• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

COMICS!!! |OT| August 2017 | Gwenpool's milkshake brings all the boys to the yard

That issue felt so rushed.
We didn't even get to see Robot whip people in his Virtumite-buster before it was destroyed. And yeah I'm mad about Anissa dying so she never has to apologize in person to Mark for what she did. And I'm still wondering what asspull Kirkman is gonna do to make Mark fighting Thragg by himself not be the silliest thing ever.

I hate Kirkman's writing more than anyone and even I'm not this cynical about Invincible.

Impressive, man!

Finished the WW Perez Challenge of the Gods arc. The last issue did not sit well with me. At all. Especially the note it ended on for Hercules and Hippolyta.

He only drew half of every issue during his run though. His first issue was like 8 pages.

and that was a one time only idea?
or did they maybe go into it knowing Lee's limitation but understanding the importance of a timely ship and created a workflow that benefited everyone including the readers?

shit i dunno but i'm sure lightening can't strike twice i bet that dude's right the biggest book in DC history will for sure be late as fuck

Superman Unchained.

that was a rebirth book???

and that was a one time only idea?
or did they maybe go into it knowing Lee's limitation but understanding the importance of a timely ship and created a workflow that benefited everyone including the readers?

shit i dunno but i'm sure lightening can't strike twice i bet that dude's right the biggest book in DC history will for sure be late as fuck

that was a rebirth book???
It was a New 52 book that had to end because of delays

Penguin

Mystik U

http://www.dccomics.com/blog/2017/0...ust-and-more-enroll-in-mystik-u?sf106880888=1

MYSU_Cv1_5994b7b5741890.01611960.jpg

So what is Mystik U about?

Mike: Mystik U is about a sheltered show biz kid (Zatanna), a bitter rebel (Sebastian Faust, son of Felix), a split personality (Enchantress), a competitive premed student (new character Pia Morales), and an awkward prodigy (Sargon the Sorceror) all discovering that they have the capacity to perform real magic.

They're enrolled at a university for the magically gifted, where the world's most powerful practitioners of magic will mentor their fledgling talents...and try to discover which of them is fated to betray the others and become a powerful force of evil.

manfestival

since GAF seems to have a bigger bias(at least in this thread) for DC. What is the best story to be reading right now? I have been reading a ton of older stories because I just go to the library and get whats available. I have discovered that I can always trust Geoff Johns to deliver a solid story. So what's the best current storyline?

shingi70

Banned
since GAF seems to have a bigger bias(at least in this thread) for DC. What is the best story to be reading right now? I have been reading a ton of older stories because I just go to the library and get whats available. I have discovered that I can always trust Geoff Johns to deliver a solid story. So what's the best current storyline?

Best book right now is Superman, followed by Green Arrownl and Aquaman.

Messi

I say this in the nicest possible terms but over the years I've been on twitter I have had various conversations and run ins with the Ivy girl. She is actually insane. She won't accept any portrayal of Ivy as a villain. She sees her as a hero.

Lashley

Why does he wear the mask!?
Just read Metal. I thought it was okay, nothing more. I'll continue reading, but nothing really excited me the way it seems to have for people here.

I say this in the nicest possible terms but over the years I've been on twitter I have had various conversations and run ins with the Ivy girl. She is actually insane. She won't accept any portrayal of Ivy as a villain. She sees her as a hero.

Is Poison Ivy really a Feminist Icon? I think this is the first time I heard about it.

Lashley

Armbands were and are still a common way to display your membership/connection to a certain group or to display the position within that group. It's not exactly a Nazi Thing.

On the other Hand she is calling Poison Ivy a feminist Icon.
"Enjoy your block"

Lashley

She was recently tearing into the suicide squad writer for a solicit that implies that Ivy is a villain. And pleading with sejic to stop him. She is trying to force her narrative on writers and it's fucked.

Like I said, she/he? is mentally unstable

Top Bottom