• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

COMICS!!! |OT| July 2017 | Princess, I've Seen the Way You Look At Me.

Messi

Secretly great books that few people talk about or read

1 Manifest Destiny
2 Wayward
3 Birthright

If you want a book to read with a few volumes and quality content. Pick them up.

GAMEPROFF

Banned
Its burning on the field next to my house. Police (who came after I called the fireworker) was already here and didnt do anything.

Catching up on my backlog en masse. Black Hammer is amazing. Am shocked and impressed that Ramos has done so many Champions issues. (All of them?)

Vic_Viper

Anyone here reading Wayward from Image? Read the first trade and really liked it but with alot of books it got put on my backlog. Was thinking about picking up the 2 Deluxe HCs but wanted to see what the general opinion of it was currently. Really liked the premise and art but wasnt sure if the story had ratcheted up.

The plot of OPM is basically the same thing over and over. The MHA plot is constantly developing organically like any good story should.

MHA has better characters than One Punch Man.
I still like the joke premise surrounding OPM, but it's becoming painfully clear that the book is leaving Saitama in the background and focusing on other characters that are ok but nowhere near as charismatic as Saitama. And yeah, until something changes the plot so far is the same. Nothing is ever really at stake. I think seeing All Might being be both a parody and a very serious character is what made me realize how good MHA is.

Wanderer5

I finally dived into MHA in the last few months, and it is quite a blast with a highly enjoyable cast of characters.

I still enjoy OPM a bit, but it does feel like it lost quite a bit of steam.

Malyse

I would like a game based on the Detective Comics 934-940.
Anyone here reading Wayward from Image? Read the first trade and really liked it but with alot of books it got put on my backlog. Was thinking about picking up the 2 Deluxe HCs but wanted to see what the general opinion of it was currently. Really liked the premise and art but wasnt sure if the story had ratcheted up.
I like it, but I switched to trade waiting. It's esoteric and opaque enough that I want/need to read all of it at once.
Shhhh. It's called "Saucer State" now.
Between that and Saga I'm in full blow what the actual fuck mode.
MHA has better characters than One Punch Man.
MHA is second only to One Piece in storytelling. But One Piece is literally the most compelling anything I've experienced in any genre. 💯 I'm not crying shut up your crying when they dive into someone's backstory.

I still like the joke premise surrounding OPM, but it's becoming painfully clear that the book is leaving Saitama in the background and focusing on other characters that are ok but nowhere near as charismatic as Saitama. And yeah, until something changes the plot so far is the same. Nothing is ever really at stake. I think seeing All Might being be both a parody and a very serious character is what made me realize how good MHA is.

Mob Psycho 100 is the series that better displays One's writing chops.

He gets a well deserved burn from frog girl:

zLUbFF4.gif

Einchy

semen stains the mountaintops
Since we're talking about manga, is there an instocktrades but for manga? I looked around last night since I wanted to buy Akira and BLAME but instocktrade only has them for 20% off and hard as I might, I couldn't really find them for much lower in other places.

I did find this anime/manga website that has them on sale for July, though.

Since we're talking about manga, is there an instocktrades but for manga? I looked around last night since I wanted to buy Akita and BLAME but instocktrade only has them for 20% off and hard as I might, I couldn't really find them for much lower in other places.

Rightstuf has some of the better deals. I mostly get manga through B&N's online deals (B2G1 free + any discount codes). Considering they are mostly paperback, no problems with the shipping.

Messi

Since we're talking about manga, is there an instocktrades but for manga? I looked around last night since I wanted to buy Akita and BLAME but instocktrade only has them for 20% off and hard as I might, I couldn't really find them for much lower in other places.

Prison School is on there. The only one that matters

Einchy

Rightstuf has some of the better deals. I mostly get manga through B&N's online deals (B2G1 free + any discount codes). Considering they are mostly paperback, no problems with the shipping.
Ah yeah, rightstuff is the one I came across last night and their current deals on those two are really good but sadly they are temporary.

Einchy

There's a nice Akira box set coming out in October btw. Costs maybe $15-$20 more (currently on Amazon) than what the current paperbacks would cost you.

Edit: Looks like there is a pretty good deal on a used set on eBay right now! Accepting offers too.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Akira-Dark-Horse-Compilation-Set-/132248797554
Ah fuck, I just ordered something last night. I will keep an eye on that eBay listing, though. It's mighty tempting.

Prison School is on there. The only one that matters
I would never read such lewdness. ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

Wanderer5

Bleh, forgot about the limit for offline being 12 issues on Marvel Unlimited. Not too big of a deal, but still kind of annoying.

Sandfox

All this manga talk got me to buy the remaining chapter of Sweetness and Lightning I needed to catch up.

6 more hours until Duggan and Samnee goodness.

Top Bottom