• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

COMICS! |OT| July 2015. Okay for everyone, unless you're a DC or a Spider-Man.

Status
Not open for further replies.
FINALLY. Ok, last week's IST order - fully picked and scanned. Yesterday's IST order, all picked and scanned... except Gotham Central Book 1. Come on IST, make this happen for me!

No the best character from Gundam Build Fighters that isn't called Mr Ral

Google failing me..

Gketter can have all his books, I'm jealous of that Rinko figure lol

Only 1/10 scale unfortunately. I almost bought it, too. I don't know why the Gundam Build girls are 1/10 when all of the other Gundam girls from MegaHouse are 1/8. :(

Anyway, I'm totally loving Lazarus. And Witch Hunter Angela had some gorgeous art today as well.

New issue of We Stand On Guard next week!

Hagi

Google failing me..

Happens to the best of us.

Only 1/10 scale unfortunately. I almost bought it, too. I don't know why the Gundam Build girls are 1/10 when all of the other Gundam girls from MegaHouse are 1/8. :(

Hmm that's problematic I was planning of getting Sayla to go with her but I suppose they can sit on different shelves.

I'm currently thinking about dropping $200 on some sweet Bachalo interior pages from Uncanny, I think I need to go to sleep before I do something silly.

Hmm that's problematic I was planning of getting Sayla to go with her but I suppose they can sit on different shelves.

Yeah, I have Sayla on order. She didn't make it out this month, though. If you like space girls, MegaHouse also has a Yamato 2199 series that's pretty solid (most of the time).

Filthy Slug

Crowd screaming like hounds at the heat of the chase/ All the colors of the rainbow flood my face
Just checked Gula, and
yeah, turns out I'm right, same general facial hair, plus there aren't that many giant men who chain-smoke cigars in that series. Issue #2 has some hints on the A.C.A.D.E.M.Y. backstory.

edit:
okay in fact the whole sequence with the photo of Boutique is in that issue

Ah, awesome. I need to sit down with all four arcs once Acedia is over and read through them all together.

Last issues for Casanova arcs are usually absurd in the best ways, so I'm fucking ready for Acedia #4.

Thats $8 plus shipping you can spend on some damn good Tacos for lunch tomorrow instead

Or you could go to Jack in the Box and get 16 really shitty tacos.

But I'd wager that either option would be better than Batwoman in Space. Sending non-space characters into space is how Didio sends series to die.

LosDaddie

Banned
The omnibus does have #8 too. I understand the initial solicitations were printed incorrectly.

If you ever think you will buy the omnibus, you should buy it this week. Instocktrades has it for 50% off.

Edit: Here's an image of the TOC someone posted on Facebook.

Thank you so much. Looks like I'm buying another omnibus come Friday (=payday)

Ah, awesome. I need to sit down with all four arcs once Acedia is over and read through them all together.

Last issues for Casanova arcs are usually absurd in the best ways, so I'm fucking ready for Acedia #4.

From what I hear, Acedia #4 will just be the end of volume 1. There's like a trilogy of these mothafuckas, volume 2 starting in December

casanova_schedule.jpg

ElNarez

Banned

Gula is the most important one and they're really in your face about the fact you should re-read it now, what with the
callbacks to cars randomly exploding
and
the 2015 Image hardcover reprint of the arc catching fire in Cass' hands

Filthy Slug

Crowd screaming like hounds at the heat of the chase/ All the colors of the rainbow flood my face
From what I hear, Acedia #4 will just be the end of volume 1. There's like a trilogy of these mothafuckas, volume 2 starting in December

casanova_schedule.jpg

Oh shit. I wonder if it's going beyond the Seven Deadly Sins then?

E: Wait, I fucked up and misread. Okay, so Acedia itself is broken into several parts. That makes way more sense considering how much more story there seems to be to this arc.

Hagi

Yeah, I have Sayla on order. She didn't make it out this month, though. If you like space girls, MegaHouse also has a Yamato 2199 series that's pretty solid (most of the time).

I don't really care for the fan service-ish poses of some of them but I was considering getting the new Akira, she looks a lot better than the previous model. I'd like to get Honey and Dandy at some point as well. I saw them in Tokyo and they looked pretty awesome as a pair.

I don't really care for the fan service-ish poses of some of them but I was considering getting the new Akira, it looks a lot better than the previous model. I'd like to get Honey and Dandy at some point as well. I saw them in Tokyo and they looked pretty awesome as a pair.

Also ordered Akira. Also delayed to August. XD

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom