• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Consoles screenshots thread (PS4/Xbone/WiiU) [Up: Thread rules in OP]

StevieP

Banned
I understand that. But worse than BO2?

In every way, yes. On every platform.

I have the PC version and have thrown a high end crossfire rig with an i7 at it, and dropped details (with no antialiasing!) and it still runs sub 30fps most of the time at 1080.

The compromises are worse on other platforms. The games runs like ass on (I think) pretty much everything except the 360.

Meanwhile my same rig handles BF4 maxed out at 1080p looking much better. And BO2 with everything maxed out and at 1080, looking much nicer.

AngryBird

Banned
Like the details o_O

ir4NuxqE2vHG9.jpg

I mistook a couple of those Wii U AC4 shots for the PS4 version. The texture work caught me off-guard! Also, why does those COD:BO2 Wii U pics(p 21) look so much better than Ghost? IW really dropped the ball with that game overall, and even though Treyarch did the best they could to port that garbage code over to Wii U, much more could have been done IQ wise.

First thanks for this thread OP!!

I was looking forward to CoD Ghost on Wii U, but Treyarch had to port everything as IW and Treyarch use different tech it seems. Black Ops 2 on the Wii U looks very colorful and clean, I was satisfied with the Wii U version, I thought it looks good enough, that is why I had high hopes for Ghosts. Maybe if Wii U happens to get the next Treyarch game, we can see something better than Black Ops 2. With so much games to look forward and to catch up on the Wii U, Ghosts is totally a no, unless I find it cheap next year.

Will try to get some screenshots and contribute to this thread. Going by the early banned thread reactions Wii U is worse than gonorrhoea.

For PS4 Killzone and Resogun looking great, really tempting.

Wii U Pikmin 3, NFSMW and WW HD looking great too. Ubi I think did a very good job with AC 4 on every platform, Wii U AC 4 looks like it deserves some love.

rawktapus

Pikmin 3 boss. Not easy if you're going for a "no pikmin death" run
io5TbHNHJbnvx.jpg

Cool guy from AC4.
ibynsE1OE18g2B.jpg

I was trying to catch the shadows in the second one. Do they look off to anyone else? The edges have a weird jitter to them, and it looks really weird when they move. I'm not very technically inclined so it could be a myriad of things though :/

Are they using any form of sub-surface scattering on the KZ character models?

It's really subtle if they are. I can def see some really high quality Ambient Occlusion though. I love The Orders sss. Very realistic.

I don't think they are using sub-surface scattering. I also find the AO they use to be very impressive.

In every way, yes. On every platform.

I have the PC version and have thrown a high end crossfire rig with an i7 at it, and dropped details (with no antialiasing!) and it still runs sub 30fps most of the time at 1080.

The compromises are worse on other platforms. The games runs like ass on (I think) pretty much everything except the 360.

Meanwhile my same rig handles BF4 maxed out at 1080p looking much better. And BO2 with everything maxed out and at 1080, looking much nicer.
Damn!

Flo_Evans

Why does everyone keep posting that killzone girl?

she looks pretty bad to me..
flat.. angular.. washed out/blurry..

Yeah she looks pretty good as an overall model, but the closeups of her face are ugly.

twitter capture of KZ:
gOaPUHb.jpg

This section was amazing. Just floating around in space bathed in beautiful light. Anyone have direct feed capture of this area?

nbnt

is responsible for the well-being of this island.
More, more!
Please post more. Many more lol.
Alright alright :p
Mother. Of. God.

You take the best screenshots in this thread, bar none, quality wise. Please post more!!
Thanks!

10934188456_1207a320e2_o.png

10934441923_250b28c9fc_o.png

10934407363_b7d3f9d6de_o.png

I'll have more when I make some progress.

These are PNG files...the heck kind of program you used??? Fraps?
Yep.

So how many of Shadow Fall's cut-scenes are pre-rendered and how many are in real-time?

And is it possible to tell the difference on a TV?
From what I've played, at the beginning of every chapter there's a pre-rendered cutscene to mask the initial loading, the rest is real time AFAIK. It is somewhat noticeable to me, but it's not bad at all.

Bonus Flower shot

10934211716_55abe308f7_o.png

Everyone should buy this game. Seriously.

UNCMark

Banned
Again, taken with the PS4 share button. Not the most beautiful game, but it's very clean and is a noticeable improvement over the PS3 version. Especially framerate.

BZZRqcpCYAANMiS.jpg:orig

BZZRxrnIIAAsA39.jpg:orig

Timu

After much research I have found out why a lot of the screens are compressed, mine are less compressed but still a bit of compression in areas and why nbnt's are so good...it's not just the external capture card, it's the fact that the video bit rate is so high. I mean 6 MB PNGs, really, I couldn't even get that high with BMPs. Lets compare one of my screens to his:

Mine:

263ed41d_MediaCaptureGame1X2013-11-1716-24-58-528.png

His:

Notice how much better the guys with the red and blue packs look more clean compared to my shots? Or heck the crowd in general. I think it's because my capture card can't handle it perfectly since I get better screens in other areas with little to no compression. Having that said, I should just get the Avermedia instead. Hoping to get one soon.

Alo81

Low Poly Gynecologist
Alright alright :p

Thanks!

10934188456_1207a320e2_o.png

10934441923_250b28c9fc_o.png

I'll have more when I make some progress.

Yep.

From what I've played, at the beginning of every chapter there's a pre-rendered cutscene to mask the initial loading, the rest is real time AFAIK. It is somewhat noticeable to me, but it's not bad at all.

Bonus Flower shot

10934211716_55abe308f7_o.png

Everyone should buy this game. Seriously.
Bood dude, the capture card does some great captures.

Do you know what bitrate it passes through at?

I'm looking to get a card that can just do 1080p60 pass through (not recording - I'd do that with fraps or another program) with relatively little compression.

UNCMark

Banned
I'll second or third (or whatever we're up to) the recommendation of Flower. I already owned it so it was free, but it's one of the better launch games I can not wait for Journey. Can't wait.

EatChildren

Currently polling second in Australia's federal election (first in the Gold Coast), this feral may one day be your Bogan King.
I look forward to the day a PC first person shooter arrives with Crysis 3-tier technology and art that matches Killzone: Shadow Fall. I'm still pretty convinced Crysis 3 maxed out is more technically demanding, but it looks like poo in comparison because Guerrilla's art is just so goddamn good in combination with their own crazy tech.

Really keen to seen what Guerrilla is doing for their next IP.

prophecy0

I play this after killing people in Killzone. Calms me down.

Hah, the first thing I did after beating God of War III for the first time a few years ago was boot up Flower. It made me feel better about myself after playing through all of the bad shit that Kratos did.

maneil99

I look forward to the day a PC first person shooter arrives with Crysis 3-tier technology and art that matches Killzone: Shadow Fall. I'm still pretty convinced Crysis 3 maxed out is more technically demanding, but it looks like poo in comparison because Guerrilla's art is just so goddamn good in combination with their own crazy tech.

Fantasy RPG is the rumor.

nordique

I'll say it again cause I must...Killzone is fantastic. Truly a "next gen" feel.

CoD Ghosts....resolution and IQ aside, I did not find it "next gen" in anyway over the PS360 version and those pics reenforce that similarity. It just looks like a nicer version, nothing inherently and obviously better (for me). Its clean and crisp on PS4 but its still disappointing when put against BF4 and especially Killzone.

delta25

Banned

Have you had a chance to play shadow fall?

nbnt

is responsible for the well-being of this island.
After much research I have found out why a lot of the screens are compressed, mine are less compressed but still a bit of compression in areas and why nbnt's are so good...it's not just the external capture card, it's the fact that the video bit rate is so high. I mean 6 MB PNGs, really, I couldn't even get that high with BMPs. Lets compare one of my screens to his:

Mine:

http://cdn.overclock.net/2/26/263ed41d_MediaCaptureGame1X2013-11-1716-24-58-528.png

His:
http://farm6.staticflickr.com/5500/10934407363_b7d3f9d6de_o.png

Notice how much better the guys with the red and blue packs look more clean compared to my shots? Or heck the crowd in general. I think it's because my capture card can't handle it perfectly since I get better screens in other areas with little to no compression. Having that said, I should just get the Avermedia instead. Hoping to get one soon.
That's because your external capture is encoding the signal :)

There are external capture cards that don't force encoding, like XCAPTURE-1 and Intensity Shuttle.
Bood dude, the capture card does some great captures.

Do you know what bitrate it passes through at?

I'm looking to get a card that can just do 1080p60 pass through (not recording - I'd do that with fraps or another program) with relatively little compression.
I use AVERMEDIA Game Broadcaster HD, and like most internal capture cards, it doesn't encode the signal, but is limited to YUV.

Can't get enough of Killzone girl... but is there a story based reason her hood is so angular?
Yes, she has horns.
j/k

More Killzone

10943037344_1f6326ba57_o.png

10943163693_21328fec26_o.png

10943132513_609858dcdc_o.png

Top Bottom