• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Condition Zero: Deleted Scenes

Who the hell is responsible for this abortion of a game? Was this the first CS:CZ before it switched developers? If so, I can see why they took it out of their hands. The game is terrible. There are user mods with more effort put into it.

The Condition Zero that comes with Silver isn't too bad though. The bots are dumb but it's good practice since I haven't played Counter-Strike in ages. Does anyone here play CS:S regularly?

epmode

for a beginner (like me,) the bots are great practice. what's nice is that they actually behave like a human player.. try spectating them in first person. there's little to no obvious cheating.

Yusaku

I downloaded it when I got the HL2 Silver package. After 5 minutes I:

delete.jpg

In a way, they're more organized than some online games. Last night when I played CS:S, everyone would go in one direction leaving a bomb site unprotected. This happened like 8 times before I finally left. Everyone was following everyone else in one direction.

The bots seems to be more organized in that they'll split up into 3-4 sized teams.

Speaking of CS:S, are there particular guns that can go through metal? On one map (office I think), someone was capping a few of us through these metal dumpsters. Seemed pretty weird to me. :(

LAMBO

a full team rush is a great tactic, you should run with them, or be the lone wolf and protect the site. I never thought i'd hear someone compalin about their team rushing in CS.

epmode

there are several guns that can shoot through various materials. you can test it yourself. buy a desert eagle and try to fire through objects. look for the bullet hole on the other side.

you can even shoot through some walls. corners are particularly vulnerable, as the walls are thinner there.

LAMBO said:
a full team rush is a great tactic, you should run with them, or be the lone wolf and protect the site. I never thought i'd hear someone compalin about their team rushing in CS.

Because we lost all 8 missions that they were rushing. IT WAS NOT WORKING and they kept doing it over and over again. Terrorist would rush A and plant bomb and the CT team wouldn't do a thing about it, rushing to B 8 times.

They were a bunch of dumb fucks. Obviously not a great tactic if the other team is taking advantage of it.

StoOgE

First tragedy, then farce.
LAMBO said:

have to agree.. its a great tactic.. the maps are small enough that you can rush through both bomb sites quick enough to make sure its not set.. its an especially good tactic if the terrorists keep going to one bomb site through one path.

LAMBO

Well i guess we'll disagree but i'll take a rushing squad any day, it moves the game along, i can't stand campers.

SKluck

Banned
There is a command to turn on bullet hit highlighters. They only last a few seconds, but they are blue and pretty big. Start your own server, turn on sv_showimpacts, and it makes it a lot easier to test.

I found Condition Zero: Deleted Scenes relatively entertaining for a free game, but I'm glad they didn't shrinkwrap it in a box and ask $40 for it. As for real CZ, the only noticable differences are the textures and the hostage behavior. Hostages are friggin hilarious in CZ.

firex

The Shadow said:
In a way, they're more organized than some online games. Last night when I played CS:S, everyone would go in one direction leaving a bomb site unprotected. This happened like 8 times before I finally left. Everyone was following everyone else in one direction.

The bots seems to be more organized in that they'll split up into 3-4 sized teams.

Speaking of CS:S, are there particular guns that can go through metal? On one map (office I think), someone was capping a few of us through these metal dumpsters. Seemed pretty weird to me. :(
the big machinegun (M249, the only one you can buy under machineguns) is capable of shooting through some doors and walls.

and condition zero sucks... i played through it to get some practice too (if you can believe it i never played CS before, ever, until i bought the hl2 silver pack) and it's just annoying. not to mention the different difficulty levels don't give you any new maps or new bots to use, just tougher requirements to beat each map.

Top Bottom