• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

COMICS!!! |OT| April 2017 - Now Featuring Superstar Artist Brett Booth - APRIL FOALS!

Messi

It's not like anyone is gonna buy it anyways.

nXPruDN.gif

Sunstone sales are very healthy

don't make promises you can't keep
You'll see

In other news I finished my re-read for American Gods. It's been 15 years since I last read it and I barely remembered what happened. I remember it finished strong but not really why. Now that I reread it...yup it ends strong. I can't wait for the show next week!

Messi

Hey Messi do you read faith.

Are you insulting me????

I haven't read Rumbles last few issues, skipped out on it for a few months and I'm trying but I am so fucking lost.

Someone commissioned Joelle Jones to draw catwoman at c2e2. Her art is so fucking good. DC put her on a catwoman story. Better yet let her write and draw Gotham City Sirens

You'll see

In other news I finished my re-read for American Gods. It's been 15 years since I last read it and I barely remembered what happened. I remember it finished strong but not really why. Now that I reread it...yup it ends strong. I can't wait for the show next week!

Yeah, definitely ends strong! I wonder if we'll get Anansi Boys down the line if this show is well received.

Zombine

Banned
Are you insulting me????

I haven't read Rumbles last few issues, skipped out on it for a few months and I'm trying but I am so fucking lost.

Someone commissioned Joelle Jones to draw catwoman at c2e2. Her art is so fucking good. DC put her on a catwoman story. Better yet let her write and draw Gotham City Sirens

I would say that she's on my list for NYCC but how are they gonna fit all these artists at one table?

Guess it's not so much tone deaf then but unfortunately timed.
Oh well I presume it will be over soon.
I honestly don't understand the idea that it's tone deaf or unfortunately timed. It's perfectly timed. It's topical. I love having a Cap book that's talking about the shit I'm anxious about. It's a book about evil infiltrating a respected position of great power, and I want to read about that right now specifically because that's exactly what we're dealing with in the real world. I love it for the same reason I loved tuning in to The Daily Show or The Colbert Report and giving me that flavor of perspective on what was wrong with the world.

I'm up to issue #60 on my OG Daredevil read through. Found I could take better screenshots on the MU app on my iPad than I could on my computer, so there's a decent uptick in quality. My reviews are as terrible as ever. Thinking I might commit to going through the first 100 or so books then dumping everything into a thread.

This will be the comic thread that flourishes outside of the monthly community thread, I just know it!

shingi70

Banned
Are you insulting me????

Think of the girly Hijinks tho!

When do you think we get announcements for Legacy?

Sandfox

Dan Slott fighting with Bleeding Cool on twitter again.
One of their writers posted something untrue in an article because they were upset over something relating to book signings at C2E2. Both Slott and Guggenheim did signings at the event and said the writer was wrong The most interesting part was when they tried to say that Slott was being childish for refusing to give talk with them because they for work BC only for him to explain that his hate comes from them writing an article implying that he wanted a young fan with Leukemia to die.

Think of the girly Hijinks tho!

When do you think we get announcements for Legacy?
June or July.

shingi70

Banned
I'm also hoping we get a another Charles Soule She-Hulk book.

Also I guess it's list time

Action Comics #978
Batgirl #10
Detective Comics #955
Flash #21
Justice League of America #5
Suicide Squad #16
Teen Titans #7
Wonder Woman #21
XO-Manowar #2
Britannia we who are about to die #1

Grizzlyjin

Supersonic, idiotic, disconnecting, not respecting, who would really ever wanna go and top that
I'm falling out of love with All-Star Batman. It's well written but a tad unfocused. I liked the Mr. Freeze stuff. Liked the Poison Ivy stuff. Then you get to Mad Hatter and I'm just exhausted by the hopping around. Haven't even gotten around to reading #9 yet

Very light DC week for me coming up. Just:

Doom Patrol #6
Mother Panic #6

geomon

I'm falling out of love with All-Star Batman. It's well written but a tad unfocused. I liked the Mr. Freeze stuff. Liked the Poison Ivy stuff. Then you get to Mad Hatter and I'm just exhausted by the hopping around. Haven't even gotten around to reading #9 yet

I still have no idea what is going on in All Star Batman and I read it every month.

Finished Stranger Things. I only have two questions, as most of my questions will be answered in S2. Super excited. Fantastic bit of television that kept me invested on all emotional levels and never let go.
Not sure if these were already posted.

God damn it

I'm feeling things...The Best....goddamn
I'm up to issue #60 on my OG Daredevil read through. Found I could take better screenshots on the MU app on my iPad than I could on my computer, so there's a decent uptick in quality. My reviews are as terrible as ever. Thinking I might commit to going through the first 100 or so books then dumping everything into a thread.

This will be the comic thread that flourishes outside of the monthly community thread, I just know it!
My favorite Comic GAF story arc returns!
Finally got around to finishing the Netflix Iron Fist series. It wasn't that bad, but Jessica Jones season 2 can't come soon enough.

It was insanely mediocre. It had some good ideas that I supported, but it ultimately failed on every level. Character writing, cinematography, soundtrack, script, directing, acting as a whole. Just none of it worked, and what did work didn't do it well. I'm ecstatic for Defenders so that I can see what they do with Danny (and any other characters), because I think Finn Jones can do it, but he needs a better director and script, which is limiting to an actor, but an actor can only do so much with what they're given.

Sorry. Havnt been following the comic world too much lately getting ready for having a kid soon. Been playing video games and reading Star Wars novels.

Has Nick Spencers Secret Empire been spoiled yet? I see some people on my Twitter talking about it (FCBD) and then see Robbie Rodriguez tweet @ him "dick move".

I haven't done a list in a little while...

Aliens: Dead Orbit #1
Aliens Defiance #11
Prometheus Life and Death Oneshot
Detective Comics #955
Doom Patrol #6
Flash #21
Black Monday Murders #5
Kill or Be Killed #8
Hulk #5
Hillbilly #6

I c u cut me out.

Wasn't sure if you wanted your name out there lol

Anyways, I'm bummed because I thought One More Year was dropping this week but it looks like it got delayed till June. Was really looking forward to reading it this week too. This sucks. At least Doom Patrol comes out this week.

Ross61

American Vampire has been on hiatus so long that I honestly forgot most of what happened in it recently. And I didn't even read the anthology yet. Which is a shame, because unlinke everything I was hearing but I was really enjoying it.

caliph95

American Vampire has been on hiatus so long that I honestly forgot most of what happened in it recently. And I didn't even read the anthology yet. Which is a shame, because unlike everything I was hearing but I was really enjoying it.
I stopped trying to catch up some time ago especially when i forgot there was a black dhamphir in the book and surprised when he suddenly appeared and stuff like. Sad because it was one of my favourite of the modern vertigo stuff when i was following it.

Top Bottom