• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

COMICS! |OT| May 2016. Let's Do It. Let's Fall in Love.

Then I will dont buy it.
Is one of the already canceled books worth the read?

Angela: Queen of Hel - You'll want to read the pre-SW book and the SW book first, though. Doesn't hurt to have the Loki saga under your belt too but not worth it if you haven't read it already
Hercules (only sorta canceled)

Owzers

I haven't read a comic in at least two days, i feel like it's out of my system and from a distance I can see how comics are a mistake. You guys don't have to keep doing this, you can change.

Also, Payback tonight ROMAN REIGNS! I bet it's dumb, can't wait!

GAMEPROFF

Banned
Angela: Queen of Hel - You'll want to read the pre-SW book and the SW book first, though. Doesn't hurt to have the Loki saga under your belt too but not worth it if you haven't read it already
Hercules (only sorta canceled)

Angela's series but that is one long pre secret wars book. But its really good.
Would love to jump in but the Pre-SW book is a problem.
I guess I will wait for a Completr Collection.

Which is the best Spider-Man comic to get into, and that's also current right now?

Spider-Man's good. There's only been three issues since the ANAD relaunch so it's not a huge deal to catch up on. I'm a bit behind on ASM but I enjoyed what I read. It felt like a return to form after the stale pre-ANAD series.

Messi

Spider-Man's good. There's only been three issues since the ANAD relaunch so it's not a huge deal to catch up on. I'm a bit behind on ASM but I enjoyed what I read. It felt like a return to form after the stale pre-ANAD series.

That pre ANAD run was questionable after Superior ended. Something was off. Gladd Slott got it back together.

Also, Payback tonight ROMAN REIGNS! I bet it's dumb, can't wait!

I'll wait until morning I think. Even with the Bank Holiday I can actually sleep right now and I plan to take advantage of that while I can. I can't do a 1AM belltime for a non-Big Four PPV or Takeover anymore I think. I was a zombie for a week after WrestleMania went to 5AM. Wrestling just isn't worth that right now.

Took my son to Barnes and Noble this morning for some cookies (and coffee!), and decided to pick up some Morrison Batman while there.

I already have the Batman and Son first volume, but it turns out the Black Glove TPB that immediately follows is out of print. Instead, I had to buy the Batman and Son New Edition that features both TPBs.

Great work, DC, making me repurchase stuff I already have! Comics were a mistake.

Zombine

Banned
Took my son to Barnes and Noble this morning for some cookies (and coffee!), and decided to pick up some Morrison Batman while there.

I already have the Batman and Son first volume, but it turns out the Black Glove TPB that immediately follows is out of print. Instead, I had to buy the Batman and Son New Edition that features both TPBs.

Great work, DC, making me repurchase stuff I already have! Comics were a mistake.

How about when volumes 1,3,4,5,6,7 are all in stock, but vol 2 is OOP.

GAMEPROFF

Banned
Only one book left and I have a complete collection of the Clone Saga and I can finally read and find out how garbage it was
I hope Kaine and Ben Reilly are enough to keep me on it

Owzers

I'll wait until morning I think. Even with the Bank Holiday I can actually sleep right now and I plan to take advantage of that while I can. I can't do a 1AM belltime for a non-Big Four PPV or Takeover anymore I think. I was a zombie for a week after WrestleMania went to 5AM. Wrestling just isn't worth that right now.

There's no way this whole AJ Styles/ Bullet Club thing doesn't make me say wrestling was a mistake by the end of tonight.

I'm also trying to finish up Attilan Rising SW tie-in on MU, I don't care for Black Bolt's character in this or the story overall, just trying to move on to Uncanny Inhumans.

Nudull

Banned
Yeah, I'll echo the disappointment with Howling Commandos. A shame too, because I wanted a new Marvel monsters book for so long. At least we still have Devil Dinosaur.

Sadist

Oh wait, FCBD is this week? Sweet. I'll be near the comicbook store so I guess I'll pick up a few things. Last year I got there pretty late, so I only got Secret Wars 0.

So bad numbers, too? :(

March:

130 Moon Girl and Devil Dinosaur 5 $3.99 Marvel 14,771

Exactly one place below Angela which was cancelled. The next five Marvel books below that are Illiuminati, Black Knight, Drax, Hercules and Howling Commandos. Howling and Illuminati are done. Hercules is on the bubble. Drax will get to 12 just because of the CM Punk factor. Not sure about Black Knight.

Messi

March:

Exactly one place below Angela which was cancelled. The next five Marvel books below that are Illiuminati, Black Knight, Drax, Hercules and Howling Commandos. Howling and Illuminati are done. Hercules is on the bubble. Drax will get to 12 just because of the CM Punk factor. Not sure about Black Knight.

Fucked

March:

See, those are all books I don't read, so it's probably my fault. But I'm very interested in checking out Nighthawk #1 this month.

Zombine

Banned
The sooner the crap gets out of the way the sooner we get wave 2 books like Blade. Devil Dinosaur is safe for now, but some of the original books that made it into wave 1 are pretty questionable ideas.

Brian Fellows

Pete Carroll Owns Me
XD

Wow, that book is still a thing? I only read the first few issues and it seemed cute.

I don't think it is. They finished up their first arc early last year and then took off like 9 months. Then they came back with one issue in December only for the book to disappear from the solicits again.

And for the record I am not actually rooting against Moon Girl and Devil Dinosaur.

The sooner the crap gets out of the way the sooner we get wave 2 books like Blade. Devil Dinosaur is safe for now, but some of the original books that made it into wave 1 are pretty questionable ideas.

I'm so looking forward to Blade. They should get the rubbish like ANAD Avengers out of the way.

Messi

Sure. Doesn't mean I can't enjoy it before it gets cancelled and added to the All-New All-Cancelled Marvel U.

Sure, one doesn't affect the other. If books were saved based on quality we would still have Angela and Star Lord wouldn't have a book anymore.

Sure, one doesn't affect the other. If books were saved based on quality we would still have Angela and Star Lord wouldn't have a book anymore.

You're not wrong.

Is Blade confirmed at this point or is it still that rumor thing with the daughter?

The daughter was never a rumor. That's always been the premise of the book. Blade will be in it, too.

Going all in on fucked books I see.

Sticking with the safe bets, that's me.

Hellcat on the chopping block, too?

There is at least another arc coming that has Jessica Jones. Dat MCU bump!

PatsyWalkerJJ-e1458491123190.jpg

Isn't that just one issue? I feel like hellcat is gonna get the She Hulk 12.

Hellcat does 16kish. But I am sure with Kate Leths fans that book is doing ok digitally

http://www.newsarama.com/28486-jessica-jones-patsy-walker-meet-again-for-the-very-first-time.html

The friendship between Jessica Jones and Patsy Walker was a key part of Netflix’s Jessica Jones series, and now it’s coming to Marvel Comics inside Patsy Walker a.k.a. Hellcat! beginning in June’s #7, the “Best Frenemies” story-arc will feature Jessica and Patsy’s meeting for the first time while the former is working on a case. Will sparks fly, or the claws come out, so to speak?

Seems like it's an arc anyway.

Top Bottom