• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Comedian Simon Brodkin hands Theresa May her P45

_Rob_

DLSlw2jW0AAOZ9v.jpg

Theresa May's speech at the Conservative party conference was disrupted by a prankster waving a P45 at the prime minister on the podium before security guards tackled him.

Simon Brodkin, who sometimes performs as a character called Lee Nelson and famously showered the then Fifa president, Sepp Blatter, with fake banknotes, was dragged out of the hall pursued by journalists. ”Boris told me to do it," he said, referring to the foreign secretary, Boris Johnson.

He was later arrested for breach of the peace, according to the prime minister's spokesperson.

https://www.theguardian.com/politic...s-may-p45-during-conference-speech-lee-nelson

For those of us that don't know what a P45 is:

"a P45 is the reference code of a form titled Details of employee leaving work. The term is used in British slang as a metonym for termination of employment. The equivalent slang term in the United States is pink slip."

I needed this laugh today! Makes you wonder how lax their security is though!

Omadahl

Banned

"a P45 is the reference code of a form titled Details of employee leaving work. The term is used in British slang as a metonym for termination of employment. The equivalent slang term in the United States is pink slip."

IHaveIce

Banned

Thank you

Thanks for this.

_Rob_

Oh, my apologies I hadn't even considered that this wasn't a universal thing. I will quote your explanation in the OP.

Preezy

Arrested for breach of the peace for handing someone a form?
In the UK it is expressly forbidden to pass pieces of paper between citizens in halls housing over 256 people. If you're caught doing so you could get your left leg chopped off by the Queen. It's known locally as "Maggie's Sweeper", and was last actually carried out in 1998.

_Rob_

In the UK it is expressly forbidden to pass pieces of paper between citizens in halls housing over 256 people. If you're caught doing so you could get your left leg chopped off by the Queen. It's known locally as "Maggie's Sweeper", and was last actually carried out in 1998.

Don't forget the 2002 Church amendment, allowing for hymn sheets to be exempt.

Akuun

Looking for meaning in GAF

Thanks. My first guess was that it was some kind of gun.

Mr-Joker

Banned
Ah I had forgotten about May as I was busy dealing with Trump's nonsense. Yeah May is a weak and it won't be long before she's pushed out.

Lmao what a statement, instead of tearing it up on stage or something she just took it and left it on the side for later

Top Bottom