• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

COMICS!!! |OT| February 2017 All You Need is Love (and Rockets)

mreddie

10 issues!

FCBDSECEMP2017001_DC11.jpg

VanWinkle

Finished Legion of Superheroes: The Great Darkness Saga Deluxe Edition. Enjoyed it quite a bit. The cast is too large for my taste, but I understand that's probably part of the appeal for a lot of people.

Starting this now:

OuIQtfX.jpg

I already read the first trade, but that was over a year ago and I was still really new to comics. Didn't even know much about Dick Grayson. So I will be re-reading that. I have one more volume to get. I'll get it shortly.

Brian Fellows

Pete Carroll Owns Me
Manifest Destiny Week List!

KILL OR BE KILLED #6
MANIFEST DESTINY #26
SPREAD #19
VIOLENT LOVE #4
WALKING DEAD #164

ANIMOSITY #5

TheFlow

Banned
List

Animosity #5
Mighty Morphin Power Rangers #12
James Bond Hammerhead #5 (Of 6)
Invincible #133
Sex Criminals #16
Walking Dead #164

Batman #17
Green Arrow #17
Nightwing #15
Superman #17

Captain America Sam Wilson #19
Captain America Steve Rogers #11
Clone Conspiracy #5
Daredevil #17
Doctor Strange #17
Invincible Iron Man #4
Mighty Thor #16
Monsters Unleashed #3
Ultimates 2 #4
No time for comics this week outside wildstorm but post your nighhwing impressions.

I got a marvel unlimited promo code in an email for a free month of marvel unlimited. It's pretty fucking cool for those on the fence I've subbed for over a year now.

Code: 7S7N4MUW3GH

GAMEPROFF

Banned
I love how the hacking device in Aliens: Defiance has one of the hacking screens of Aliens Isolation

And now it mentioned Sevastopol!

Sandfox

Now that we've seen changes for the Guardians, X, Inhuman, and Spidey lines I wonder what will get the next set of changes. Probably the Cap line.

Messi

Messi tell me everything you know about that Sunstone statue immediately.

Edit: Also, Sejic follows InCase? I know who that is.

We don't know anything yet. He's been teasing as he creates the models. We don't know if these are individual statues or if they are from the original dream statue. It's very likely from xm studios. He met them at nycc about the dream statue.

He says the obvious announcement is soon.

We don't know anything yet. He's been teasing as he creates the models. We don't know if these are individual statues or if they are from the original dream statue. It's very likely from xm studios. He met them at nycc about the dream statue.

He says the obvious announcement is soon.

Say goodbye to your $800.

I've decided on a full Spawn reading because I make great use of my free time. Just wrapped up issue #10, and it's one of the strangest comics I've read. It's a crossover with Cerebus written by Dave Sim. Spawn attempts to "free" all the DC and Marvel licensed superheroes from prison, with their creators appearing as captives complete with bound wrists and hoods over their heads.

Seems like this might have been provocative in 1992 early Image, but it's annoying as hell to read in 2017. DC isn't fucking Alan Moore over any less, but this is too on the nose. Especially since Sims doesn't even attempt to connect anything that came in the previous nine issues. Just creator rights/trademark wankery. Kinda funny that McFarlane lost the rights to Angela from the issue right before this.

Also, Spawn is fairly awful so far. The revolving door of all-star guest writers gives everything a disjointed feel. Angela is as shitty in her first appearance (#9) as she is today. McFarlane's art can be spectacular, but it crosses into Rob Liefeld disproportionate limbs and pouch madness every issue.

List
Archie #17
Batman #17
Batwoman #0.1
Green Arrow #17
Invincible #133
Nightwing #15
Super Sons #1
Wild Storm #1

Messi

List:

Batman #17
Batwoman Rebirth #1
Cave Carson #5
Green Arrow #17
Harley Quinn #14
Injustice Ground Zero #6
Lucifer #15
Mother Panic #3
Nightwing #15
Odyssey of the amazons #2
Raven #6
Super Sons #1
Superman #17
Trinity #1

Batman TMNT Adventures #4

God Country #2
Kill or Be Killed #6
Sex Criminals #16 (YAY)
Sex Criminals #16 fiona staples XXX variant
Theyre not like us #14
Violent Love #4

Animosity #5
Archie #17
Spell on Wheels #5

TheFlow

Banned
List:

Batman #17
Batwoman Rebirth #1
Cave Carson #5
Green Arrow #17
Harley Quinn #14
Injustice Ground Zero #6
Lucifer #15
Mother Panic #3
Nightwing #15
Odyssey of the amazons #2
Raven #6
Super Sons #1
Superman #17
Trinity #1

Batman TMNT Adventures #4

God Country #2
Kill or Be Killed #6
Sex Criminals #16 (YAY)
Sex Criminals #16 fiona staples XXX variant
Theyre not like us #14
Violent Love #4

Animosity #5
Archie #17
Spell on Wheels #5
This is missing the marvel

Messi

This is a good week for me in terms of releases.

I'm started to become a bit jaded with Saga.

I still like it as much as I ever have. I just think its great comics even with all of BKVs quirks and need to hurt stuff we love.

Can someone explain in basic terms what the difference between Transformers: Windblade (4 part series) and Transformers Windblade (What appears to be a series that ran for 7 issues?). I know someone here told me I would enjoy the 4 issue series. But should I also buy the other? Will I be lost even reading the mini if I don't read transformers comics?

--

Anyone read Two-Step by Ellis and Conner? Its in the Ellis sale and ive never head of it but I love Amanda Conners art and the story appeals to me. Tim?

VanWinkle

Finished Grayson Vol. 1. The best issue was the one written by Tom King (the 5 Years Later), but they were all great. Perfect tone to this book. Love the art by Janin. He draws very realistically but doesn't draw a ton of detail. That, combined with the thick ink lines make for a very pleasing look.

Ross61

One of the best moments in comic book history is in Uncanny X-Force when everyone decides to not go through the plan of killing the new Apocalypse, and Fantomex just puts one in his brain. The silence and shock sold that scene.

One of the best moments in comic book history is in Uncanny X-Force when everyone decides to not go through the plan of killing the new Apocalypse, and Fantomex just puts one in his brain. The silence and shock sold that scene.
And also drowning Daken in a puddle

The rationale in the next issue is he best.
Something tells me Marvel weren't knocking.

I hope she has success in animation or with hasbro.
I think Marvel expected Kate to do something revolutionary with Hellcat because of her success with her webcomic and they got a comic that was just serviceable.

mreddie

Looks like Lemire is leaving Marvel in general, he's ending almost all his stuff and the recent rumors.

I think Marvel expected Kate to do something revolutionary with Hellcat because of her success with her webcomic and they got a comic that was just serviceable.

They wanted another Squirrel Girl but something didn't fit. It did pass 12 issues so that's a success.

Top Bottom