• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Consoles screenshots thread (PS4/Xbone/WiiU) [Up: Thread rules in OP]

Is this the game that most of the "graphic's first" community of this forum can't distinguish from a Wii game in HD?
I don't think that there's a single game in the market with fur technology as advanced as this.

Given at the time of your post, you admitted to not even having the game in your hands, that's a pretty questionable quote right there.

Not to mention, when the game has next to nothing else going on (don't get me wrong, it's got beautiful colour and art style) as in poor textures, low poly counts etc, it's not hard to imagine being able to run a fur shader.

I have COD on PC and the fur looks terrible. It almost seems like a warp effect added to the dog and the fur moves around like water. So I'd be interested to see if the DK fur is any better (or if it can even be seen during gameplay and not just zoomed in scenes).

Anyway, may as well use the post for my first pics (all taken with default upload to FB).

Given at the time of your post, you admitted to not even having the game in your hands, that's a pretty questionable quote right there.

Not to mention, when the game has next to nothing else going on (don't get me wrong, it's got beautiful colour and art style) as in poor textures, low poly counts etc, it's not hard to imagine being able to run a fur shader.

I have COD on PC and the fur looks terrible. It almost seems like a warp effect added to the dog and the fur moves around like water. So I'd be interested to see if the DK fur is any better (or if it can even be seen during gameplay and not just zoomed in scenes).

Anyway, may as well use the post for my first pics (all taken with default upload to FB).

I thought the post was just about the fur, I mean its obvious that the game in its entirety isn't technically impressive, but the fur is.

iXD1SsyBzRQPO.jpg

VanWinkle

Is this the game that most of the "graphic's first" community of this forum can't distinguish from a Wii game in HD?
I don't think that there's a single game in the market with fur technology as advanced as this.

Yeah, besides the fur, I am really disappointed in the graphics. Art style is nice, fur is nice, and 60fps is nice, but there are low-res Wii-like assets all over the place, and upscaling to 1080p makes QUITE the blurry, jaggy look.

I haven't nearly beat the game yet, but I would say besides the fur and resolution, it looks very similar to DKCR on Wii.

grimmiq

I was mostly thinking about that Squaresoft waterstamp in the left corner does that always happen?

Seems so, thought it would only be with the HUD disabled, but those have them too, guessing the shots without it aren't taken with the share button.

12706299253_762d74a734_o.png

12706297863_cef16352ac_o.png

^ Oops some people are missing their legs.. must've left when I was taking screenshots >.<
12706294283_b7b8c53743_o.png

(L1 + Touch Pad Button to disable HUD - R3 to go to first-person mode.. for anyone who didn't know).

SFenton

As far as graphics go for console games , Killzone is the current king, until Second Son comes out.

This is my first time in the thread, so if this discussion has been beaten to death, forgive me. I think Ryse is on par or a little better than Killzone in some areas (resolution aside), though from what I've seen of the city rendering in Killzone, it's absolutely gorgeous as well. Roommate has Killzone and I saw a later level with some gravity wells, and that was pretty, but rather gray-ish.

burgerdog

I have a ps4 and killzone(don't own an xbone)but from what I've seen of Ryse in this thread I would say that Ryse is the best looking next gen game.

Yeah, besides the fur, I am really disappointed in the graphics. Art style is nice, fur is nice, and 60fps is nice, but there are low-res Wii-like assets all over the place, and upscaling to 1080p makes QUITE the blurry, jaggy look.

I haven't nearly beat the game yet, but I would say besides the fur and resolution, it looks very similar to DKCR on Wii.

Having just finished a session on DKCR and then switching to TF, I can confirm it shits all over DKCR.

Not sure many are actually reading the rules from the OP. PC screenshot thread has followed them pretty damn closely and here it's kinda all over the place.

Mory Dunz

Sonic Lost World is really pretty. I think it fits a lot more than "realistic" Sonic to be honest.

More DKC TF:

tumblr_n1fmmqTM8B1sknvbmo1_1280.jpg

Wow. This game is really pretty.
Maybe the issue was everytime graphics were brought up, the only thing that was posted was the beach level, which didn't seem represenative.

I didn't need to play the game to know it had better graphics that anything seen on the Wii, and if in different shots DK's fur was in different positions, then it wasn't weird to assume it had some physics related movement.

Now with the game in my hands I can without any doubt affirm that your claim about the game having nothing more than the fur is absolutely false. In terms of polygon count it trounces nearly anything I've seen on the Wii U and a lot of the "big guys" of the Xbox 360, and while the textures are designed to be watched from a certain distance, it's also true that the amount of assets that every single level of this game is able to display it's absolutely awesome.

Grinchy

Banned
FF14 looks really nice on PS4. I took some shots but I haven't looked at them yet. There's probably nothing great in my folder yet but it's nice to see the screens in here.

Calmine

All the screens of FFXIV are great but I can see it's the same problems PC has when using comfy couch and controller, hopefully they patch and improve it for PS4 release.

Top Bottom