• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

COMICS!!! |OT| July 2017 | Princess, I've Seen the Way You Look At Me.

Pachimari

Eh, I'm no fan of Kraven the Hunter here either. Him being a reality tv star coming to New York to hunt Spider-Man.

And so far I'm indifferent to Hammerhead, seems cool enough, haven't had much to do.

Oooooh. There are TWO seasons of Lucha Underground on Netflix.

Truly, the greatest unsung wrestling product of our generation. ESPECIALLY if you like comics, LU is so up your alley. It's got a time-traveling Aztec astronaut, a living dragon-man, a man given power over death by being buried alive in the Mexico City Earthquake, an evil boss who keeps his mad brother who is possessed by an insane Aztec war god chained in a cage, to better feed his enemies to, PENTAGON JR (ne PENTAGON DARK), a furious ninja skeleton man who really, really likes breaking arms, etc etc etc. What's not to love? Oh and Johnny Mundo, PJ Black, and Jack Evans as the most fantastic pieces of douchey shit you'll ever meet.

Season 2 is where it really takes off. You can actually skip big chunks of S1 and not miss *too* much; S2 is just bugnuts from start to finish. Both seasons are worth watching, but this is a fun article that sort of gets you up to speed in what happened in S1 in preparation for S2 if you want to skip ahead:

http://uproxx.com/prowrestling/lucha-uderground-primer-season-one-recap/2/

There's even a webcomic that interconnects S1 and S2, that answers such burning questions as "Who are all the skulls that are used to build Mil Muertes' throne that he sits in, final boss Shao-Khan style, in S2?"

Pachimari

So I just started reading Renew Your Vows and I see Peter is married to MJ and has a daughter called Annie. Doesn't he also have a kid named May? So he has two daughters?

Anyway, this seems to be a mini series of 6 issues so I expect to finish it today. So far I'm no fan of Regent and how he can just copy everybody's power, and Venom was almost not a threat, just quickly taken care of.

Damn, it can be so difficult finding my way around all these storylines. I'm looking for Kraven's Last Hunt, and reading Wikipedia it seems like this one storyline is spread out over three different series, really? Web of Spider-Man #31-32, The Amazing Spider-Man #293-294 and The Spectacular Spider-Man #131-132.

PsychBat!

Banned
So I just started reading Renew Your Vows and I see Peter is married to MJ and has a daughter called Annie. Doesn't he also have a kid named May? So he has two daughters?

Anyway, this seems to be a mini series of 6 issues so I expect to finish it today. So far I'm no fan of Regent and how he can just copy everybody's power, and Venom was almost not a threat, just quickly taken care of.

Damn, it can be so difficult finding my way around all these storylines. I'm looking for Kraven's Last Hunt, and reading Wikipedia it seems like this one storyline is spread out over three different series, really? Web of Spider-Man #31-32, The Amazing Spider-Man #293-294 and The Spectacular Spider-Man #131-132.

Alternate universes. As for the last part, comics are weird.

Wanderer5

Lol I finished Steph Batgirl, and all of those possible plot stuff down the line (?). Damn, I would had love to see the three Batgirls and the Blackhawks for some time shenanigans.

Too bad Stephanie was only Batgirl for like two years (and not appearing in new 52 till Batman Eternal), but it was quite a enjoyable run.

Re-reading X-Men: Supernovas, and I fucking still love it. I really love Rogue's team, but Lady Mastermind in particular. So much fun with a cool, if basic, power set.

error4041

Goddamn the art in Defenders is amazing, Marquez managed to improve on his already gorgeous art from Invincible Iron Man and Civil War II. We even get a brief Blade cameo.

19533969_115933322352333_3718752709747146752_n.jpg

I think if I had to pick a single volume of something to have, Supernovas might be that book. Mike Carey and Chris Bachalo is a match made in heaven.

Mafro

They team up briefly and Nightshade joins the team as a permanent member.

They did him dirty though in the Secret Empire tie-in

SPOILERS

Nighthawk gets killed off-panel out of costume and Nightshade dons the suit.
What the fuck? That's genuinely annoyed me.

Kelly Thompson is on this week's Off Panel podcast.
Good episode. Lmao @ them talking about the book following Fraction/Aja Hawkeye and completely ignoring the existence of the Lemire/Perez run
...I shouldn't try watching wrestling just cause I'm in the US, right?
Watching wrestling is one of the most American things you can do, and I'm glad you specifically came over on the 4th of July just to do it
Not reading this (seen enough from the screenshots on twitter) but lol @ him choosing some random z-tier site to give his big interview
Lol I finished Steph Batgirl, and all of those possible plot stuff down the line (?). Damn, I would had love to see the three Batgirls and the Blackhawks for some time shenanigans.

Too bad Stephanie was only Batgirl for like two years (and not appearing in new 52 till Batman Eternal), but it was quite a enjoyable run.
Steph Batgirl rules

Back from my long weekend; got a bunch of stuff read.

Black Science Vol 1 & 2 Definately going to be continuing to get this. Took me by surprise and didn't let go.

Secret Weapons #1 A really quality issue and a great premise.

Bloodshot USA Felt like it could has done with another issue but I feel that way alot with the 4 issue arc's Valiant put out.

X-O Manowar Deluxe Edition 1 I'm glad I read all these issues rather than the first arc.Really well written series.

Harbinger Deluxe Edition 1 Read the first 10 issues going to jump onto the Harbinger Wars Deluxe Edition to finish it out but what a great organic series.

Prophet Earth War No clue what happened but it was amazing.

We even get a brief Blade cameo.

Whats was that think that Night Nurse jammed in Cage's head?

dh4niel

Goddamn the art in Defenders is amazing, Marquez managed to improve on his already gorgeous art from Invincible Iron Man and Civil War II. We even get a brief Blade cameo.

I have the 2 issues so far., looking forward to reading it. Blade needs to make a comeback. No Snipes though.

Messi

Am I missing something? Why does Defenders #1 feel like it's dropping me in the middle of a story with no context? How did Jessica get hurt.. What the hell?

GAMEPROFF

Banned
Am I missing something? Why does Defenders #1 feel like it's dropping me in the middle of a story with no context? How did Jessica get hurt.. What the hell?

Free Comic Book Day Issue - Guardians of the Galaxy is your way to go.

Not solved in the best way as it sounds like...

Einchy

semen stains the mountaintops

Literally me anytime I pick up a new #1 of anything.

Pachimari

Hmm, I'm not so sure I'm such a huge fan of these new designs:

SVliZXV.png
kJxvNcU.png
yZQBSHJ.png
bh3lwfr.png
29qzHdb.png
HDksmUr.png

uCEAZl0.png

Is the second one supposed to be Shocker?

I like Kingpin, Doctor Octopus, Kraven and the Enforcers. The rest, not so much.

GAMEPROFF

Banned
Hmm, I'm not so sure I'm such a huge fan of these new designs:

SVliZXV.png
kJxvNcU.png
yZQBSHJ.png
bh3lwfr.png
29qzHdb.png
HDksmUr.png

uCEAZl0.png

Is the second one supposed to be Shocker?

I like Kingpin, Doctor Octopus, Kraven and the Enforcers. The rest, not so much.

Wait until you reached Miles and see what they did to Scorpion.

GAMEPROFF

Banned
Scorpion is one of my favorites. They've probably made him into some kind machine. Shocker looks like a joke too. Man, Green Goblin is hideous.

Shocker is a literally joke in this book, thats how he is used, But you are sadly way off with Scorpion :D Its a fucking shame.

Top Bottom