversal? CBOAT's not the one making these decisions.

again (i'll have to find the posts i see) cboat said we'd see a "WOW" reversal in september that is NOT related to removing kinect. cboat said at the time that MS is attached to it being included in all consoles and that wont change. now he says that the september reversal he can reveal early because hes confident about it. note, this is worded such that its the SAME reversal/rumor. this reversal it turns out is exactly what cboat said it wasnt.

that doesnt make sense - not the removal of kinect itself, since yes that could change.

Pandaman

Everything is moe to me
the consensus of this cboat post, yes. but, he previously flat out denied that the spetember reversal would not be kinect related. now he states otherwise. odd.

i trust cboat, but what he's recently posted is directly conflicting with each other
two months ago microsft was flat out denying that you could play the console offline with the kinect unplugged.

it's possible that information can change or be in the process of changing in the time it takes to get to cboat and then to us. defintely more than possible given that we don't know how or where cboat gets his info. For all we know he's Ballmer's drinking buddy and mines his drunken ramblings for #truthfact

gngf123

Sorry, I'm totally going to be this guy right now but...

I don't understand. Is this a joke? I clicked the thread and thought "Oh someone is probably making fun of some bullshit rumors that have been posted from some European site" but nobody is acting like it's a joke. Unless this thread is comprised only of sarcastic understanding? Like, I can read it. I understand the content, but...like...what? I was laughing along with it until it seemed like it might not be an entire joke. What is the purpose of this...er...style?

It reminds me of that ancient World of Warcraft thread about "SUM DURIDS IS BAER. STRNG BARE DURID NO HAVE NINNERVATE"

Cboat is an industry insider who posts borderline gibberish so he doesn't get caught so easily.

Minions

the consensus of this cboat post, yes. but, he previously flat out denied that the spetember reversal would not be kinect related. now he states otherwise. odd.

i trust cboat, but what he's recently posted is directly conflicting with each other

I don't understand why everyone thinks a companies strategy stays static. What was (is) true now could be completely incorrect tomorrow. Look how fast Microsoft dropped the always on DRM. We knew about it before they announced it, had they NOT announced it at E3 and removed it, Most people would say "CBOAT WAS WRONG!!!"

Just because something changes does not mean the person who said one way or the other was incorrect. Stategy and policy changes constantly. However the fact they are still changing it so close to launch is surprising. Most giant companies have a much longer lead-time to making changes. (There are a hell of a lot of people working, and everyone needs to be on the same page. In companies like Microsoft, the Left hand has no idea what the Right hand is doing).

Im a microsoft fan but not a xbox fan. However i'm amazed for the ability to listen the backlash and their fans of the gaming division. I wish they put those guys in the windows division.

I'm a fan of ALL the console companies. I'd love nothing more than to see an even three-way split of marketshare in the industry, it would be best for consumers.

Microsoft is showing themselves to the the anti-Nintendo. Iwata's response to rejection by the marketplace is to stick his fucking head in the sand. He won't be fired soon enough.

I don't understand. Is this a joke? I clicked the thread and thought "Oh someone is probably making fun of some bullshit rumors that have been posted from some European site" but nobody is acting like it's a joke. Unless this thread is comprised only of sarcastic understanding? Like, I can read it. I understand the content, but...like...what? I was laughing along with it until it seemed like it might not be an entire joke. What is the purpose of this...er...style?

It reminds me of that ancient World of Warcraft thread about "SUM DURIDS IS BAER. STRNG BARE DURID NO HAVE NINNERVATE"

Crazy Buttocks is a verified leaker of information. He types that way so that his writing style isn't tracked. Info is typically accurate.

CBOAT is a mostly Microsoft insider. Been leaking in this style since 2006. Very accurate. He does this style so Microsoft has a harder time finding out who he is in real life.

Deitus

I believe so but someone should find the relevant posts

Perhaps his September surprise was the SDK info?

I'm not going to try to find any others, but this seems pretty solid to me.

zotVRua.jpg

Edit: Oops, didn't see this was linked above.

I had the feeling it was more software/App related then anything else

Maybe there is more to come?

I hope so. Don't get me wrong, I'm glad about the possible removal of mandatory Kinect. But with all his insistence that it wasn't that, there has been a lot of speculating about what more Microsoft could be reversing. It would be disappointing if the end result was "Ha ha, just kidding it was Kinect all along."

op_ivy

two months ago microsft was flat out denying that you could play the console offline with the kinect unplugged.

it's possible that information can change or be in the process of changing in the time it takes to get to cboat and then to us. defintely more than possible given that we don't know how or where cboat gets his info. For all we know he's Ballmer's drinking buddy and mines his drunken ramblings for #truthfact

I don't understand why everyone thinks a companies strategy stays static. What was (is) true now could be completely incorrect tomorrow. Look how fast Microsoft dropped the always on DRM. We knew about it before they announced it, had they NOT announced it at E3 and removed it, Most people would say "CBOAT WAS WRONG!!!"

Just because something changes does not mean the person who said one way or the other was incorrect. Stategy and policy changes constantly. However the fact they are still changing it so close to launch is surprising. Most giant companies have a much longer lead-time to making changes. (There are a hell of a lot of people working, and everyone needs to be on the same page. In companies like Microsoft, the Left hand has no idea what the Right hand is doing).

probably already seen it, but read my post here to clarify http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=77151843&postcount=3352

$h@d0w

This is not the first time Microsoft has mismanaged a product and the marketing around it. Windows 8's vision has also been forced on everyone (no windows 7 products offered at retail outlets?) Hopefully the Xbox One better merges TV and gaming, unlike how Windows 8 tried to merge Tablets and PC's.

You can go further back and look at the Windows Mobile reboot (versions 7, 7.5 and 8).

I think the SDKs for developers were stupidly late (close to the release of the actual product) and key features were missing (copy and paste).

Developers were money hatted with timed advertising deals and short term cash payouts to attract them to make apps for launch. Now that these deals have expired, the developers have also left, realising Windows Mobile isn't a viable platform.

It's a real thing. Cboat has been a gaf poster for a long time and has a long history of MS leaks. It's a weird thing because of the writing and a lot of people theorize it's so anonymity can remain, but regardless of the reason, the information tends to be accurate. You'll see plenty of people throwing shade and doubt at Cboat in this thread, but to do that is to ignore a very long posting history of leaks. Take it for what you will, but at least the first post isn't a joke.

Arkos

Nose how to spell and rede to
"...And in Reddit they blasphemed His name, and they ignored His teachings, saying,

'Just buy the launch model, I seriously doubt they're coming out with a Kinect-free SKU any time soon.'

And they provoked His ire, and He did smite them, burning their city to the ground with Holy fire.

And they were forever forced to speak in unintelligible tongues, one not understanding the other."

GAF 7:13

NinjaBoiX

Cboat is an industry insider who posts borderline gibberish so he doesn't get caught so easily.
Fuck me, really?

I'm so sorry CBOAT, I've often had a go at your "online character". I thought the poor wording was just a lame affectation.

I know see the genius.

Fair play fella!

This is GAF

This is a Cboat thread

How do you not understand who cboat is?

Have you not posted on the gaming side?

"...And in Reddit they blasphemed His name, and they ignored His teachings, saying,

'Just buy the launch model, I seriously doubt they're coming out with a Kinect-free SKU any time soon.'

And they provoked His ire, and He did smite them, burning their city to the ground with Holy fire.

And they were forever forced to speak in unintelligible tongues, one not understanding the other."

IS8ns.gif

mrJared

Banned
The most important thing in all this is the PS 4 release date being in October, which is practically the nail in the coffin for the Xbox.

Secondly, the 15-20% performance decrease is another nail in that same per verbal coffin, which has too many nails already.

Minions

You can go further back and look at the Windows Mobile reboot (versions 7, 7.5 and 8).

I think the SDKs for developers were stupidly late (close to the release of the actual product) and key features were missing (copy and paste).

Developers were money hatted with timed advertising deals and short term cash payouts to attract them to make apps for launch. Now that these deals have expired, the developers have also left, realising Windows Mobile isn't a viable platform.

Some times I miss Windows Mobile 8; WMWifirouter; RIP

Android has pretty much destroyed everything (and dramatically improved) everything Windows Mobile was.

again (i'll have to find the posts i see) cboat said we'd see a "WOW" reversal in september that is NOT related to removing kinect. cboat said at the time that MS is attached to it being included in all consoles and that wont change. now he says that the september reversal he can reveal early because hes confident about it. note, this is worded such that its the SAME reversal/rumor. this reversal it turns out is exactly what cboat said it wasnt.

that doesnt make sense - not the removal of kinect itself, since yes that could change.

Yeah, I've been under the impression the September reversal isn't the same thing as Kinect. This Kinect rumors seems like a new thing that he's now talking about, and specifically he's not saying it's a done deal, but something that will depend on the X1's success in the next 6 months. (He's just openly saying he's going back on his previous statements that it would/could never happen based on what he's now hearing.)

Without clarification, we obviously can't know if it's the same rumor. I guess we'll have to see what happens when September roles around. If there's nothing dropped, then maybe it was one in the same and he was posting conflicting things, or maybe he was wrong about whatever was supposed to be cancelled.

The most important thing in all this is the PS 4 release date being in October, which is practically the nail in the coffin for the Xbox.

Secondly, the 15-20% performance decrease is another nail in that same per verbal coffin, which has too many nails already.

Well, maybe the release date matters depending on the gap. (Certainly in certain territories if MS doesn't plan to enter them until sometime next year, assuming Sony is able to keep supply up in those regions.)

The second part though Cboat specifically says isn't a big deal, that it's just a moment in development where performance dipped for whatever reason and the kinks just need to be worked out. Sounded more like he was suggesting the latest build, the one they would want to show off to the public, isn't ready for public consumption, and that's why they weren't going to do any live demoing in a conference setting.

op_ivy

Yeah, I've been under the impression the September reversal isn't the same thing as Kinect. This Kinect rumors seems like a new thing that he's now talking about, and specifically he's not saying it's a done deal, but something that will depend on the X1's success in the next 6 months. (He's just openly saying he's going back on his previous statements that it would/could never happen based on what he's now hearing.)

Without clarification, we obviously can't know if it's the same rumor. I guess we'll have to see what happens when September roles around. If there's nothing dropped, then maybe it was one in the same and he was posting conflicting things, or maybe he was wrong about whatever was supposed to be cancelled.

yeah very well could be that my assumption that its the same rumor is inccorect.

Raist

Banned

I thought he only meant that kinect would still be packed in, but not mandatory anymore - which is what happened. The new rumour is that there might even be a Kinectless SKU.

Perkel

Banned

CBOAT is leaker. He types like that so people won't find him. And he is true leaker with 99% rate not 50%

I hope so. Don't get me wrong, I'm glad about the possible removal of mandatory Kinect. But with all his insistence that it wasn't that, there has been a lot of speculating about what more Microsoft could be reversing. It would be disappointing if the end result was "Ha ha, just kidding it was Kinect all along."

The day they announced that the One would work without the Kinect plugged in was the day this become inevitable. Once it's not required, there will eventually be a motivation to release a SKU without it. Look at the shitty SKUs that eventually get pumped out there (new Xbox with no optical out, Wii that doesn't play Gamecube games or output 480p, crappy Super Slim PS3 with no HDD). Eventually cost savings causes pretty much anything you can toss out to save a buck to get dropped.

But if the launch window ends and MS is bleeding marketshare, they'll do it right fucking then. I guarantee it.

CBOAT is leaker. He types like that so people won't find him. And he is true leaker with 99% rate not 50%

Well, more specifically, so that no writing style that can be attributed to him is extracted from his/her posts. Also prevents the posts from being sourced as rumors on any major media websites that I've ever seen.

It isn't like Don Mattrick is running the show anymore. It wouldn't be shocking if they changed their strategy from here on out. I could even see the Platinum deal getting changed by the new head if she thinks it isn't worth the money. I'm sure everything is under review right now.

R-User!

"...And they cried out to Him, lamenting.

'Where art thou? Surely, if thou art a just God, thou will not leave us in such agony!'

And no answer came, and they became angry with CBOAT, and began trashing up the place, saying,

'Verily, CBOAT is not the son of leaks! He is only drunk bish!'

And Pachter did say unto CBOAT,

'See? They will abandon you the moment that you cannot provide them the insider information they crave. They love you not. They only love your information.'

And CBOAT said,

'r jus not trithfacts$. U willC.'"

Gaf 3:9

CboaT help u$!!!

Rooster

A kinectless SKU will cause a lot of problems if developers are assuming everyone will have Kinect based on it being a pack in at launch.

Dragon

Banned
"...And they cried out to Him, lamenting.

'Where art thou? Surely, if thou art a just God, thou will not leave us in such agony!'

And no answer came, and they became angry with CBOAT, and began trashing up the place, saying,

'Verily, CBOAT is not the son of leaks! He is only drunk bish!'

And Pachter did say unto CBOAT,

'See? They will abandon you the moment that you cannot provide them the insider information they crave. They love you not. They only love your information.'

And CBOAT said,

'r jus not trithfacts$. U willC.'"

Gaf 3:9

Reminds me of Wheel of Time:

And it came to pass in those days, as it had come before and would come again, that the Dark lay heavy on the land and weighed down the hearts of gamers, and the green things failed, and hope died. And men cried out to Phil Spencer, saying, O Light of the Heavens, Light of the World, let the Promised One be born of the GAF, according to the prophecies, as he was in ages past and will be in ages to come. Let the Prince of the TruthFact sing to the land that the Xbone will be Kinectless and Crackdown 3 will release next year. Let the left cheek of the Buttocks shelter us from the Dark, and the great sword of the English Language defend us. Let the CBOAT ride again on the wings of GAF

A kinectless SKU will cause a lot of problems if developers are assuming everyone will have Kinect based on it being a pack in at launch.

Honestly even the whispering of a kinectless sku suggest to me that a lot of developers likely don't care about kinect at all as it stands

Removal of it from the sku won't alter their (developer's) strategy

Leaking info like this I would suppose he uses at least 2 or 3 level deep proxies. Not that hard to do. The email is also fake obviously.

Think deeper. In addition to IP anonymizers, he probably posts from a remote IP + computers never connected to his home address (like from a library / Apple Store).

He's been leaking stuff for nearly a decade without getting caught...our God CBOAT definitely has some system set up.

btkadams

Because Kojima did it with Metal Gear 1, Metal Gear 2, Metal Gear Solid 1, Metal Gear Solid 2, Metal Gear Solid 3, and Metal Gear Solid 4?
all of those games have been on multiple platforms aside from mgs4 and maybe mgs1 (although twin snakes is a different version of mgs1).

for example, mgs2 platforms:
PlayStation 2
Xbox (Substance)
Microsoft Windows (Substance)
PlayStation 3 (HD)
Xbox 360 (HD)
PlayStation Vita (HD)

Tripon

all of those games have been on multiple platforms aside from mgs4 and maybe mgs1 (although twin snakes is a different version of mgs1).

PlayStation 2
Xbox (Substance)
PlayStation 3 (HD)
Xbox 360 (HD)
PlayStation Vita (HD)

Those HD versions came out years later on the next generation platform (compared to their original platform.) I agree that Kojima and Konami wouldn't do platform exclusive right now, but its not as if he hasn't do it before.

Kastrioti

Persecution Complex

All praise be to CBOAT the most merciful and gracious. And peace be upon the prophet ctkayedisto.

Boy would I love that Platinum games thing to be true. The more support they get from a major publisher with deep pockets, the better. I don't really care about potential moneyhats, as in get angry about them, since I'm going to have both a PS4 and a Xbox One anyway.

no way in all the 9 hells Kojima would want a Metal Gear game to be exclusive

Yea, Kojima would never make a Metal Gear game release exclusively on one console... I wouldn't be worried, though, it probably isn't a Metal Gear game. I also heard a bit differently about the new SDK and performance. Supposedly specific games (not all) that were mostly being developed and maintained on the pc as opposed to Xbox One hardware saw performance dips, but games that were more correctly being developed for the Xbox One's specific hardware architecture saw performance boosts. One game in particular that my friend is working on saw between a 10-40% boost in some important areas. There were performance dips in places, but those were expected with the sudden changes and lack of optimization to account for them. They'll be able to get back to where they were and likely better in short time with a little bit of basic optimization work. And time is something they basically have in abundance to get their game ready.

That's all I know though.

4lejandro

PlayStation 2
Xbox (Substance)
PlayStation 3 (HD)
Xbox 360 (HD)
PlayStation Vita (HD)

MGS1 also saw a release on PC, I think it was the Integral version (had a blast playing in my run of the mill PC some years ago, looked great but had problems with encoded video on cutscenes).

CorrisD

badchoiceboobies
They're going to make the X1 backwards compatible aren't they. That will be the big September news.

That isn't going to happen, I'm surprised that some are still beating this drum. And iirc from the the topic it was that something was getting cancelled that would make us go wow in sept, which to me reads negatively and not "wow they cancelled no backwards compatibility", so I wouldn't expect CBOATs news to be exciting at this point.

I would have thought Sony could keep things closer to their chest, I mean didn't Micorosft have no clue Sony planned to reveal on February 20th?

A release date would be pretty strategic information anyway, since you're going to scoop up a lot of undecided consumers by being first on the market.

Yes, but a lot of people outside the company need to have access to that information: retailers, third party game studios, advertising agencies, etc. So it's much harder to prevent leaks vs the February event.

PlayStation 2
Xbox (Substance)
PlayStation 3 (HD)
Xbox 360 (HD)
PlayStation Vita (HD)

Sure, but Rising isn't part of the main series? It's a completely different beast.

How did Rising perform commercially?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom