• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Consoles screenshots thread (PS4/Xbone/WiiU) [Up: Thread rules in OP]

adamsapple

Or is it just one of Phil's balls in my throat?
Can we keep these facial comparisons for a separate thread? Not hating what so ever, just out of context for this threads intent.

Better looking faces is a part of the "next gen upgrade", I don't see why it shouldn't be a part of this thread.

UNCMark

Banned
This isn't a very pretty picture. It was taken using the share button on the PS4, but you'll have to trust me that it actually looked quite beautiful on my tv:

BZUhT0AIgAA1fzo.jpg:orig

chubigans

y'all should be ashamed
Wait...can you take and share screenshots with Xbox One? I can't recall seeing that feature being shown, just the Game DVR stuff. How does that work?

Pitmonkey

Better looking faces is a part of the "next gen upgrade", I don't see why it shouldn't be a part of this thread.

Because it has nothing to do with "Next-gen consoles screenshots Thread (PS4/Xbone/WiiU)." It's actually a worth topic for it's own thread, because it really warrants some interesting comparisons worth more than being lost in a sea of screenshots.

Jinfash

needs 2 extra inches
I wish GG would quit designing games and just focus on tech, engine, middleware and distribute them among Sony's studios. Because I'm really impressed by the results they've achieved under such a short time... from a technical standpoint. It's too unfortunate the game doesn't live up to the crisp, clean visuals.

dark10x

Digital Foundry pixel pusher
Dark10x screenshots don't have those dynamic clothes in the ceiling. I don't know the reason. PS4 shot is good enough, but using same settings in pc version achieve a absurdly high framerate. That small room with volumetric light is one of the most demanding scenes in the game in terms of performance.
Thanks, now I feel like shit about my PC.

And you aren't missing geometry or texture details either lol.
That super-sampled shot from before was missing those same details.

PhantomR

Banned
The last several pages in here have been a pleasant, enjoyable, relatively fanboy and bullshit free thread showing off some amazing screens from all three next gen consoles.

What a breath of fresh air that is badly needed in here. Thank you, GAF. Please keep the goodness coming. That shot of Ryse was absolutely incredible.

Unfortunately I wont be picking one up at launch. I probably won't get one until late next year :(

Damn, oh well. Hopefully ms includes the feature, i will be posting here a lot. If you are taking requests, could you take some shots of echo? GG did a great job modeling her besides from that uber close up scene in the trailer.

I'd love to see some comparison pics between Flower on PS3 and PS4. Sure looks pretty.

The biggest gain is 60 fps over 30, and the precision of the new gyro, and it is crisper overall. It is best appreciated in motion though. It truly is great, and I thank whoever decided to bring it to the PS4.

Bishop89

I'd love to see some comparison pics between Flower on PS3 and PS4. Sure looks pretty.

I second this.
I havnt played flower on ps3, and Im struggling to see any differences between the 2 versions via screenshots.

Does the ps4 have more grass or something?

dark10x

Digital Foundry pixel pusher
Thanks, now I feel like shit about my PC.

That super-sampled shot from before was missing those same details.

This is the shot I was talking about. Notice the same missing details from my shot (both texture and geometry)? This shot was said to be using all Ultra settings as well. So what's the deal?

10570185033_3511412a5e_o.jpg

Madness

Guys please, more 'gameplay' shots ie. That show the HuD, the world, the character etc. Best way to make a game look impressive IMO.

I mean we already get those 'bullshot' pics that publishers and devs release to the public that are like framed properly with lighting and stuff.

I just want to see more outdoor shots of AC4, that really show the texture work, plants etc. Shots of Killzone that show the outdoors, the sky boxes etc. Really loving everything so far, especially Wind Waker. I beat that game like 4 times on gamecube, feel like buying a Wii U just to play it in HD.

UNCMark

Banned
please give us a way to take uncompressed screenshots on ps4

I agree. This shot was absolutely beautiful in-game, but doesn't look very good the way it was sent to Twitter. Is that my fault or am I seeing the best the PS4 will allow me to take?

BZQZq-6CQAAw1mg.jpg:orig

thanks for the tip, Cold.

balohna

This gen actually looks nice out the gate. I remember thinking how ugly a lot of early 360 and PS3 stuff was at the time. Everything looked plastic.

JayDub

XB1 will be my main this gen (360 was last gen), but holy shit, KZ: Shadowfall looks fucking incredible.

I'm downloading it now. I can't wait to see it.

Top Bottom