• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Comic Book Day! - 07/14/04. Seriously, could this week get any better?!?

Status
Not open for further replies.

nomoment

Spike Spiegel said:
BERSERK vol. 4 and BATTLE ROYALE vol. 8 weren't in my folder this week. Sonovab*tch. The owner didn't have a clue as to whether or not these 2 books shipped this week, so if someone else actually received their copy of BERSERK or BATTLE ROYALE, I'd appreciate a heads-up.
There were an inordinately larger amount of 13-14 year olds in the comic shop today. I assume most of them were there to pick up their copies of Berserk.

Lyte Edge

All I got for the Vernal Equinox was this stupid tag
FnordChan said:
Man, slow week:

Nausicaa Vol. 6 - Already? Hot damn! On the flip side, now I have to sit around and wait forever for the final volume to come out...

FnordChan

Huh? I've had this entire series in English, from Viz, for years now. Is this a rerelease?

Willco

Hollywood Square
As I've been predicting for months, we're getting closer and closer with Spider-Man in Marvel 616...

Not having a secret identity. There have been flashes of this in Amazing, but now the secret is out in not just Marvel Knights, but The Pulse as well? I think we're gearin' up for a big 616 shocker and I'm not quite sure if I like the fact of Spider-Man being outed.

I thought Identity Crisis was kind of "meh". Gotham Central was hot, though.

nomoment

Willco said:
As I've been predicting for months, we're getting closer and closer with Spider-Man in Marvel 616...

Not having a secret identity. There have been flashes of this in Amazing, but now the secret is out in not just Marvel Knights, but The Pulse as well? I think we're gearin' up for a big 616 shocker and I'm not quite sure if I like the fact of Spider-Man being outed.
I honestly doubt Marvel would go through with this -- expect a nice bait n' switch next issue.

However, if it does happen, I wouldn't be too happy, either.

Willco

Hollywood Square
nomoment said:
I honestly doubt Marvel would go through with this -- expect a nice bait n' switch next issue.

However, if it does happen, I wouldn't be too happy, either.

It'd be one thing if this was an isolated event in one book. But two books? And it's been flashed in Amazing as well.

Also...

Regardless of who does what with the information in Marvel Knights, someone has already learned Peter's secret identity in The Pulse and had a conversation with him about it already. I'm tellin' you!

nomoment

Willco said:
It'd be one thing if this was an isolated event in one book. But two books? And it's been flashed in Amazing as well.

Also...

Regardless of who does what with the information in Marvel Knights, someone has already learned Peter's secret identity in The Pulse and had a conversation with him about it already. I'm tellin' you!
Was it Ben Urich? I thought he always knew?

Willco

Hollywood Square
nomoment said:
Was it Ben Urich? I thought he always knew?

Yeah, it's Urich. It's been one of this hinted at, wink-wink things, but The Pulse had him actually CALL PETER PARKER AND TALK ABOUT IT ON THE ROOF OF THE DAILY BUGLE. There have been subtle hits about 'identity' in Amazing as well. It seems EVERYBODY is learning (or are acting on info they already knew) Peter Parker's secret in The Pulse, Marvel Knights and Amazing. It's just too coincidental, man.

nomoment

Willco said:
Yeah, it's Urich. It's been one of this hinted at, wink-wink things, but The Pulse had him actually CALL PETER PARKER AND TALK ABOUT IT ON THE ROOF OF THE DAILY BUGLE. There have been subtle hits about 'identity' in Amazing as well. It seems EVERYBODY is learning (or are acting on info they already knew) Peter Parker's secret in The Pulse, Marvel Knights and Amazing. It's just too coincidental, man.
I still refuse to believe Spider-Man will be outted. Marvel's been doing this wink wink hint hint crap for years, and it hardly seems like something this big will happen under Marvel's new 'back to basics' regime. Their shareholders wouldn't be too happy about something like this!

I still think it's a big coincidence, but, and I say BUT, if it's going to happen, I think it might be in Amazing #513. See the solicitation?

AMAZING SPIDER-MAN #513
Written by J. Michael Straczynski
Pencils & Cover by Mike Deodato JR.
"SINS PAST" PART 5 (OF 5)
The worst defeat that Peter Parker ever endured — a moment frozen in the minds of
Spider-Man fans everywhere — was supposed to be far in his past. But now, two villains
— ripped, perhaps, directly from that very moment — have emerged, and they threaten to
destroy everything that he holds dear!
IF YOU EVER THOUGHT YOU WERE A SPIDER-MAN FAN, YOU CAN’T MISS
THIS ISSUE!
32 PGS./MARVEL PSR …$2.25
UPC: 5960604716-51311

Regardless of the solicit, I think something somewhat big WILL happen -- just not Spidey getting outted.

Willco

Hollywood Square
That's really giving Marvel the benefit of the doubt, man. You've got three major Spidey arcs in three books all revolving around his secret identity being discovered. Right now. C'mon.

I hope they don't reveal his secret identity, though. That would just suck. But I'm not going to hold on to blind hope.

BuddyC

Spoilers for both Spider-Man and Identity Crisis.

Are they gonna reveal Parker's identity and let some no-name rape Mary Jane? More importantly, can we watch?

nomoment

Just read Identity Crisis #2 - It was a solid read. And it DOES change the way I'm looking at the DC Universe. When was there such a need to transform the DCU into such a dark place? This 'event' reminds of, though the impact is significantly lesser, Alan Moore's Miracleman completely rewriting any Miracleman story before it.

Identity Crisis #2 was disturbing -- and there's really no way this 'event' can impact the DCU positively. The New Cynicism indeed, I guess.

BuddyC

nomoment said:
When was there such a need to transform the DCU into such a dark place?
Identity Crisis #2 was disturbing -- and there's really no way this 'event' can impact the DCU positively. The New Cynicism indeed, I guess.

My thoughts exactly.

Asbel said:
Yeah, I saw both Berserk 4 and BR 8 today as I picked up my Ranma 27. :)
Sh*t. I'll have to ask about them next time I swing by, then.
mad.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom